You think you got it bad?

I am not a person without compassion but there does come a time when animals should be put to sleep. I think this is one of those times. While it is somewhat inspirational to see this dog moving about, it is inhumane to allow this dog to go through life like this just so it's owner can be amused.

Looks like the dog doesn't have a problem with it....

We had a vicious German Shepherd once who got loose and went on a rampage. She killed all of our chickens, then grabbed one of our goats before we could stop her. The goat's neck was hurt.

For weeks, the goat hung its head and could only walk backwards. I had a cow...I told mom we needed to kill her, and she (a really fine nurse) said, "You know, animals are different...the goat is still eating, it seems okay, and nerve damage takes a long time to heal. Give it some time."

Sure enough, the goat healed in time for us to butcher it! Joy!

Anyway, owners usually know when their animals have had enough...and animals aren't human. I don't think dogs and cats care that they look funny because looking is just a tiny part of their world.

I am not a person without compassion but there does come a time when animals should be put to sleep. I think this is one of those times. While it is somewhat inspirational to see this dog moving about, it is inhumane to allow this dog to go through life like this just so it's owner can be amused.

All they need to do is build a cart to support his chest. He is smiling from ear to ear. Tail is a wagging.

You'd have to tie it on...somehow....I had a whole scenario going on...I really need to find my glasses.

Forum List

Back