You will be declared a terrorist and have your citizenship removed.

No country in history has descended from freedom to tyranny.

Right?

WTF does THAT have to do with the alien abductions?

You act like freedom has never been taken from a population by its own government in history. We both know as fact that isn't true. We should always suspect the motive of our government when they would state a purpose to remove more of our freedom.

No. I dont "act" like that at all.

Disagreeing with your misbegotten views on the Act in question has no relationship to your present claim about MY views.

Try to smarten up.

OF COURSE freedoms and liberties can be lost. OF COURSE some nations have descended from freedom to tyranny.

But that does not mean that OUR present effort to become a little proactive in dealing with some scumbags who might like to see us dead constitutes such a descent.

Newsflash: when a country gets annihilated, the loss of the right to life also constitutes a loss of pretty much all other rights and freedoms and liberties.

There has ALWAYS been a tension between the conflicting imperative of security and the demands for rights and liberties. We were set-up with such a balance in mind, in fact.

YOU seem to be an absolutist. That makes your views antithetical to the vision of of our Founders and the Framers.

There ya go.

They don't need to strip Citizenship. God,Americans are so damn uninformed. NDAA does not require that. SHEESH!

No natural born American CAN be stripped of citizenship.

Naturalized Americans, however, might not be so lucky.

I don't think any attempt to strip citizenship would survive a court challenge.

Many naturalized citizens HAVE had their citizenship stripped.

But if you are limiting your prognostication to just natural born citizens, I agree with you.

I can't imagine a Court taking away a natural born citizen's birthright. His freedom? Sure. His citizenship? No.

tsa_checkpoint.jpg

But if you are limiting your prognostication to just natural born citizens, I agree with you.

I can't imagine a Court taking away a natural born citizen's birthright. His freedom? Sure. His citizenship? No.

Actually, as sad as I am to say it, I did find a natural born citizen being stripped of citizenship by the court.

UNITED STATES V. WONG KIM ARK, 169 U. S. 649 (1898)

{This was a writ of habeas corpus issued October 2, 1895, by the District Court of the United States for the Northern District of California to the collector of customs at the port of San Francisco, in behalf of Wong Kim Ark, who alleged that he was a citizen of the United States, of more than twenty-one years of age, and was born at San Francisco in 1873 of parents of Chinese descent and subjects of the Emperor of China, but domiciled residents at San Francisco, and that, on his return to the United States on the steamship Coptic in August, 1895, from a temporary visit to China, he applied to said collector of customs for permission to land, and was by the collector refused such permission, and was restrained of his liberty by the collector, and by the general manager of the steamship company acting under his direction, in violation of the Constitution and laws of the United States, not by virtue of any judicial order or proceeding, but solely upon the pretence that he was not a citizen of the United States}

Allow me to burst a bubble or three and correct a fundamental misunderstanding.

A natural born U.S. Citizen (possibly including our President!) (j/k) CANNOT lose his citizenship.

A NATURALIZED citizen in theory COULD be stripped of that gift bestowed upon him if he is convicted of treason.

But a citizen BORN with U.S. citizenship cannot be involuntarily stripped of it. At least not yet.

In understand that.

Well, STOP in-understanding.

START understanding!

:D

I understand that Congressman Dent referred to Anwar al-Awlaki. Al-Awlaki was a natural born citizen.

I also understand that Congressman Dent said that American citizenship was MORE than a right; it was a responsibility. Well, saying that American citizenship is a responsibility leaves that term open to interpretation. It also says to me that what Congressman Dent REALLY means is that citizenship is LESS than a right, not more than a right

Last edited:
Comments on Enemy Expatriation Act (H.R. 3166) - YouTube

So, the NDAA and then this?

So Obama, American Citizens will not be harmed by the NDAA? What if you can remove their citizenship?

This allows them to do that, welcome to the fucking future.
Agree totally, now what? I have been saying since Bush now Obama next the same shit. We must abolish this government. It is written the Declaration of Independence.

