You Think Gas Prices are High Now???? Wait !!!!!

itt, some people have no concept of the difference between short- and long-term price trends...

short term: speculators
long term: geology

it's still up 500-600% in 12 years... why do you think that is? some conspiracy?

Last edited:
itt, some people have no concept of the difference between short- and long-term price trends...

And parrots can't think for themselves and don't know the difference between either.

And parrots can't think for themselves and don't know the difference between either.

The forum sees the irony of a poster repeating the word "parrot" over and over.

Don't bring your butthurt here to another thread just because you're getting your "nothing to see here" argument obliterated elsewhere.

The forum sees the irony of a poster repeating the word "parrot" over and over.

Hey, think for yourself just once and I'll stop noticing the obvious.

Yea, we think we're gettin' gas cheap at $3.07/gal.
:cuckoo:
Strong Dollar Slices Into Oil Prices
12/12/11 -- Oil prices finished sharply lower Monday as investor confidence in Europe's debt-crisis plan waned, driving up the U.S. dollar.
West Texas Intermediate (WTI) light sweet crude oil for January delivery fell $1.64 to $97.77 a barrel and the February Brent crude contract retracted by $1.39 to $107.08 a barrel. The dollar took off against a basket of major currencies, with the dollar index surging 1.3%. Oil, priced in dollars, typically has an inverse relationship with the currency. "The EU debt uncertainty continues to have a ripple effect on the U.S. dollar -- making it stronger, which consequently is pushing crude oil lower," said Brian Habacivch, a senior vice president at energy management company Fellon-McCord.

Fitch painted an unflattering picture of the eurozone after the summit of its leaders Thursday and Friday. The rating agency warned that the continent's debt crisis could extend beyond next year and said a lack of a comprehensive solution to the crisis could increase short-term pressure on euro zone's sovereign ratings. Meanwhile, Moody's said the summit failed to deliver "decisive policy measures," adding that it will complete its EU sovereign debt review in the first quarter of 2012. Standard & Poor's last week put the eurozone's sovereign debt on negative credit watch, saying it will conclude its review sometime after the EU summit. "Traders are disappointed in the lack of a strong solution to the euro zone debt problem," said Tradition Energy's senior market director Addison Armstrong.

Europe will, of course, remain a key oil price driver for the rest of the week, though some attention will shift towards the meeting of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries on Wednesday in Vienna, where output targets will be discussed. Although the crude demand picture remains uncertain, tight supplies continue to offer oil prices a measure of support. "In our view, oil prices are more likely to be confronted with substantial upside -- rather than downside risks, given the considerable supply tightness in the market," say JBC energy analysts. "Apart from U.S. shale oil, there are currently no further positive surprises on the supply side."

Money managers continued be optimistic about oil prices last week. According to the latest Commitment of Traders Report from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, they increased their net-long position in NYMEX crude futures by 928 to 174,323 for the week ending Dec. 6. Energy stocks fell Monday. Hess(HES) tumbled 3.6% to $56.35; Marathon Oil(MRO) lost 3.6% to $27.32; Chevron(CVX) fell 1.1% to $103.07; Exxon(XOM) fell 1.6% to $80.05; Apache(APA) surrendered 3.6% at $93.94; BP(BP) fell 2.1% to $41.83; and Anadarko Petroleum(APC) lost 2.9% to $77.81.

Source

Democrats worked their political magic in the last forty years to make sure that America would remain dependent on foreign oil. To add insult to injury the radical democrats subscribed to the fraudulent global warming extortion scheme that blamed America for every climate related disaster in the world.

I'm still unconvinced about global warming one way or the other.

But of one thing I'm certain, democrats in general and the public at large have learned absolutely nothing about oil and natural gas in those 40 years.

But of one thing I'm certain, democrats in general and the public at large have learned absolutely nothing about oil and natural gas in those 40 years.

If you are "still unconvenced about global warming" you are dumber than the "public at large" who have learned to live with democrat energy policies that keep them colld in the winter and poor all year around.

Last edited:

If you are "still unconvenced about global warming" you are dumber than the "public at large" who have learned to live with democrat energy policies that keep them colld in the winter and poor all year around.

So, I'm dumb for reading your countless posts re: global warming? Which by the way are quite compelling and convincing.

Or am I dumb for reading others' countless posts supporting global warming? Which by the way are quite compelling and convincing.

I admire your tenacity and efforts to refute and rebuke, but the warmists to me seem equally believable.

Regarding democrats' energy policies- I've followed them for over 35 years. I know that score all too well.

It is impossible to be unconvinced about global warming. 15,000 years ago New York was under a continental ice sheet. Obviously, today, it is not. Therefore, something has warmed, at least in the vicinity of New York. The same example applies to the entire country of Canada as well.

Based on this evidence, it is obvious that the world has warmed. I do not know how many prehistorical coal fired power plants it required to melt the continental ice sheets way back when, but it must have been bunches!!

I understand. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've not been so moved as to jump into the debate on either side of the issue.
But I do like reading both arguments. And I applaud your efforts.

Last edited:
Gasoline prices had been falling for some time in response to the slowing world economy.

Until congress just let the ethanol tax credit expire at the first of the year.

So now you have to pay more taxes on your gasoline at the pump.

This also cut gasolines competition so gas prices will continue to rise.

This caused a price spike at the pump that took effect January 1, 2012. Enjoy the higher prices.

:lol::lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol::lol:
ch.gaschart

:lol::lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol: :lol::rofl::lol::lol:

USA Today: End of ethanol subsidy could raise gas prices for 2012

Last edited:
Gasoline prices had been falling for some time in response to the slowing world economy.

Until congress just let the ethanol tax credit expire at the first of the year.

So now you have to pay more taxes on your gasoline at the pump.

This also cut gasolines competition so gas prices will continue to rise.

This caused a price spike at the pump that took effect January 1, 2012. Enjoy the higher prices.

ch.gaschart

USA Today: End of ethanol subsidy could raise gas prices for 2012

LOL... still assigning short-term explanations for long-term trends, I see.

Doesn't change the fact that gas price is up 600% in 12 years. Must all be taxes. :clap2:

If all goes as planned there will only be one oil company in the future and Walmart will be a feeding-vaccination station for the great unwashed masses ( already is-sorta)
Gas will be $20 and only the rich will afford it. No problem. They'll also all be the shareholders of the company.
You, on the other hand, will freeze to death without it and your food will cost a fortune due to transportation, agro chemical and refrigeration costs.
It's a cool business plan huh ? :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Democrats worked their political magic in the last forty years to make sure that America would remain dependent on foreign oil. To add insult to injury the radical democrats subscribed to the fraudulent global warming extortion scheme that blamed America for every climate related disaster in the world.

During the 40 years the Dems have controlled Congress for much of that time frame BUT the GOP has controlled the presidency for 25 of the 40 years and there's a thing called veto.
So in short, any objective thinker would surmise that it's both parties (as usual) that are responsible. Please point out how I'm wrong.

Forum List

Back