“You wanna know what I do now?" "I sell guns.”

When you do decide to come back, I hope you have an explanation for places like Idaho and their super low gun violence rates. But, I won't hold my breath.
What does that have to do with your support of looser gun regulations at the expense of the lives of law enforcement?

"Looser gun regulations" compared to what? i do support most of the gun regulations we already have. My point is, there is much more to gun violence (to include law enforcement) than just gun laws. If squatters like you actually cared about victims of gun violence you would at least acknowledge that there are other factors.

You want a safe town
Safe?

Dante is a white guy who doesn't fear others or life as some white people do.

Or as others do.

I've lived in very tough and sketchy neighborhoods. And I mean the sketchy parts parts of places. I always dislike Progressives who would claim to live in Diverse cities/towns, who when asked WHERE in those cities and towns they lived would stumble or cluelessly mention mostly white SAFE neighborhoods.

"Looser gun regulations" compared to what? i do support most of the gun regulations we already have. My point is, there is much more to gun violence (to include law enforcement) than just gun laws. If squatters like you actually cared about victims of gun violence you would at least acknowledge that there are other factors.
Victims of gun violence? That is NOT a cause Dante has ever subscribed to. Ever!

You have a knee jerk reaction that shuts out the voices of others from the get go. You are the worst ally of responsible gun owners. You will Never win an argument by demeaning and viewing all people as stereotypes and caricatures

Is local control working?

Gun control doesn't work ANYWHERE it is enforced. You want a safe town? Go to one that allows concealed carry.
Gun control doesn't work in any nation where uniform laws do not exist and something like the Iron Pipeline thrives

Gun control doesn't work in those country's either. Anders Breivik murdered 77 people, mainly kids and teens in Norway where gun control is extraordinary. The largest single mass shooting in the worlds history was perpetrated in a ostensibly "gun free" country.

You want a safe town
Safe?

Dante is a white guy who doesn't fear others or life as some white people do.

Or as others do.

I've lived in very tough and sketchy neighborhoods. And I mean the sketchy parts parts of places. I always dislike Progressives who would claim to live in Diverse cities/towns, who when asked WHERE in those cities and towns they lived would stumble or cluelessly mention mostly white SAFE neighborhoods.

I grew up in Inglewood CA. I'll stack my shitty neighborhood up against yours any day of the week.

Is local control working?

Gun control doesn't work ANYWHERE it is enforced. You want a safe town? Go to one that allows concealed carry.
Gun control doesn't work in any nation where uniform laws do not exist and something like the Iron Pipeline thrives

Straw purchases are already illegal everywhere in the US, both from a federal and state standpoint.

But the NRA says that the answer is more guns. And if that doesn't work, sell more guns. And if that doesn't work, sell more guns.

The definition of insanity is what?
But the lefties say background checks and registration. How would that solve this problem?
It doesn't. Just like the hashtag commandos tweeted about those girls abducted and sold into slavery & marriage, for the left it's all about "feeling" like you did something & not actual results.

Feel good legislation is the worst

In the last 11 months, four New York City police officers have been killed on duty with guns that arrived via the Pipeline.

In December, a gunman used a weapon bought at a Georgia pawn shop to kill NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos. Five months later, a gun stolen from another Georgia pawn shop was used to kill Officer Brian Moore.

On Oct. 20, Officer Randolph Holder died after being shot in the head with a handgun that officials say originated in South Carolina.

The problem isn't guns it is the racist black Nazi BLM terrorist organization.

There's something like 2500 federal, state, and local firearm laws and ordinances. Murder is already illegal. So is selling guns without an FFL in some states. NY state enacted some of the toughest gun laws last year and it's already nigh on impossible to legally own handguns in NYC.

The market for illegal guns in already there among criminals. Making it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns doesn't make it harder for criminals to get illegal guns (see also: drugs). All it does is make it harder for the law abiding citizen.

Instead of further restricting the 100,000,000+ gun owners who won't commit a crime., how about we just make violent criminals stay in prison?
this isn't about making it harder for non criminals. people who buy guns legally and then later sell them illegally are not criminals at the time they purchase the guns

this isn't about crime in general. It's about the Iron Pipeline.

looser gun laws combined with no uniformity across states feeds the killing of law enforcement officers
I am not sure what the problem is; we have a Commerce Clause.

Fine let's have uniformity. You get all the background checks you want and we get Constitutional Carry in all 50 states and DC and the territories.
The Commerce Clause has been Used for worse; at least, with our Second Amendment, our federal Congress has the opportunity to clarify the unorganized militia and the organized militia, in a manner simple enough for gun lovers who have no clue and no Cause.

When in doubt, just shoehorn something into Commerce Clause. It isn't like that could go wrong.
Regulating Commerce is what Congress is supposed to be doing.

There's something like 2500 federal, state, and local firearm laws and ordinances. Murder is already illegal. So is selling guns without an FFL in some states. NY state enacted some of the toughest gun laws last year and it's already nigh on impossible to legally own handguns in NYC.

The market for illegal guns in already there among criminals. Making it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns doesn't make it harder for criminals to get illegal guns (see also: drugs). All it does is make it harder for the law abiding citizen.

Instead of further restricting the 100,000,000+ gun owners who won't commit a crime., how about we just make violent criminals stay in prison?
this isn't about making it harder for non criminals. people who buy guns legally and then later sell them illegally are not criminals at the time they purchase the guns

this isn't about crime in general. It's about the Iron Pipeline.

looser gun laws combined with no uniformity across states feeds the killing of law enforcement officers
I am not sure what the problem is; we have a Commerce Clause.

Fine let's have uniformity. You get all the background checks you want and we get Constitutional Carry in all 50 states and DC and the territories.
The Commerce Clause has been Used for worse; at least, with our Second Amendment, our federal Congress has the opportunity to clarify the unorganized militia and the organized militia, in a manner simple enough for gun lovers who have no clue and no Cause.

Care to use that same line of reasoning for other rights? We won't touch the First Amendment...but we can and should use the Commerce Clause to restrict sales of pen and paper. They're used in crimes for ransom notes and stock fraud and ID theft. We need to keep people from having the tools to commit those crimes as well.

It isn't like government can't abuse the Commerce Clause to shut down political speech or anything.
I am a federalist, Commerce is not Prohibition.

Forum List

Back