You Tone It Down Mr. President

Think he'll listen to me?

hope not...the day he starts listening to partisan hacks, whiners and whingers is the day that everybody loses..

Why would he listen to you? You are not his constituency... He could cure cancer, bring world peace and be the second coming and you'd still hate him...
The above is a fundemental misunderstanding of the role of the president of the United States.

His 'constituency' is EVERY AMERICAN from the day he takes the oath untill the day he leaves office.

Its understandable you do not realize this, but for a sitting POTUS not to get it is scandalous.

He is not president of the democrats or of people who voted for him, but ALL americans.

He doesn't grasp this, which is why opposition to him grows.

As was said he is a chicago thug just multiply is by a thousand.

Only in your warped mind.

These are the words that point it out clearly in the Declaration Of Independence.

With respect to abuse of power by government:

Where in either the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution does it reference Jesus? A "Christian Nation" would be based on Jesus wouldn't it?

The founding fathers specifically avoided specifying any religion or favor any faith.

The word Christian isn't used....but belief in God is.

Since most of America is Christian this is a given. However Obama wants to buck this trend and say that we Christians don't matter anymore. That is what he's saying after all when he says this is not a Christian nation. It's not a Jewish nation...that is Israel. It is not a Muslim nation...but I'm sure he wishes it was. It is not a Buddhist nation, nor a Hindu nation.

What folks like you want to do is not only change the accepted norms but single out Christianity for exclusion which is prohibited. You see if you get an inch you'll end up taking a mile. You won't stop till Christian beliefs and customs are completely erased from this country. So my point is YOU will go too far if you get a toe-hold. Our job is to stop you and people who think like you from ever being in control of this country because you just can't help yourselves. As it is folks who think like me aren't going to try to convert you like Muslims will...."Convert or die". Consider yourself lucky you don't live in an Islamic state.

Jews believe in God, Muslims believe in God

It does not make them Christian. If it were a Christian Nation, our documents would refer specifically to Jesus.

That is what he's saying after all when he says this is not a Christian nation. It's not a Jewish nation...that is Israel. It is not a Muslim nation...but I'm sure he wishes it was. It is not a Buddhist nation, nor a Hindu nation.

That was the intent of our founding fathers and the intent of President Obama

What folks like you want to do is not only change the accepted norms but single out Christianity for exclusion which is prohibited. You see if you get an inch you'll end up taking a mile. You won't stop till Christian beliefs and customs are completely erased from this country. So my point is YOU will go too far if you get a toe-hold. Our job is to stop you and people who think like you from ever being in control of this country because you just can't help yourselves. As it is folks who think like me aren't going to try to convert you like Muslims will...."Convert or die". Consider yourself lucky you don't live in an Islamic state.

Nobody is "excluding" Christians. They are just not used to not getting their way. Much the way when the Courts said you could not have group prayer in school. It did not exclude Christians...it just acknowledged those of different faiths...or no faith at all

Think he'll listen to me?

hope not...the day he starts listening to partisan hacks, whiners and whingers is the day that everybody loses..

Why would he listen to you? You are not his constituency... He could cure cancer, bring world peace and be the second coming and you'd still hate him...

Very true...they are definitely a bunch of cry babies.

If you don't like cry-babies then you must not like Obama because that's all he does is cry about his critics.

There are no founding documents that acknowledge Jesus

Lost the first argument, so you decided to switch the subject one you could win. Debate doesn't work that way. BTW, I think I might have you on the second subject too.

Self declared victories are the koolaid of those unsure of their position

Try dealing in facts please

Which pretty much explains why Obama has been declaring victory the last week or so.

How could you not understand the truth of that sentence so much.

Where in either the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution does it reference Jesus? A "Christian Nation" would be based on Jesus wouldn't it?

The founding fathers specifically avoided specifying any religion or favor any faith.

Since most of America is Christian this is a given. However Obama wants to buck this trend and say that we Christians don't matter anymore. That is what he's saying after all when he says this is not a Christian nation. It's not a Jewish nation...that is Israel. It is not a Muslim nation...but I'm sure he wishes it was. It is not a Buddhist nation, nor a Hindu nation.

