You Wanted Bipartisanship. Well Here It Is. So What's All The Complaining About?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
We're constantly told by the Media that the People want Bipartisanship. So what's all the hysterical complaining about? The President and the Republicans have reached a Bipartisan Deal on Tax Cuts and extending Unemployment Benefits. So why is there so much whining out there? I really am curious. I see no one on this Message Board cheerleading for this Bipartisan agreement. So do the People really want Bipartisanship or is that just Media B.S.? And are all people on Political Message Boards just aggressive Partisans,hence their displeasure with this agreement? Is a Political Message Board the proper gauge for how the American People feel about Bipartisanship? I really am interested in hearing what you all think about this. Thanks.

1. So do the People really want Bipartisanship or is that just Media B.S.?

2. And are all people on Political Message Boards just aggressive Partisans,hence their displeasure with this agreement?

3. Is a Political Message Board the proper gauge for how the American People feel about Bipartisanship?

1. It's another one of those things that, In Theory, should be FAB, so the LSM try to tell us that we want it and like it.

2. Each side must feel like they could have done WAY better, without the other side impeding them, and the agreement opens up the Blame-The-Other-Side-For-Any-Suspected-Failure can of worms.

3. It should be a great place, but as you stated, we're more aggressive with our avvy's and screen names to hide behind, so the results could well be skewed.

My thoughts: Since when is it a "good idea" to have your political leaders all pulling in different directions, and fighting amongst themselves over the rule of the citizenry???
If we were speaking of a group of folks that were known for their sensibilities, there might be a snowball's chance in hell of a Meeting Of The Minds,
but the way things stand, it will just mean more finger-pointing, grand-standing and ridiculous concessions.

That's my 2¢

I dont want bipartisanship. Bipartisanship is simply politicians from both parties coming together to screw the people.

Yea i'm pretty sure Political Message Boards aren't an accurate gauge of how most Americans feel about Bipartisanship. If you're here posting,you're likely an aggressive Partisan. I suspect most approve of this Bipartisan Tax Cut Deal. Just my take anyway.

We're constantly told by the Media that the People want Bipartisanship. So what's all the hysterical complaining about? The President and the Republicans have reached a Bipartisan Deal on Tax Cuts and extending Unemployment Benefits. So why is there so much whining out there? I really am curious. I see no one on this Message Board cheerleading for this Bipartisan agreement. So do the People really want Bipartisanship or is that just Media B.S.? And are all people on Political Message Boards just aggressive Partisans,hence their displeasure with this agreement? Is a Political Message Board the proper gauge for how the American People feel about Bipartisanship? I really am interested in hearing what you all think about this. Thanks.

Um, where are the majority of the complaining threads?

Yea i'm pretty sure Political Message Boards aren't an accurate gauge of how most Americans feel about Bipartisanship. If you're here posting,you're likely an aggressive Partisan. I suspect most approve of this Bipartisan Tax Cut Deal. Just my take anyway.

I'd suspect most don't know about this bipartisan tax cut deal. Among those who do, I'd suspect the sum of what they know about it is the parts that affect them right now.

Bipartisan? Seriously? When one political party is holding millions of Americans hostage to give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks they never asked for and many don't even want? Bipartisan?

Hilarious.

Bipartisanship got us:

The Bank Bailouts.
The Patriot Act.
Two long wars in one decade.

It just seems like both parties suck in a bipartisan way.

Bipartisanship got us:

The Bank Bailouts.
The Patriot Act.
Two long wars in one decade.

It just seems like both parties suck in a bipartisan way.

You forgot Campaign Finance Reform. AKA the Incumbancy protection and anti speech act.

Yea i've never been one to hop up on my horse preaching about Bipartisanship. I actually enjoy it when Politicians stand by their principles. Over the years i've developed the attitude that if they're agreeing on something,then you know you're being screwed. I don't know who all these Bipartisanship Cheerleaders are either. I haven't met any. So why does the Media keep telling us that most people want it? Certainly most on this particular Political Message Board don't want it. Something else to ponder i guess.

Bipartisan? Seriously? When one political party is holding millions of Americans hostage to give millionaires and billionaires tax breaks they never asked for and many don't even want? Bipartisan?

Hilarious.

And how many of the same politicians on both sides are millionaires themselves and are in cahoots with the same that you decry to stay in power?

Deany? You're a simp.

New Topics

Forum List

Back