You will be declared a terrorist and have your citizenship removed.

Comments on Enemy Expatriation Act (H.R. 3166) - YouTube

So, the NDAA and then this?

So Obama, American Citizens will not be harmed by the NDAA? What if you can remove their citizenship?

This allows them to do that, welcome to the fucking future.

This was a poison pill to be sure. At least Obama watered down the language and issued a signing statement objecting to the clause.

I would have preferred a veto..but that would have assured a one term presidency.

So Obama, American Citizens will not be harmed by the NDAA? What if you can remove their citizenship?

This was a poison pill to be sure. At least Obama watered down the language and issued a signing statement objecting to the clause.

I would have preferred a veto..but that would have assured a one term presidency.

If he objected to it, he should have vetoed and sent it back. Is our military more important than our country?

If he objected to it, he should have vetoed and sent it back. Is our military more important than our country?

I know of one Presidential candidate that would have vetoed it. Just one.

STFU! Big Brother knows what's best for you. He has to take your rights to protect your rights. Why don't you idiots see that? You'll get the damn things back just as soon as his indefinite 'War on Terror' is over. So quit your bitching you stupid assholes! Big Brother fucking loves you!

I know of one Presidential candidate that would have vetoed it. Just one.

Ron Paul.

But he will never be President.

Did you read my post?

You are preaching to the choir, bud.

you're referring to the NDAA, right? HR 3166 is still in committee.
H.R. 3166: Enemy Expatriation Act (GovTrack.us)
It also has a Democratic co-sponsor.... Jason Altmire.
Here's the bill summary...
Enemy Expatriation Act - Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to include engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which U.S. nationals would lose their nationality. Defines "hostilities" as any conflict subject to the laws of war.

Who here would like to see that citizens remain citizens even after found guilty of 'engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States'? A show of hands please?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEd7F5wBrqI]"Iowa's Choice: Liberty or Death (Ron Paul 2012 Rap Song)" by Smiley Chris MUST SEE!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Enemy Expatriation Act - Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to include engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States to the list of acts for which U.S. nationals would lose their nationality. Defines "hostilities" as any conflict subject to the laws of war.

Who here would like to see that citizens remain citizens even after found guilty of 'engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States'? A show of hands please?

I'm glad you're confident U.S. politicians and bureacrats won't overstep their bounds and expand on this legislation later on.

How you have achieved that confidence is a mystery to the point of a miracle to me though.

Look at how loose and generic that wording is, a lawyer's wet dream.

I'm glad you're confident U.S. politicians and bureacrats won't overstep their bounds and expand on this legislation later on.

How you have achieved that confidence is a mystery to the point of a miracle to me though.

please show me where I stated such an opinion on HR 3166.

Even court cases get reversed. You don't strip people of rights.

My apologies, maybe I read your sarcasm wrong.

Do you or don't you support it?

regardless of whether or not I support the bill as written, you made an assumption I'd be okay with politicians overstepping the law as written. you were incorrect.

For the record, as written, I have no problem with someone who is found guilty of 'engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States'... "hostilities" being defined as any conflict subject to the laws of war... being stripped of their US citizenship.

If you willfully and materially support hostilities against your own country, are tried, found guilty, you SHOULD be stripped of your citizenship.

There is a word for a citizen who switches sides and starts working for the enemy.

Traitor

But if you strip away the persons citizenship.

Then they can no longer be tried in court as a traitor.

This is going to turn into a huge cluster F%$K of epic proportions. :evil:

Last edited:

Did you read my post?

You are preaching to the choir, bud.

Oh I know, I was driving the point for other potential readers in the thread. :)

I like it when libs endorse "signing statements."

:badgrin:

I like it when libs endorse "signing statements."

:badgrin:

you forgot to include the words 'from other libs'.

regardless of whether or not I support the bill as written, you made an assumption I'd be okay with politicians overstepping the law as written. you were incorrect.

For the record, as written, I have no problem with someone who is found guilty of 'engaging in or purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the United States'... "hostilities" being defined as any conflict subject to the laws of war... being stripped of their US citizenship.

If you willfully and materially support hostilities against your own country, are tried, found guilty, you SHOULD be stripped of your citizenship.

They don't have to do that anymore, remember NDAA? If you're a terrorist, you get no trial, no jury, no rights.

There is a word for a citizen who switches sides and starts working for the enemy.

Traitor

But if you strip away the persons citizenship.

Then they can no longer be tried in court as a traitor.

This is going to turn into a huge cluster F%$K of epic proportions. :evil:

trial first, if found guilty, THEN strip.

simple

Forum List

Back