You Think You Have Privacy In Your Own Home?

It is not that I think I have privacy, but that I'm Constitutionally protected with privacy rights.

If you're on the internet, or have a cellphone you as much as signed your privacy rights away a long time ago. Quit whining about it.

TIVO too come to think of it. Everything you watch is recorded and consultable. Probably regular cable too, at least with on-demand selections.

If you're on the internet, or have a cellphone you as much as signed your privacy rights away a long time ago. Quit whining about it.
The Constitution prevents gov from unreasonable search and seizure. You might read the 4th amendment.

The Constitution prevents gov from unreasonable search and seizure. You might read the 4th amendment.

You confuse the difference between spying, and prosecuting. Government can DO whatever it can get away with. All spying is by definition illegal. But what you can get prosecuted for is restricted by the Bill of Rights. ...In theory at least.

You confuse the difference between spying, and prosecuting. Government can DO whatever it can get away with. All spying is by definition illegal. But what you can get prosecuted for is restricted by the Bill of Rights. ...In theory at least.
Our government is suppose to abide by the Constitution and not try to get away with whatever it can.

Unfortunately, our government does get away with whatever it can, with little opposition.

Our government is suppose to abide by the Constitution and not try to get away with whatever it can.

Unfortunately, our government does get away with whatever it can, with little opposition.

Probably isn't possible for any government to abide by its' own laws. Would have no spying for one thing.

I like that the government does whatever it hopes to get away with. It's what enables us to live the ways we live. Without it being that way we'd be a 3rd world sorta nation like Mexico (no offense guys just being honest.) :)

Fact is that to have some semblance of security we have to break our own laws. It's why we write in exemptions when CIA does its' things abroad but outlaw them doing it domestically. Unfortunately, in the course of the world being the real world, often times people CIA might take notice of are right here so they have to break our own laws to do its job. Instead of ignorantly denouncing them for it we should leave it to congressional oversight meetings behind clsoed doors and quit offering mislead and ignorant condemnations of things we know nothing about. And believe me, we're happier for it. The last thing anyone wants to know is what's going on on any given average day in intelligence circles. Think President's Obama's hair went gray due to age? Nope. Went gray knowing what's going on.

I like that the government does whatever it hopes to get away with. It's what enables us to live the ways we live. Without it being that way we'd be a 3rd world sorta nation like Mexico (no offense guys just being honest.) :)

Fact is that to have some semblance of security we have to break our own laws. It's why we write in exemptions when CIA does its' things abroad but outlaw them doing it domestically. Unfortunately, in the course of the world being the real world, often times people CIA might take notice of are right here so they have to break our own laws to do its job. Instead of ignorantly denouncing them for it we should leave it to congressional oversight meetings behind clsoed doors and quit offering mislead and ignorant condemnations of things we know nothing about. And believe me, we're happier for it. The last thing anyone wants to know is what's going on on any given average day in intelligence circles. Think President's Obama's hair went gray due to age? Nope. Went gray knowing what's going on.

It's a tragic mistake to shrug away our constitutional rights so quickly in the name of our government "protecting" us.

I still believe America can be an exceptionally great nation and still respect the people's right to privacy.
Just takes some effort and some respect for the Constitution.

It's a tragic mistake to shrug away our constitutional rights so quickly in the name of our government "protecting" us.

I still believe America can be an exceptionally great nation and still respect the people's right to privacy.

Our Constitution, legal rights, etc. haven't kept us safe so far. So claiming infringement on such rights poses a threat to us, when absolute adherence hasn't worked any better isn't very sensible.

Our Constitution, legal rights, etc. haven't kept us safe so far. So claiming infringement on such rights poses a threat to us, when absolute adherence hasn't worked any better isn't very sensible.

Our Founding Fathers did not write the Constitution to keep us safe, they wrote it to keep us free.

Our Founding Fathers did not write the Constitution to keep us safe, they wrote it to keep us free.
Very true, but we relinquished our freedoms long ago...and the march into serfdom is moving along nicely.

Very true, but we relinquished our freedoms long ago...and the march into serfdom is moving along nicely.

I agree we have been relinquishing our freedoms for some time.

You are wrong. The United Statse would not at all be a third world country without our economic imperialism around the world. The middle class and poor people don't make a single cent off of the enslavement of Guatemalan children, or the slave labor in south east asia (unless you are such a sick bastard that you need name brand chocolate to be happy... the price isnt even reduced).

Forum List

Back