You Too Could Be A Refugee!

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
The UN Relief & Works Agency for Palestine Refugees had a vested interest in signing up as many "refugees" as they could. Like any organization, its budget and staffing - money from the international community - is based on how many people it "helps." As such it used a very liberal standard to determine who was a "Palestinian" refugee:

"Under UNRWA's operational definition, Palestine refugees are people whose normal place of residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948, who lost both their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict."

Given their mandate to "sign 'em up" it is reasonable to believe even that liberal standard was not rigorously enforced.
64 years later that "temporary agency" is no longer considered temporary.

Palestine refugees-UNRWA

The UN Relief & Works Agency for Palestine Refugees had a vested interest in signing up as many "refugees" as they could. Like any organization, its budget and staffing - money from the international community - is based on how many people it "helps." As such it used a very liberal standard to determine who was a "Palestinian" refugee:

"Under UNRWA's operational definition, Palestine refugees are people whose normal place of residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948, who lost both their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict."

Given their mandate to "sign 'em up" it is reasonable to believe even that liberal standard was not rigorously enforced.
64 years later that "temporary agency" is no longer considered temporary.

Palestine refugees-UNRWA
World's biggest welfare agency. Can we displaced refugees from Appalachia get any assistance from UNRWA? The payment on my Cadillac is coming due.

I am a refugee My grandparents fled oppression and my husband's parents fled oppression----in fact even my husband fled oppression as an infant------he does not remember because he was only about one year old -----but his entire community was oppressed under the stink and filth of islamic law

Forum List

Back