You Think Gas Prices are High Now???? Wait !!!!!

I'm still unconvinced about global warming one way or the other.

But of one thing I'm certain, democrats in general and the public at large have learned absolutely nothing about oil and natural gas in those 40 years.

If you are "still unconvenced about global warming" you are dumber than the "public at large" who have learned to live with democrat energy policies that keep them colld in the winter and poor all year around.

Global Warming or air pollution, either way fossil fuels have contributed negatively to nature.
Despite the fact that Americans have drastically reduced their habit of smoking tobacco, respiratory diseases and respiratory disease related deaths just keep on climbing, mostly due to air pollution.

Doesn't change the fact that gas price is up 600% in 12 years. Must all be taxes. :clap2:

Only a halfwit (or parrot) confuses nominal price increase with real ones. Go back to the drawing board Jiggsy, find a 3rd grader to explain the difference to you.

Doesn't change the fact that gas price is up 600% in 12 years. Must all be taxes. :clap2:

Only a halfwit (or parrot) confuses nominal price increase with real ones. Go back to the drawing board Jiggsy, find a 3rd grader to explain the difference to you.

LOL... so Saudi Aramco employs "halfwits?" Because they allude to the same long-term trend. Nominal or real, the price is WAY up, long term.

Gas prices are up for a number of reasons, but the root cause is because demand for global energy has outstripped supply, and surplus capacity is razor thin. You've gotten your ass kicked so badly on this topic, you're now reduced to two-sentence japes and an escape hatch.

You're completely irrelevant. Go back to your Stephen Gorelick bible and conjure up some new spin.

Last edited:

LOL... so Saudi Aramco employs "halfwits?"

Of course not. Saudi Armaco employs people I helped train while they were in college. So I know they aren't halfwits. Unlike parrots who don't know the differences between reserves or resources or any of the other topics so wrapped up in oily discussions.

JiggsCasey said:
Because they allude to the same long-term trend. Nominal or real, the price is WAY up, long term.

Idiot. Real crude prices now are lower than they were during the late 70's. And during the American Civil War as well. So the long term real price trend is that prices have been at these levels before your grandmother parrot was born, before you were born, perhaps while you were alive, and are still there now.

Perhaps you need that 2nd grader to educate you on the differences between real and nominal, it not being a common topic in parroting cut and paste classes?

JiggsCasey said:
Gas prices are up for a number of reasons, but the root cause is because demand for global energy has outstripped supply, and surplus capacity is razor thin.

Again, only an idiot confuses GAS prices with ENERGY demand. Learn the difference or go back to parrot school. Go find your superior, say a 2nd grader, and get them to explain it to you.

JiggsCasey said:
You're completely irrelevant. Go back to your Stephen Gorelick bible and conjure up some new spin.

You would prefer Scott Montgomery? Duncan Clarke? Dare I say...Yergin? You don't even understand PEAKER references, I don't think you even know what pearls are, being a more ignorant than average swine.

Really, really humorous. All this talk of drilling and refineries. Folks, we are exporting gasoline and diesel by the tanker load. There is no shortage of gasoline in the US. It is just that the very people that you are working so hard to maintain their tax cuts, and get even more for them, are playing you for suckers. And when the price of gas hits $5, you will still be puckering up and kissing their asses.

Really, really humorous. All this talk of drilling and refineries. Folks, we are exporting gasoline and diesel by the tanker load. There is no shortage of gasoline in the US. It is just that the very people that you are working so hard to maintain their tax cuts, and get even more for them, are playing you for suckers. And when the price of gas hits $5, you will still be puckering up and kissing their asses.

Who are "they"?
Who are "the very people"?

Are oil and gasoline our only expenditures in life?

You need a hobby. Quit fixating on petrophobic mania already.

Gasoline and diesel exports should be the least of your concerns.

LOL... so Saudi Aramco employs "halfwits?"

Of course not. Saudi Armaco employs people I helped train while they were in college. So I know they aren't halfwits. Unlike parrots who don't know the differences between reserves or resources or any of the other topics so wrapped up in oily discussions.

Idiot. Real crude prices now are lower than they were during the late 70's. And during the American Civil War as well. So the long term real price trend is that prices have been at these levels before your grandmother parrot was born, before you were born, perhaps while you were alive, and are still there now.

Perhaps you need that 2nd grader to educate you on the differences between real and nominal, it not being a common topic in parroting cut and paste classes?

JiggsCasey said:
Gas prices are up for a number of reasons, but the root cause is because demand for global energy has outstripped supply, and surplus capacity is razor thin.

Again, only an idiot confuses GAS prices with ENERGY demand. Learn the difference or go back to parrot school. Go find your superior, say a 2nd grader, and get them to explain it to you.