It does not make them Christian. If it were a Christian Nation, our documents would refer specifically to Jesus.

That is what he's saying after all when he says this is not a Christian nation. It's not a Jewish nation...that is Israel. It is not a Muslim nation...but I'm sure he wishes it was. It is not a Buddhist nation, nor a Hindu nation.

Jews and Christians believe in the same God. I'm not sure if Muslims do...they claim they do...but their idea of God is a polar opposite of ours.

The reason this is a Christian nation is because most of us are Christian believe it or not. Until that changes I don't give a darned what that skinny MF says.

There are no founding documents that acknowledge Jesus

Lost the first argument, so you decided to switch the subject one you could win. Debate doesn't work that way. BTW, I think I might have you on the second subject too.

Inalienable rights is often a spot many will start. I've heard most of the lame spin on that already.

Clearly the Founders were thinking of the Judeo-Christian religions when they declared religion to be a protected right.

Many of our patriotic songs are based in hymns.

I trult do not expect a nonbeliever to accept any of this, but that doesn't make it untruthful or any less a fact.

Jews and Christians believe in the same God. I'm not sure if Muslims do...they claim they do...but their idea of God is a polar opposite of ours.

The reason this is a Christian nation is because most of us are Christian believe it or not. Until that changes I don't give a darned what that skinny MF says.

There is a big difference between a Christian Nation and a nation comprised primarilly of Christians

Maybe you need to check out Saudi Arabia

Inalienable rights is often a spot many will start. I've heard most of the lame spin on that already.

Clearly the Founders were thinking of the Judeo-Christian religions when they declared religion to be a protected right.

I trult do not expect a nonbeliever to accept any of this, but that doesn't make it untruthful or any less a fact.

What is "Christian" about that? Do they refer to Jesus? No they refer to a vague creator

Clearly they were not. They saw the damage that can be done when one religion is enforced on the masses. They also were protecting freedom FROM religion being forced on you

Many were based on drinking songs

What is "Christian" about that? Do they refer to Jesus? No they refer to a vague creator

Clearly they were not. They saw the damage that can be done when one religion is enforced on the masses. They also were protecting freedom FROM religion being forced on you

"They saw the damage that can be done when one religion is enforced on the masses."

Is this the part where I embarass you and point out Christians are not a single religion? Why yes, yes it is. Your lack of depth in the subject is glaringly obvious. Go back and tap into your talking points website.

The reason liberals/progressives win is because they are unethical and immoral

1) If there is any dissent to their opinions than the dissenters are inviting violence or are being divisive. However, they use the most, vicious tactis out there to go after their opponents, such as attacking their children, hacking their accounts, calling them *****, and such.

In fact, Obama basically dared repubilcans to dissent from his Obama care. How is that not inciting violence based on their rules.

2) No matter how strong the evidence the liberals will claim the other side lied. The only thing they will use facts is what their left wing leaders say. They will never challenge anything. They are mindless zoombies.

3) In a rally of 8,000, the libs will focus on the one nut case, rather than the other 7,999, and claim that this one person represents the whole group. However, they will not at all mention the violence perpetuated by their own rallies, such as someone cutting off a finger.

The liberals are complete hypocrites. Since the libs make up the majority of the mainstream media, they will never be called on it, other than by Fox News. Of course, then Obama, the goon, tries to take out Fox, by keeping them out of the White House press conferences. They try to squash dissent.

Basically, libs win because they lack any ethics will do anything to win no matter how dastardly.

"They saw the damage that can be done when one religion is enforced on the masses."

Is this the part where I embarass you and point out Christians are not a single religion? Why yes, yes it is. Your lack of depth in the subject is glaringly obvious. Go back and tap into your talking points website.

Christianity is centered around Jesus. At no point do the founding fathers reference Jesus. They intentionally used words like "endowed by our creator" to avoid referencing one faith. If they were a "Christian Nation" wouldn't they have quoted Jesus in the Declaration of Independence?

I recall Bush being a real arrogant son of a bitch many times he spoke.

Remember the ANGRY "I'm the Desider" crap?

