You'll never guess which states have most jobless

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Libs - Before you rip WND remember these stats came from the Democratic led government...

Unemployment in March was 20 percent higher in so-called "blue states" won by Democratic candidate Barack Obama in last fall's presidential election than in "red states" won by Republican candidate John McCain, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=98569

Libs - Before you rip WND remember these stats came from the Democratic led government...

Unemployment in March was 20 percent higher in so-called "blue states" won by Democratic candidate Barack Obama in last fall's presidential election than in "red states" won by Republican candidate John McCain, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

YES!!! Michigan is way out in front!

Nice to have something to cheer other than the Red Wings.

Duh!

Blue states had all the manufacturing jobs.

And this would make sense why red states were stupid enough to vote for the status quo. They just don't get it yet.

Duh!

And this would make sense why red states were stupid enough to vote for the status quo. They just don't get it yet.

What manufacturing jobs are there in California and Oregon?

Crickets.... booboo is searching the net right now....LOL

This (Map) - Economic stimulus: Transportation infrastructure projects by county shows amounts of economic stimulus projects being spent and unemployment figures county-by-county nation-wide. Zoom-in to find your county within your state.

Duh!

What manufacturing jobs are there in California and Oregon?

Aerospace and Defense.

Crickets.... booboo is searching the net right now....LOL

And I spent an entire day yesterday talking about a PBS special I saw on Sunday explaining what happened to LA.

WW2 started and blacks were recruited to LA to work for GM, Ford, Chrysler and for 30 years black people were very successful in LA. Then the Big 3 left and that had a lot to do with why the riots happened in the 60's and also why south central today is a war zone.

You right wingers can't think this stuff thru. That's why you never solve any problems.

You can't solve the economic problems we have now with tax cuts.

We need more jobs. The sooner you admit this, the sooner I stop thinking you are a fucking idiot.

Let me guess. The biggest states with the most people in them?

We need more jobs. The sooner you admit this, the sooner I stop thinking you are a fucking idiot.
You miss the point bobo, 'jobs' don't spring up from thin air or the voting boothe.

Jobs come from INDUSTRY, are created by BUSINESS and maintained by CORPORATIONS.

What three things in that last sentance are the left hostile too? :eusa_drool:

You miss the point bobo, 'jobs' don't spring up from thin air or the voting boothe.

Jobs come from INDUSTRY, are created by BUSINESS and maintained by CORPORATIONS.

Allowing them to not pay their fair share of taxes so they can maximize profits, that they don't share with their employees but instead give to their CEO's.

Or giving them tax breaks for going overseas in search of cheap labor.

Or sending their goods back here to be sold.

Who buys their fucking goods?

Isn't the customer always right?

Well we aren't customers anymore. Notice the bad economy? Its because no one is buying anything.

Do you know what GDP is? You can't have GDP without a Domestic product.

Have you seen the huge trade imbalance? What do you want to do about it?

You know what? Never mind, because you didn't answer or address any of my points. You simply changed the subject.

If this economy isn't proof you are/were wrong, NOTHING will ever wake you up.

And the strong middle class we HAD didn't just spring up out of thin air either.

And, it didn't just magically disappear.

We had a strong middle class before Reagan cut taxes and then Bush cut them even more.

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts | CommonDreams.org

Just remember, the Corporations are always going to push for more tax breaks until they pay zero. Hell, we don't know. With all the GOP loopholes that were created, maybe they pay zero now. You sure don't know for sure. Did you know about the offshore tax shelters? No you didn't, unless you worked for Lehman brothers.

Isn't that ironic? The same firms that helped all the companies go offshore and avoid paying their taxes, are the same companies that needed to bailed out. We were scammed/robbed. Don't you get it?

Tell me something. In business, there are always winner and always losers. So, who won over the last 8 years? If the bankers lost all that money, $750 billion, who won it? Where did that money go? Who's got it?

I'll tell you. The CEO's, healthcare, oil, cars, enron, defense, iraq, etc.

Allowing them to not pay their fair share of taxes so they can maximize profits, that they don't share with their employees but instead give to their CEO's.

Well we aren't customers anymore. Notice the bad economy? Its because no one is buying anything.

You know what? Never mind, because you didn't answer or address any of my points. You simply changed the subject.

Who decides what's a "fair share in taxes"? What is that number?

Oh...I'd say that the Repub policies of the last eight years got exactly what they intended... the squeezing out of the middle class and the shifting of even more wealth to the top 1% of wageearners.

Trickle down was always a myth... "voodoo economics" as daddy bush phrased it. and he was right.

A middle class only exists with regulation. And democracy only exists with a strong middle class.

