You wanna pay 3% taxes?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
580690_523148011040402_477771823_n.jpg

How long are we gonna put up with being forced to pay their share?

Do you know how much money the churches give to charity . help the homeless, help women who come from an abusive relation. With NO help from the government with the exception of lower taxes. I bet if you tax them more they would not provide these services .

Luddite should look up 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization before he makes a complete fool of himself, again.

While I know some churches take in a lot of money, I also know some churches barely getting by and giving all they can to the community. Tax them and the won't be able to give as much to the community. You can say goodbye to free lunches, community suppers, our cities winter shelters for men and women, gas vouchers, bus passes, etc. etc. etc. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Of course, you could just tax all the churches and then pay the money to the ones that offer the help, but people have already decided that's against the law, mixing state and religion. Funny, I hand out lunches to the poor every Monday and the only prayer we've had is the one started by one of our customers, which we told him was inappropriate to ask other people to join him in, we however, offered to put his name in the prayer book where the whole church could pray for him on Sunday during church services.

Liberals? Fascists?

Where do people get these ideas?

Oh, right, from listening to Liberals talk

While I know some churches take in a lot of money, I also know some churches barely getting by and giving all they can to the community. Tax them and the won't be able to give as much to the community. You can say goodbye to free lunches, community suppers, our cities winter shelters for men and women, gas vouchers, bus passes, etc. etc. etc. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Of course, you could just tax all the churches and then pay the money to the ones that offer the help, but people have already decided that's against the law, mixing state and religion. Funny, I hand out lunches to the poor every Monday and the only prayer we've had is the one started by one of our customers, which we told him was inappropriate to ask other people to join him in, we however, offered to put his name in the prayer book where the whole church could pray for him on Sunday during church services.

Nope. Its not enough. Most churches do nothing but have their services, compare each other clothing, eat pancakes in the basement and then lock the doors. The churches sit empty all week when they could be utilized as shelter for the homeless.

OTOH, churches break the law when they preach politics. If they want to have a say in politics, they should pay taxes.

I hand out lunches to the poor every Monday ...

I ASSSume others pass out lunches on other days, as well as breakfast and lunch. Or, it is like the churches who feed the poor on Thanksgiving and xmas while letting them go hungry the rest of the year?

Frankly, I don't care if churches do anything at all. I DO care that they don't have to pay the same taxes as the rest of us even though they are often quite profitable.

Yeah, I know, some are not profitable but most are.

Churches are a racket, a very profitable racket.

Okay, I have to call you out on this one. Here is a link to someone who thinks churches should pay taxes. He claims the tax exemption that churches receive costs taxpayers $71 billion per year. Your hilarious claim is that by taxing churches, we would only have to pay 3% in taxes, therefore, churches would be covering 97% of all taxes or close to $3.5 trillion per year.

Do you see how this is hocus pocus? Please rethink this one.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...cost-of-religious-tax-exemptions-71000000000/

Nope. Its not enough. Most churches do nothing but have their services, compare each other clothing, eat pancakes in the basement and then lock the doors. The churches sit empty all week when they could be utilized as shelter for the homeless.

OTOH, churches break the law when they preach politics. If they want to have a say in politics, they should pay taxes.

I hand out lunches to the poor every Monday ...

I ASSSume others pass out lunches on other days, as well as breakfast and lunch. Or, it is like the churches who feed the poor on Thanksgiving and xmas while letting them go hungry the rest of the year?

Frankly, I don't care if churches do anything at all. I DO care that they don't have to pay the same taxes as the rest of us even though they are often quite profitable.

Yeah, I know, some are not profitable but most are.

Churches are a racket, a very profitable racket.

Lunches are given out at the Lutheran church Mon - Thurs. There is a community supper on Thursdays, this month and next month it's the men's shelter and provides dinners as well as a place to sleep every night plus breakfast and a sack lunch the next morning. The Presbyterian church was the shelter for Nov and Dec and does a community supper on Mondays. There are other churches in the area that do other things. Two churches not on the list helping people are the two richest churches in the area. Casey Treat's mega church and the local catholic church. How about you just tax them?

don't tax the legit churches. tax pat robertson's "church." tax any super church that also gets involved in politicking. you give up your tax-exempt status when you start using your pulpit for campaigning. let's keep our imaginary friends and our politicians separate. mkthxbye.

don't tax the legit churches. tax pat robertson's "church." tax any super church that also gets involved in politicking. you give up your tax-exempt status when you start using your pulpit for campaigning. let's keep our imaginary friends and our politicians separate. mkthxbye.

Uh oh,,, there goes obama's church..

Forum List

Back