You won't stop now, will you?

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
washingtonpost.com
Audit Finds Waste in 'Green' Projects
Energy Dept. Acknowledges Problems With Outsourcing, Need for Oversight
(By Robert O'Harrow Jr., The Washington Post)

I'm pretty sure those that were screamin' for 8 yrs about lack of oversight won't stop now, right?

Listen, Obama pledged to "call out" mayors and governors if there was waste and fraud in the stimulus spending. There has been massive waste and fraud and he has yet to say a peep. In fact he wants to push the stuff out faster.
You cannot have a gov't program that shovels huge amounts of money through the system without waste. I don't care whether it's a Republican or Democrat doing the pushing. It will result in waste.

washingtonpost.com

I'm pretty sure those that were screamin' for 8 yrs about lack of oversight won't stop now, right?

Can you provide a link to the actual story? Or at least give examples of the waste found?

washingtonpost.com

Can you provide a link to the actual story? Or at least give examples of the waste found?

perhaps if you click on the link it will take you to the actual story?

washingtonpost.com

He's probably waiting for the government to click the link for him.

Oversight is a joke 99% of the time. A team tells the organization where and what to cut from its bloated self, and then the same organization that hired them tells them to shut-up and stop worrying about it. Oversight rarely works unless the organization requiring it has not relationship with the program/organization being reviewed.

washingtonpost.com

You new at this or something?

washingtonpost.com

:lol:

maybe if Ravi actually READ the story she would have seen THIS

The initiatives are hallmarks of the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act approved by Congress in February. The stimulus law directed almost $17 billion to the department's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, including $3.2 billion for energy-efficiency and conservation block grants and $3.1 billion for state energy programs.

washingtonpost.com

Well, WaPo was there, but here's NYT too: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/us/23energy.html

maybe if Ravi actually READ the story she would have seen THIS

The initiatives are hallmarks of the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act approved by Congress in February. The stimulus law directed almost $17 billion to the department's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, including $3.2 billion for energy-efficiency and conservation block grants and $3.1 billion for state energy programs.
for ravi

New Topics

Forum List

Back