You spent $700,000 to help develop software that tells jokes.

I like this one:

32. Public Relations Firm Wins Big Stimulus Bucks (New York, NY) - $25.8 million
What do you do when a key government program is unpopular with the general public? In the case of the
stimulus, you sign a multi-million dollar contract with a public relations firm previously embroiled in
controversy. For some time, the Administration’s push for health information technology systems has
been facing significant public resistance because of privacy concerns.240 In response, the Department of
Health and Human Services spent $25.8 million on a contract with Ketchum Inc. to help win over public
opinion.241 Ketchum was criticized before, however, on other governmental work. The reason?
Producing fake TV news stories for government agencies.

Yet another reason in the looooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of examples that tax hikes is not an answer whatsoever - that cutting pointless waste is.

any gov. money spent by any party on whipping up sppt. via use of a Madison ave. firms etc. is to me counter intuitive .

If that what they need to gain sppt. they might want to consider going back to the drawing board and re-working the bill or issue, not hire shamsters to shill it for them to sell it us.

I like this one:

32. Public Relations Firm Wins Big Stimulus Bucks (New York, NY) - $25.8 million
What do you do when a key government program is unpopular with the general public? In the case of the
stimulus, you sign a multi-million dollar contract with a public relations firm previously embroiled in
controversy. For some time, the Administration’s push for health information technology systems has
been facing significant public resistance because of privacy concerns.240 In response, the Department of
Health and Human Services spent $25.8 million on a contract with Ketchum Inc. to help win over public
opinion.241 Ketchum was criticized before, however, on other governmental work. The reason?
Producing fake TV news stories for government agencies.

There are so many problems with this...yet another example of how big government is not the answer.

I figure this is probably my absolute favorite... I mean, you gotta love it when a company that is paying millions to clean up an oil spill is being given $308m of taxpayers money... we are, in effect, doing exactly what Obama promised we would not do.... paying for the fucking clean up. No wonder Tony Hayward was grinning all the way through the hearings.

9. Power Plant Construction Won’t Start for at Least Two
Years (Kern County, CA) - $308 million
BP may have found itself staring down huge financial losses over the past several months, but executives
can take solace knowing that a stimulus windfall will help offset them. On September 28, 2009,
Hydrogen Energy California, LLC (HECA), owned largely by BP, was awarded $308 million86 in stimulus
funds to “generate more environmentally friendly electricity by capturing carbon dioxide from the
burning of fossil fuels.”

HECA is a joint venture of BP Alternative Energy North America and Rio Tinto subsidiaries.88 Stimulus
funds “enabled continued development of the HECA project which otherwise would have been
cancelled.”89 Construction is not expected to begin until December 2011,90 nearly three years after the
passage of the Recovery Act, raising serious questions about whether it is anywhere near “shovel-ready.”

That's right - $700,000 of stimulus money went to a college professor to develop software that tells jokes.

At last, a reliable joke machine! - Ricochet.com

http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=e1e0624e-d02a-42d4-9dbb-f5b9f21b3572

check out that link if you think that the joke machine was bad.

I read Thomas Coburn's book "Breach of Trust"...this guy should be President.

Hey at least they are talking about passing another stimulus....oh I mean recovery....bill.

:eek:

Forum List

Back