You Taught The GOP A Lesson: You Want Higher Taxes So They Will Grant Your Wish

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

How does it feel to teach those Republicans a lesson?

Yep, OBama is the taxing President..and they love it and voted for him AGAIN

put in the highest cigarette tax increase of ANY PRESIDENT as soon as he walked through the white house doors...and who does it hit MORE

THE POOR..

and then we have ObamaTax about ready to hit people...whoohoo

don't worry he did it only because wuvs you

and now he's begging to raise people taxes and you follow along like little sheep

but you sure showed them Republicans

Last edited:
Democrats want to raise taxes to match their spending. The only way that will work is if they raise them on all of us. If the Republicans give in and allow Obama to raise taxes on the rich then nothing is solved. The problem remains. But if they stick to their principles and just let us all have it when the Bush tax-cuts expire, everyone get's some skin in the game.

Then we can all invest in strengthening the Middle-class, Obama style.

Be proud of what you did. You taught the GOP that you don't want low taxes. You don't care if the Democrats raise your taxes and spend it faster than they can steal it from you. So I figure they're out to give you what you wanted.

If you really think the GOP is going to be stupid enough to raise taxes on the middle class because the rich will be finally paying their fair share, you're delusional.

Of course obama is pulling the wool over his sheep's eyes, they say, yeah tax them rich people..Like that will DO ANYTHING to tackle the problems he has now HELP CREATE

Of course obama is pulling the wool over his sheep's eyes, they say, yeah tax them rich people..Like that will DO ANYTHING to tackle the problems he has now HELP CREATE

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

When the rich paid their fair share, we had balanced budgets.

The top 10% have 90% of the wealth. I find it hard to believe that raising taxes on them won't solve our problems.

lol, you should tell all your RICH Democrats you vote for to DONATE all their millions to help the the country..Instead you want to stick it the people in it

typical Democrat

It wont solve any problems. 800 billion over 10 years? :lmao:

We haven't had a balanced budget for decades. Borrowing money to create a surplus doesn't count either.

If you really think the GOP is going to be stupid enough to raise taxes on the middle class because the rich will be finally paying their fair share, you're delusional.

Oh, so the GOP is our saviors now.

I don't think they have much of a choice in the matter.

The tax-cuts expire Jan 1.

I don't see Obama or the Democrats bringing a plan to the table....so they want the GOP to do everything.

And if the GOP doesn't have a partner in this nothing gets done and the rates go up automatically.

I figure the GOP could just adjourn and go home and let the Democrats deal with the mess they made in Washington. If they give in they're screwed. So I guess the best thing to do is learn their lesson and let em go up on everyone and see what happens.

Please give a precise definintion of "fair share" so we can all know how much people are supposed to pay in taxes. Please also tell me how in particular taxatrion is about "fairness" and not about funding the government.

Also please explain how a feel good 80 billion dollar per year increase in revenue (projected) will help erase a 1,000 billion per year decfict (pretty much a given)

Only if we take all of their shit. Most of their wealth isn't in liquid assets.

I guess we could have the IRS go into their homes and start counting furniture.

Then see how long it takes for them to move to France.

Right now if we took all of the assests of the top 1% of the country we could fund the government for about 5 months. And since we just took all thier assets, it would be a one shot deal.

When the rich paid thier "fair share" the federal government was also not the bloated monstrosity it is now.

That's the part that kills me. They want tax increases, but only for someone else. Let the damned rates go back up for everyone and then lets start tackling other problems instead of this 4 years old bickering match over their class warfare bullshit. The reality I fear is, they have no other plan. This IS the big problem in their mind. Even though it solves absolutely nothing at all.

lol, you should tell all your RICH Democrats you vote for to DONATE all their millions to help the the country..Instead you want to stick it the people in it

typical Democrat

I want all the wealthy to pay their fair share, thanks. Because the country works better when they do.

Right now if we took all of the assests of the top 1% of the country we could fund the government for about 5 months. And since we just took all thier assets, it would be a one shot deal.

When the rich paid thier "fair share" the federal government was also not the bloated monstrosity it is now.

Probably not true...

And the only reason why the government is such a "monstrosity" now is because the 1% have spent the last 30 years undermining the middle class. Which is why people who used to be able to bring home a living wage now have to get food stamps, Section 8 housing and MediCaid.

Only if we take all of their shit. Most of their wealth isn't in liquid assets.

I guess we could have the IRS go into their homes and start counting furniture.

Then see how long it takes for them to move to France.

I guess you beat me to the punch by like 5 seconds.

Bill whittle takes something iowahawk wrote up and put it to video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ]EAT THE RICH! - YouTube[/ame]

Probably not true...

And the only reason why the government is such a "monstrosity" now is because the 1% have spent the last 30 years undermining the middle class. Which is why people who used to be able to bring home a living wage now have to get food stamps, Section 8 housing and MediCaid.

Yeah, those rich folks asked for the government to raise excise-taxes on them so they have to pass the costs onto the consumer just to keep from closing their doors.

Probably not true...

Check the video below, Iowahawk did the math.

And the federal government was never designed to be a crutch for people, espeically not a crutch over-funded by only 2% of the population. People can still bring home a living wage, but now its taxed to death. Stop looking at the slow increase in real wages and compare it to the larger increase in tax burden, be it local, state, federal or all those fees we get included in our bills, and all the fees we have to pay to government agencies like the DMV.

Thank you sir, may I have another?:whip:

Forum List

Back