Comments on Enemy Expatriation Act (H.R. 3166) - YouTube

So, the NDAA and then this?

So Obama, American Citizens will not be harmed by the NDAA? What if you can remove their citizenship?

This allows them to do that, welcome to the fucking future.
Agree totally, now what? I have been saying since Bush now Obama next the same shit. We must abolish this government. It is written the Declaration of Independence.

Saying stuff like that is literally how they define a terrorist with the new bill. Expect to find people like you stripped of their citizenship and put into jail without trial indefinitely.

STFU! Big Brother knows what's best for you. He has to take your rights to protect your rights. Why don't you idiots see that? You'll get the damn things back just as soon as his indefinite 'War on Terror' is over. So quit your bitching you stupid assholes! Big Brother fucking loves you!

:eek:

STFU! Big Brother knows what's best for you. He has to take your rights to protect your rights. Why don't you idiots see that? You'll get the damn things back just as soon as his indefinite 'War on Terror' is over. So quit your bitching you stupid assholes! Big Brother fucking loves you!

Holy dumbshit, Batman. You sound like that incredible idiot, Ron Paul.

Put the pipe down.

The "indefinite war on terror," as you so regularly abuse that meaningless phrase, is only "indefinite" in the sense that all wars are of indefinite duration.

And dopes like Ron Paul keep claiming that our rights are being taken. They aren't.

I'll grant you that the TSA infringes on us a bit too much. They need to be reigned in.

But other than that, this constant refrain from the Paulbots and numerous others that we are having our rights trammeled is just so much hot air.

What fucking "right" have you ever enjoyed that you no longer have?

In understand that.

Well, STOP in-understanding.

START understanding!

:D

I understand that Congressman Dent referred to Anwar al-Awlaki. Al-Awlaki was a natural born citizen.

I also understand that Congressman Dent said that American citizenship was MORE than a right; it was a responsibility. Well, saying that American citizenship is a responsibility leaves that term open to interpretation. It also says to me that what Congressman Dent REALLY means is that citizenship is LESS than a right, not more than a right

Since when was one Congressperson the barometer of what is or is not the proper understanding of these things?

Citizenship IS a birthright for the natural born citizens. Citizenship also is supposed to come with some responsibilities (albeit not that many in our Republic).

Noting both things is not contradictory. It is a simple declaration of the actual state of things.

Actually, as sad as I am to say it, I did find a natural born citizen being stripped of citizenship by the court.

UNITED STATES V. WONG KIM ARK, 169 U. S. 649 (1898)

{This was a writ of habeas corpus issued October 2, 1895, by the District Court of the United States for the Northern District of California to the collector of customs at the port of San Francisco, in behalf of Wong Kim Ark, who alleged that he was a citizen of the United States, of more than twenty-one years of age, and was born at San Francisco in 1873 of parents of Chinese descent and subjects of the Emperor of China, but domiciled residents at San Francisco, and that, on his return to the United States on the steamship Coptic in August, 1895, from a temporary visit to China, he applied to said collector of customs for permission to land, and was by the collector refused such permission, and was restrained of his liberty by the collector, and by the general manager of the steamship company acting under his direction, in violation of the Constitution and laws of the United States, not by virtue of any judicial order or proceeding, but solely upon the pretence that he was not a citizen of the United States}

But the Supreme Court determination declared that he WAS a U.S. citizen and not subject to the stripping of his citizenship.

Who here would like to see that citizens remain citizens even after found guilty of 'engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States'? A show of hands please?
What if you stand up in public and say, "The Iraq invasion was a crime!" and you are charged with supporting hostilities against the United States? That is a hostile statement and you obviously support it.

Neo-cons would say it's a valid charge. But if you and I disagree it doesn't matter because there will be no arraignment or trial, or anything. You'd just be gone. For good.

You people should STFU. They see & hear everything. Want to end up in GITMO? "911 changed everything." You better start learning to love this 'New America'...Or else.

Forum List

Back