You will now see flag draped coffins on the news

They are going to lift the ban that makes the war dead invisible.

You fucking idiot, how about the war dead are invisible when sooper dooper news sources prioritize running a story about Bill Clinton's dog over the soldiers that died in Afghanistan that day ........

• Banned

while i don't doubt that an obvious mouth breather like yourself requires something to be on tv to be real, i can assure you the war dead have not been invisible.

They have been denied the honor they have always had in war.

why?

They were returning home and we were NOT allowed to see them return.

Why?

while i don't doubt that an obvious mouth breather like yourself requires something to be on tv to be real, i can assure you the war dead have not been invisible.

why?

Why?

What a bunch of specious bullshit. You know damned good and well the only point of showing coffins is to weaken the will of the US to maintain its resolve in the fight.

And may I remind you:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. --- John Stuart Mill

why?

Why?

if you wanted to see them return you could.

i went to more funerals than i'd like to think about.

your politicization of war dead is ghoulish and reprehensible.

There is only ONE reason this was stopped under Bush.

To keep the American people from thinking about these peoples sacrafice.

What a bunch of specious bullshit. You know damned good and well the only point of showing coffins is to weaken the will of the US to maintain its resolve in the fight.

They have always been allowed to be photographed in past wars.

You are right they Bush people wanted them out of sight so that people didnt have to really think of the dead as ......well....... dead.

You are right they Bush people wanted them out of sight so that people didnt have to really think of the dead as ......well....... dead.

Actually you are wrong -- shocker -- Pictures of war dead were not allowed to be shown in WW II for the same reason Bush didn't show them. In case you don't get this without someone actually stating it, we don't want another embarrassment that was our self-defeat in Vietnam. Not on the battlefield, but at home.

What a bunch of specious bullshit. [You know damned good and well the only point of showing coffins is to weaken the will of the US to maintain its resolve in the fight.

i appreciate that you've started labeling your rants appropriately, but a better way to word it would be: the following is a bunch of specious bullshit.

still, i do appreciate the effort.

kudos.

why?

Why?

And may I remind you:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. --- John Stuart Mill

If your will for war is weakened by a photo your will for war is to weak already..

The media not showing them wasn't a bad thing, because people who wanted to know will find the info out anyway and people who don't want to wouldn't see them on TV even if shown. That argument is moot.

The reasons for not wanting them shown by the previous admin was stupid, considering they got this war started by making Americans angry at Iraq for endangering them and showing Americans killed by them would be more likely to make them want to fight them more by fueling that anger. So that actually just shows they weren't thinking about it anyway.

In the US we have become too squeamish about death, people fear death more than they do living with pain. People fear losing their loved ones more than letting them live or rest in peace. People in the US become more upset when they see a corpse than they do when they see beaten. Because of this the dead are devalued, turned into nothing but political pawns, which is one of the worst things to do for the dead. One side holds onto them, making using them to stir up outrage, while the other side brushes them under the carpet trying to forget that they even exist. Neither is good, nor does either action show any form of respect for the dead. "Mourn but live," one of my best friends use to say, she's dead now, she died at 18 by a drunk hit and run. To this day I miss her, but that's because she isn't around anymore not because she's dead. But that one idea is strong, and meaningful more than anything. Remember them, remember their sacrifice, but don't throw it in everybodies face, that's just as bad as forgetting them.

You fucking idiot, how about the war dead are invisible when sooper dooper news sources prioritize running a story about Bill Clinton's dog over the soldiers that died in Afghanistan that day ........

Maybe you should stop taking drugs.

That's rich coming from you.

But apparently Katie Couric and NBC thought Buddy's death was a bigger story than a dead soldier in Afghanistan, go figure ........

why?

Why?

And may I remind you:

If your will for war is weakened by a photo your will for war is to weak already..

Obviously. Americans are not Pre-WW I Germans. We do not have a war-like culture. American would rather not fight. The problem is not what a picture would do, the problem is the constant parade of pictures, ad nauseum, all out of proportion to actual casualties gracing the front page of papers and TV shows whose political agenda mirrors TM.

If it is important enough to begin the war, it is important enough to end the war on the winning side. It is never good to lose a war --- ever.

Forum List

Back