You want them, come and get them!!!!

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
Some folks just aren't gonna be happy until the shooting starts.

Barbara Mobley, Democrap, chairwoman of Georgia's House Ethics Committee, is listed on a list of 287,000 people owing back taxes to the state. Yet, this woman has the gall to propose that sweeping new legislation be inacted that would require Georgia gun-owners to register their guns yearly and pay a yearly fee for said registration.

Naturally she is a black female democrap hoping to follow in the footsteps of one of our state's "EX"-representatives, whom the voters finally wised up to and voted out of office, the infamous Cynthia McKinney.

House Bill 1380
By: Representative Mobley of the 58th http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003_04/versions/hb1380_LC_9_1417_a_2.htm

The following section would make criminals of probably 95% of Georgia's gun-owners.

"2) No person shall possess or have under his or her control at one time both:
(A) A semiautomatic or pump-action rifle or semiautomatic pistol capable of accepting a detachable magazine; and
(B) A large-capacity detachable magazine capable of use with that firearm."

You can't have the gun and the magazine at the same time!!! That's pure bull-caca!!!

And, if that weren't enough, for the priviledge of partaking of the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment, she wants all guns registered yearly and an annual fee to be paid on same registration. Maybe she thinks the extra revenue will make up for the taxes she doesn't pay!!!!

H) The possession of an assault weapon that was legally possessed on July 1, 2004, only if the person legally possessing the assault weapon has complied with the requirements of paragraph (4) of this subsection.
(4) In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on July 1, 2004, the person possessing the assault weapon must:
(A) Within 90 days following July 1, 2004, submit to a background check identical to the background check conducted in connection with the purchase of a firearm from a licensed gun dealer.."

At any rate, gun registration is the first step leading to confiscation so Representative Mobley can kiss my lilly white a$$ if she thinks Georgia gun-owners will bow to such legislation.

Fortunately, it is still in committee and will, with any luck, die a peaceful death there. If it were to pass, I'd love for her to accompany the law-enforcement people they send to my place to confiscate my weapons and arrest me; it would be the photo opportunity of her life!!!!!
f25-n.jpg

that does sound like a load of crap! does she actually think that people will abide by this? i mean if i buy a firearm of some type from some other gun owner, does she think im going to register that? and what makes her think that i would actually register my guns anyway?

Aside from the paper work and fees which would accompany the purchase of multiple guns, I don't really see why people have such a problem registering one gun, if that's all they intend to own. If you are a collector, I can see the issue, but I'm not a gun fanatic, so I don't really care. I know my father was pissed about it up here with a capital P! but he bitches about anything he is forced to spend money on.

It is no ones business how many or what type of firearms I have...the Government is the LAST one I would want to know...just another attempt at control from those that fear guns...guns dont hurt people...people hurt people...

I tend to stay away from this arguement, since I don't own a gun, nor do I intend to. I can see the point behind registering several guns, that's expensive. If gun registry is something that is going to be enforced (and you are planning to abide by it of course), there should be considerations made for collectors, hunters, farmers ect. Either way, if someone wants to buy a gun, they can do it, so the debate is almost senseless.

just another way to tax us, the general public. the government is real good at calling a tax...fees....they must think we are stupid..

They can have my Guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers !!:mad:

Originally posted by Said1
Every year?? Did I miss something from the original post? I would never support that, gun owner or not. That's not fair.

Barbara Mobley, Democrap, chairwoman of Georgia's House Ethics Committee, is listed on a list of 287,000 people owing back taxes to the state. Yet, this woman has the gall to propose that sweeping new legislation be inacted that would require <B>Georgia gun-owners to register their guns yearly and pay a yearly fee for said registration.</B>

me thinks all the gun owners of georgia should make it a point to pay this lady a visit...all at once in her front yard...or better yet god forbid anyone gets hurt but be "helped" out of a bad situation by a friendly gun owner

Forum List

Back