JiggsCasey said:

You would prefer Scott Montgomery? Duncan Clarke? Dare I say...Yergin? You don't even understand PEAKER references, I don't think you even know what pearls are, being a more ignorant than average swine.

You are purposefully misleading.
Yes it is about equal to the price during the late 70s, when it was the worst in US history. That is the new norm.
Forbes says your a liar too.
Crude Oil Prices 1861 - 2009 - Forbes.com
This graph is in 2009 dollars, which is a little lower then todays dollars but not a great difference. Go ahead and extrapolate the graph. I guess we are really only seeing about a 400% increase in the price.

You are purposefully misleading.

By stating facts? That doesn't strike me as a reasonable statement at all. While the peak oil religion might be entitled to its own hysterical conclusions, they don't get to make up their own facts.

Middleoftheroad said:
Yes it is about equal to the price during the late 70s, when it was the worst in US history. That is the new norm.

Again, no, the late 70's weren't the worst. Give or take, they are about only 1 of 3 bad periods of high prices. Check out the Forbes reference you used. Check out the American Civil War periods. So no, it isn't just the 70's we are talking about, but soon after oil came into the modern age it was nearly as expensive, and during the 70's, and now. Peakers of course are very unhappy with anyone old enough to have been around back then, because they can talk about shortages and rationing, windfall profits, and a global peak oil that was actually a peak, instead to the gyrations they are now going through trying to explain how a peak oil can be a plateau oil.

As far as the "new norm", that was claimed by peak oilers during the run up in 2008 as well. QUickly to be followed by the next new norm of $35/bbl, and <$2.00 gasoline in the States. Like I said, you don't get to make up your own facts any more than the crackpot religion peakers do

Middleoftheroad said:
Go ahead and extrapolate the graph. I guess we are really only seeing about a 400% increase in the price.

And I see quite a few decreases of nearly as much over the span of the commodity in question (including within the past 4 years). While cherry picking timeframes is a time honored tradition of those trying to make a point, it has nothing to do with the overall picture.

The Energy Department isn&#8217;t working to lower gasoline prices directly, Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday after a Republican lawmaker scolded him for his now-infamous 2008 comment that gas prices in the U.S. should be as high as in Europe.

Instead, DOE is working to promote alternatives such as biofuels and electric vehicles, Chu told House appropriators during a hearing on DOE&#8217;s budget.

Continue Reading Text Size
-+reset Listen Latest on POLITICO
Dreier departure to trigger leadership scramble
Issa: Obama being fueled by Bush
Wall Street profits down by half
Priebus: 'I feel good about this'
Obama T-shirt cop demoted
Poll: Christie little aid to Mitt in N.J.
But Americans need relief now, Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) said &#8212; not high gasoline prices that could eventually push them to alternatives.

&#8220;I can&#8217;t look at motivations. I have to look at results. And under this administration the price of gasoline has doubled,&#8221; Nunnelee told Chu.

&#8220;The people of north Mississippi can&#8217;t be here, so I have to be here and be their voice for them,&#8221; Nunnelee added. &#8220;I have to tell you that $8 a gallon gasoline makes them afraid. It&#8217;s a cruel tax on the people of north Mississippi as they try to go back and forth to work. It&#8217;s a cloud hanging over economic development and job creation.&#8221;

Chu expressed sympathy but said his department is working to lower energy prices in the long term.

&#8220;We agree there is great suffering when the price of gasoline increases in the United States, and so we are very concerned about this,&#8221; said Chu, speaking to the House Appropriations energy and water subcommittee. &#8220;As I have repeatedly said, in the Department of Energy, what we&#8217;re trying to do is diversify our energy supply for transportation so that we have cost-effective means.&#8221;

Chu specifically cited a reported breakthrough announced Monday by Envia Systems, which received funding from DOE&#8217;s ARPA-E, that could help slash the price of electric vehicle batteries.

He also touted natural gas as &#8220;great&#8221; and said DOE is researching how to reduce the cost of compressed natural gas tanks for vehicles.

High gasoline prices will make research into such alternatives more urgent, Chu said.

&#8220;But is the overall goal to get our price&#8221; of gasoline down, asked Nunnelee.

&#8220;No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy,&#8221; Chu replied. &#8220;We think that if you consider all these energy policies, including energy efficiency, we think that we can go a long way to becoming less dependent on oil and [diversifying] our supply and we&#8217;ll help the American economy and the American consumers.&#8221;

We have enough natural gas to last us for about 100 years. Big Oil is into the recovery of Natural Gas. It burns cleaner than any fossil fuel. It can run the turbines at electric power plants and run all our cars.
It is less expensive than the gasoline used today.
However our president can not accept tis fact. We are seeing that green energy is failing just as it did in Spain.

Forum List

Back