They thought it was cute when Bush talked tuff but now they dont think its so cute when the President talks tuff.

waaaawaaaaaweaaaaaa.
Bush's comment was directed at what amounted to a hectoring press. Obama is hectoring the American people, or at least sections of the American people he sees as opponents and it's unbecoming.

Love how the conservatives thrive on the nonstop attacks on the president by the likes of Limbaugh and Beck.

However, once the President responds to the attacks, they cry....

Thats not FAIR

I'm not sure which is worse - Obama's insults, or long winded boring answers. I'm betting that the people near the front were quite envious of those in the back who could escape without much detection.

Even by President Obama's loquacious standards, an answer he gave here on health care Friday was a doozy.

Toward the end of a question-and-answer session with workers at an advanced battery technology manufacturer, a woman named Doris stood to ask the president whether it was a "wise decision to add more taxes to us with the health care" package.

"We are over-taxed as it is," Doris said bluntly.

Obama started out feisty. "Well, let's talk about that, because this is an area where there's been just a whole lot of misinformation, and I'm going to have to work hard over the next several months to clean up a lot of the misapprehensions that people have," the president said.

He then spent the next 17 minutes and 12 seconds lulling the crowd into a daze. His discursive answer - more than 2,500 words long -- wandered from topic to topic, including commentary on the deficit, pay-as-you-go rules passed by Congress, Congressional Budget Office reports on Medicare waste, COBRA coverage, the Recovery Act and Federal Medical Assistance Percentages (he referred to this last item by its inside-the-Beltway name, "F-Map"). He talked about the notion of eliminating foreign aid (not worth it, he said). He invoked Warren Buffett, earmarks and the payroll tax that funds Medicare (referring to it, in fluent Washington lingo, as "FICA").

Always fond of lists, Obama ticked off his approach to health care -- twice. "Number one is that we are the only -- we have been, up until last week, the only advanced country that allows 50 million of its citizens to not have any health insurance," he said.

A few minutes later he got to the next point, which seemed awfully similar to the first. "Number two, you don't know who might end up being in that situation," he said, then carried on explaining further still.

"Point number three is that the way insurance companies have been operating, even if you've got health insurance you don't always know what you got, because what has been increasingly the practice is that if you're not lucky enough to work for a big company that is a big pool, that essentially is almost a self-insurer, then what's happening is, is you're going out on the marketplace, you may be buying insurance, you think you're covered, but then when you get sick they decide to drop the insurance right when you need it," Obama continued, winding on with the answer.

Halfway through, an audience member on the riser yawned.

But Obama wasn't finished. He had a "final point," before starting again with another list -- of three points.

"What we said is, number one, we'll have the basic principle that everybody gets coverage," he said, before launching into the next two points, for a grand total of seven.

His wandering approach might not matter if Obama weren't being billed as the chief salesman of the health-care overhaul. Public opinion on the bill remains divided, and Democratic officials are planning to send Obama into the country to persuade wary citizens that it will work for them in the long run.

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off. ...

44 - Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'

Then I also remeber the FEAR in Bush's eyes when he had to stand in front of the country and tell them we HAD to bail out the banks.

He looked like a teen who had to tell Dad he crashed the car.

I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder. What I saw, was not fear, but disquietude, and it was called for. Ya know what, I suspect that is what 90% of the American people joined him in feeling; not FEAR at all.

Last edited:
Love how the conservatives thrive on the nonstop attacks on the president by the likes of Limbaugh and Beck.

However, once the President responds to the attacks, they cry....

Thats not FAIR

Are you aware that they are talk show hosts, and Barak Hussein is supposed to president of the United States?

<SNIP>
His wandering approach might not matter if Obama weren't being billed as the chief salesman of the health-care overhaul. Public opinion on the bill remains divided, and Democratic officials are planning to send Obama into the country to persuade wary citizens that it will work for them in the long run.

It was not evident that he changed any minds at Friday's event. The audience sat politely, but people in the back of the room began to wander off. ...[/i]

44 - Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'

Obama proselytizes; he is used to being looked up to by true believers, and when he's not he has the vague feeling that he has not quite sufficiently made his point, so he pontificates. He is his own worse enemy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back