“You wanna know what I do now?" "I sell guns.”

Background checks are racist and islamaphobic anyway and should be stopped to prevent the police from violating the rights of minorities and muslims…..

There's something like 2500 federal, state, and local firearm laws and ordinances. Murder is already illegal. So is selling guns without an FFL in some states. NY state enacted some of the toughest gun laws last year and it's already nigh on impossible to legally own handguns in NYC.

The market for illegal guns in already there among criminals. Making it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns doesn't make it harder for criminals to get illegal guns (see also: drugs). All it does is make it harder for the law abiding citizen.

Instead of further restricting the 100,000,000+ gun owners who won't commit a crime., how about we just make violent criminals stay in prison?
this isn't about making it harder for non criminals. people who buy guns legally and then later sell them illegally are not criminals at the time they purchase the guns

this isn't about crime in general. It's about the Iron Pipeline.

looser gun laws combined with no uniformity across states feeds the killing of law enforcement officers
I am not sure what the problem is; we have a Commerce Clause.

But the NRA says that the answer is more guns. And if that doesn't work, sell more guns. And if that doesn't work, sell more guns.

The definition of insanity is what?
But the lefties say background checks and registration. How would that solve this problem?
How would the background checks and registration harm you personally?
I own guns so...
Besides, what does it matter?
If Congress made it law to kill all the Asians it wouldn't harm me either..

There's something like 2500 federal, state, and local firearm laws and ordinances. Murder is already illegal. So is selling guns without an FFL in some states. NY state enacted some of the toughest gun laws last year and it's already nigh on impossible to legally own handguns in NYC.

The market for illegal guns in already there among criminals. Making it harder for law abiding citizens to get guns doesn't make it harder for criminals to get illegal guns (see also: drugs). All it does is make it harder for the law abiding citizen.

Instead of further restricting the 100,000,000+ gun owners who won't commit a crime., how about we just make violent criminals stay in prison?
this isn't about making it harder for non criminals. people who buy guns legally and then later sell them illegally are not criminals at the time they purchase the guns

looser gun laws combined with no uniformity across states feeds the killing of law enforcement officers

Fine let's have uniformity. You get all the background checks you want and we get Constitutional Carry in all 50 states and DC and the territories.

Fine let's have uniformity. You get all the background checks you want and we get Constitutional Carry in all 50 states and DC and the territories.
The Commerce Clause has been Used for worse; at least, with our Second Amendment, our federal Congress has the opportunity to clarify the unorganized militia and the organized militia, in a manner simple enough for gun lovers who have no clue and no Cause.

In the last 11 months, four New York City police officers have been killed on duty with guns that arrived via the Pipeline.

In December, a gunman used a weapon bought at a Georgia pawn shop to kill NYPD Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos. Five months later, a gun stolen from another Georgia pawn shop was used to kill Officer Brian Moore.

On Oct. 20, Officer Randolph Holder died after being shot in the head with a handgun that officials say originated in South Carolina.

That's what an open borders policy gets ya. Maybe your liberal states should do border checks on everyone passing through. I'm sure that will be popular.

fact

The Iron Pipe line buyer is an honest purchaser at the time of purchase of a gun. They are NOT buying for somebody else. They are LEGALLY purchasing a gun in a state with loose gun laws.

some people would rather have looser gun laws than save the lives of law enforcement

Gun laws have nothing to do with homicide rates. Why do you think states like Idaho have really low homicide rates when they have one of the highest gun ownership rates?

The only thing that has a consistent correlation with high rates of gun violence is demographics. High populations of blacks and Latinos always equals more gun violence, regardless of gun laws.

As long as idiot leftists refuse to acknowledge this simple statistical fact, they will never be able to solve the problem of gun violence in the US. Then again, progressives really don't care about preventing deaths, all they care about is the Agenda.

The Commerce Clause has been Used for worse; at least, with our Second Amendment, our federal Congress has the opportunity to clarify the unorganized militia and the organized militia, in a manner simple enough for gun lovers who have no clue and no Cause.

When in doubt, just shoehorn something into Commerce Clause. It isn't like that could go wrong.

Gun laws have nothing to do with homicide rates.
thank you for deflecting from your support of weaker guns laws at the expense of the lives of law enforcement

theHawk

More cops die from vehicle related accidents (auto crashes, bike accidents, hit by car) than die from guns. We should really restrict auto sales. Not just usage, but sales of cars.

You don't support weaker auto ownership laws at the expense of police lives do you?

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Causes of Law Enforcement Deaths

Care to use that same line of reasoning for other rights? We won't touch the First Amendment...but we can and should use the Commerce Clause to restrict sales of pen and paper. They're used in crimes for ransom notes and stock fraud and ID theft. We need to keep people from having the tools to commit those crimes as well.

It isn't like government can't abuse the Commerce Clause to shut down political speech or anything.

When in doubt, just shoehorn something into Commerce Clause. It isn't like that could go wrong.
No one is declaiming Arms as a class of private property.

Gun laws have nothing to do with homicide rates.
thank you for deflecting from your support of weaker guns laws at the expense of the lives of law enforcement

theHawk

Gun laws, weak or strict, have no bearing on gun violence.
go away.

I've condescended to my troll quota already this week

see me on tuesday, and I will gladly spank you on wednesday

When you do decide to come back, I hope you have an explanation for places like Idaho and their super low gun violence rates. But, I won't hold my breath.

Forum List

Back