Exactly! Good point. Does our government have a surplus or deficit?

And remember when gas was $4? That fucked your bills up, right?

So clearly you pay more than your share in taxes.

Now after seeing how these mega corporations are sheltering their $ offshore and so are 50,000 of our richest Americans (UBS), I would say that they are NOT paying their fair share.

Lets say pre Reagan they were paying too much. Ok fine, so Reagan lowered their taxes. FINE. But then Bush 2 came in and lowered them too much.

And no matter how low he makes them, 3rd world countries labor costs are still lower than they are here, so they will still leave the country if the politicans allow them, and they will never stop complaining until they not only pay zero in taxes, but they will probably even push to be subsodized.

What would you say then? If a big company in your state said, "give us a billion dollars in tax subsodies or we are leaving your state and the US.

Do you know what I would say? Leave!!! And don't ship your shit back here.

And then another start up company in the "free market" will take over for them.

Instead of their CEO making $20 million, he/she might only make $2 million a year.

And the only way wages will go up is if jobs are plentyful. We can't replace the jobs that are leaving fast enough. And Green jobs don't pay as well as the union jobs that left.

That's not a good thing. And that will affect all of us. If wages go down for some, they typically go down for all of us.

If you are a business owner, maybe you don't mind, but as a worker bee, that's bullshit.

And it doesn't help the economy either.

That's the thing about right wing thinking. It just doesn't work.

I get all your talking points. We don't want to tax a company so much that they can't succeed. And we can't be isolationists. But we do need to tax the companies "their fair share" and we do need to protect the American middle class, which is under attack.

Why would it be in any way surprising that the states with the highest unemployment as a result of the recession would have elected the candidate from the party not in power?

It is what I would expect to happen.

Now after seeing how these mega corporations are sheltering their $ offshore and so are 50,000 of our richest Americans (UBS), I would say that they are NOT paying their fair share.

Lets say pre Reagan they were paying too much. Ok fine, so Reagan lowered their taxes. FINE. But then Bush 2 came in and lowered them too much.

And no matter how low he makes them, 3rd world countries labor costs are still lower than they are here, so they will still leave the country if the politicans allow them, and they will never stop complaining until they not only pay zero in taxes, but they will probably even push to be subsodized.

What would you say then? If a big company in your state said, "give us a billion dollars in tax subsodies or we are leaving your state and the US.

Instead of their CEO making $20 million, he/she might only make $2 million a year.

And the only way wages will go up is if jobs are plentyful. We can't replace the jobs that are leaving fast enough. And Green jobs don't pay as well as the union jobs that left.

That's not a good thing. And that will affect all of us. If wages go down for some, they typically go down for all of us.

If you are a business owner, maybe you don't mind, but as a worker bee, that's bullshit.

I get all your talking points. We don't want to tax a company so much that they can't succeed. And we can't be isolationists. But we do need to tax the companies "their fair share" and we do need to protect the American middle class, which is under attack.

So again, what is their fair share?????? You are saying that if they make $20 million a year they are not paying their fair share.... What if they pay 90% in taxes and still make $20 million???? Are they still not paying their fair share???? What is that number? Is it what ever it takes to keep their pay at $2 million a year? Why is it you or the government that should tell these people how much they should make? Also, how is raising taxes on American coporations going to entice corporations to move their operations here?

And the reason unemployment is skyrocketing is that those very industries have had no borrowing power to expand or in some cases, even maintain their businesses. Slowly, as the credit crunch is eased, that will change. But not overnight.

So again, what is their fair share?????? You are saying that if they make $20 million a year they are not paying their fair share.... What if they pay 90% in taxes and still make $20 million???? Are they still not paying their fair share???? What is that number? Is it what ever it takes to keep their pay at $2 million a year? Why is it you or the government that should tell these people how much they should make? Also, how is raising taxes on American coporations going to entice corporations to move their operations here?

Look, indexing (income bracketing) has been going on since 1917. You need to stop pretending this is all some new elaborate tax plan belonging strictly to Obama. It fluctuates among the majority party, with Reagan lowering the highest percentage, Clinton bringing it back up, Bush lowering it again, and now Obama trying to raise it back to where it was during the Clinton administration.

Deal with it.

The government decides how much to tax. Bush decided to not tax them enough.

No one tells them how much to make. The more the better. Same for us. The more I make, the more taxes I pay. Pay me more so I can pay more taxes!!!

And no, I'm not saying that. YOU are saying that.

Entice? Sometimes you use a carrot and sometimes a stick. Sometimes you entice, sometimes you tariff.

Forum List

Back