You see someone in need...

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
What do you do when you see a person or family who has a genuine need that you don't have the resources to take care of? You know something needs to be done to help, but your resourses are very limited. You will do what you can, but that will not actually care for the need unless other resources are available to help meet the need.

A family is living in a home that has no heat, and these winter conditions are making life tough for them. You can maybe buy a heater, and that will help, but it will not heat the house. Who do you go to for further assistence? Is there help out there that actrually takes care of needs, rather than just being kind enough to look like they are helpoing?

There are real needs out there. People do have limits in their ability to reach out and fully meet needs. What is the solution? Where do you go?

Sometimes a person has gotten themselves in a mess because of bad choices, and now they cannot seem to get out of the pitt. Sometimes a need is on going. How do we deal with a situation that will take a long term form of assistence?

I am asking about what is real, and needs that, if assisted, can change lives. How much are we willing to go out of our way to help? Are we willing to do that at all?

You know people with needs, and so do I. I'd like to hear about how some of you have actually been able to enter those situations and make a difference.

This is a real world, there are real and serione needs out there, the recession is real, and people are greatly effected. Do Americans reach out to help Americans? Neighbors for neighbors?

I am asking because I want to start a ministry that will deal with this very life issue. Your answers can help to form a plan that just might work.

Why start a ministry? Wouldn't your time be better spent helping those who you have identified as needing it. Organizations get bogged down with personality conflicts and politics and frankly waste time and energy. Jesus said that if you see a man that is thirsty, give him something to drink--not form an organization.

I applaud your intent--just question the solution.

Why start a ministry? Wouldn't your time be better spent helping those who you have identified as needing it. Organizations get bogged down with personality conflicts and politics and frankly waste time and energy. Jesus said that if you see a man that is thirsty, give him something to drink--not form an organization.

I applaud your intent--just question the solution.

I am so glad you asked that question. I agree with you. Certainly I could meet some needs. I could not meet them all. However, I don't think ministry has to be organizations, or agencies with committees, boards, and bogger-downers.

I am talking about people being given opportunities to minister, but doing it by becoming aware of a need, and reaching out and meeting part of all of the need. Not a business, or such, just ministers (people) working together to get the job done.

With that said, there are many ministries that are non-profits, or whatever, who do a great job. Habitat for humanities is one that comes to mind. Yes, they have process that have to be followed, but they meet an awesome need.

Texas Baptist Men has an emergency team that acts immediately to natural or other disasters. They don't wait for a vote, ot approval for monry. They go.

I am shure there are many sugh organizations, and the one i have in mind might even evolve into a small such organization with bery little red tape.

Thanks for the wuestion. It caused me to have to think. I hop I thunked enough. LOL

If some one comes to me for help I do what ever I can to help them, if I cant help them I ill seek out somebody that can and ask them to do me a favor and help the person in need, this becomes null and void if I feel the person seeking help is just trying to play me for a chump.

lol

Our school always sponsors a family in need for Christmas. You should see the kids' wish lists: Xbox games, DVDs, designer clothes, etc... I always give gift cards, but it troubles me that welfare families even have Xboxes and DVD players. What incentive is there for the children to try and get an education and better themselves? They already have it pretty good.

Last night at the mall, some teenager asked me for money for bus fare. The teacher/mom in me asked why he had gone to the mall without money. He gave me some b.s. tale about his ride leaving, etc. so I gave him a couple bucks. Sure enough an hour later I saw him with his friends laughing after they got more money from other people. My guess is that they needed it buy weed. Stuff like this will most likely make me say "no" in the future.

Heat is a basic need. I would just make sure they aren't using their heating allowance on their cell phone bill.

What do you do when you see a person or family who has a genuine need that you don't have the resources to take care of? You know something needs to be done to help, but your resourses are very limited. You will do what you can, but that will not actually care for the need unless other resources are available to help meet the need.

A family is living in a home that has no heat, and these winter conditions are making life tough for them. You can maybe buy a heater, and that will help, but it will not heat the house. Who do you go to for further assistence? Is there help out there that actrually takes care of needs, rather than just being kind enough to look like they are helpoing?

There are real needs out there. People do have limits in their ability to reach out and fully meet needs. What is the solution? Where do you go?

Sometimes a person has gotten themselves in a mess because of bad choices, and now they cannot seem to get out of the pitt. Sometimes a need is on going. How do we deal with a situation that will take a long term form of assistence?

I am asking about what is real, and needs that, if assisted, can change lives. How much are we willing to go out of our way to help? Are we willing to do that at all?

You know people with needs, and so do I. I'd like to hear about how some of you have actually been able to enter those situations and make a difference.

This is a real world, there are real and serione needs out there, the recession is real, and people are greatly effected. Do Americans reach out to help Americans? Neighbors for neighbors?

I am asking because I want to start a ministry that will deal with this very life issue. Your answers can help to form a plan that just might work.

This afternoon, I will be doing my regular shift helping homeless people learn PC skills, basic reading and writing and whatever else I might be able to assist with.

I have usually been tormented or tickled by my wants, needs come if you really need them.

So I guess I would ask them, what do you really need?

Not according to Idiocracy.

A narrator explains that natural selection is indifferent to intelligence, so that in a society in which intelligence is systematically debased, stupid people easily out-breed the intelligent, creating, over the course of five centuries, an irremediably dysfunctional society. Demographic superiority favours those least likely to advance society. Consequently, the children of the educated élites are drowned in a sea of sexually promiscuous, illiterate, alcoholic, proletarian peers.

Idiocracy (2006) - Synopsis

Yep. They need birth control. Where's that crazy science czar?

Of course, intelligence is highly overrated.

Everyone thinks they are intelligent, which means in reality no one is.

I call it intelligenceflation.

Forum List

Back