You Repuplicans Counting On Filibuster

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Who's Afraid of a Filibuster? | The New York Observer

Forget about it....or...make my day!

Six Senate Republicans will face reelection two years hence in states that went for Mr. Obama: Judd Gregg (R-NH), Arlen Specter (R- PA), George Voinovich (R-OH), Mel Martinez (R-FL), Chuck Grassley (R- IA), and Richard Burr (R-NC). Having seen their fellow incumbents fall in the last two elections, that half dozen may well consider themselves in varying degrees of political peril. Poor Mr. Gregg watched his New Hampshire colleague John Sununu drop this year as their state turned deep blue. Mr. Martinez won his seat in 2004 by a single point and is widely considered vulnerable. So are Mr. Specter, nearing his 80th birthday, and Mr. Voinovich, now 72.

Several other Republican incumbents may confront difficult reelection races in 2010 too, including Kit Bond (R-MO), whose state went for John McCain by a miniscule margin (many votes fewer than the number who voted for Ralph Nader). Nor should we forget Jim Bunning (R-KY), 77 years old and aging badly, who was nearly taken out in 2004 by an underfunded, little-known Democrat. Recent polls show him sinking.

I'll personally be voting for whoever opposes Voinovich. He sold us all out by unconstitutionally voting for the bailouts.

Obama has been sucking pretty hard on Liebermann. I wonder if it will continue if the dems do indeed get their 60.

We'll see in two years. A month is an eternity in politics. I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch.

Yup, if the dems do all the things thay have said they were gonna do and Obama carries through with his Promises I suspect in 2 years the Dems will be looking for new jobs.

Yup, if the dems do all the things thay have said they were gonna do and Obama carries through with his Promises I suspect in 2 years the Dems will be looking for new jobs.

I doubt it considering Obama won the majority by 6%. I think people WANT him to keep his promises, otherwise why did they vote for him?

As for the Repubs, there probably won't be such an anti-Repub attitude in 2010, unless of course they continue to block things from getting done.

I doubt it considering Obama won the majority by 6%. I think people WANT him to keep his promises, otherwise why did they vote for him?

As for the Repubs, there probably won't be such an anti-Repub attitude in 2010, unless of course they continue to block things from getting done.

Once you take out the people that voted for him specifically because he was black (and don't even try saying there weren't any), and the people that vote Democrat straight ticket, even though they have NO idea what they're voting for, what do you really have left?

I don't see why not, Republicans are still blaming Clinton for things going wrong. So by that measure, Democrats should have till at least 2016 to blame the Bush admin.

Considering most people that voted for Obama had NO IDEA what he stood for other the fleeting "Change" I suspect a lot of Independents are gonna wake up to his destruction of the electrical grid, the gas wars and his trillions in new debt and say " Damn, I did not know he was gonna do that". Again the press did us NO favors by not vetting him and not publishing things like his little " I will bankrupt the coal fired plant" comments.

Once you take out the people that voted for him specifically because he was black (and don't even try saying there weren't any), and the people that vote Democrat straight ticket, even though they have NO idea what they're voting for, what do you really have left?

you have 6% of the majority....esp if you if you take out the people who voted for McCain because Obama was black (and don't even try saying there weren't any) and then take out the people who vote straight ticket Republican regardless of whether they know what they are voting for or because they are voting on one single issue be it guns, abortion or whatever.... :tongue:

I do laugh at you cons who assume that just because someone votes straight ticket they aren't aware of the issues. I'm willing to bet there are just as many, if not more, Republicans who vote straight ticket especially considering how often Republicans win elections which means Dems and Independents are jumping party lines and voting for them, otherwise they'd never win since there are statisically more registered Democrats in this country than Republicans.

Considering most people that voted for Obama had NO IDEA what he stood for other the fleeting "Change" I suspect a lot of Independents are gonna wake up to his destruction of the electrical grid, the gas wars and his trillions in new debt and say " Damn, I did not know he was gonna do that". Again the press did us NO favors by not vetting him and not publishing things like his little " I will bankrupt the coal fired plant" comments.

Oh that's right...only those that voted for McCain (or against Obama) are smart enough to know what was being said :cuckoo:

The press didn't vet him? :lol: OMG that's hysterical. Seriously, how do you cons function in your daily lives while so out of touch with reality? It's both laughable and frightening.

Ouch. That HAD to hurt.:lol:

Bubba won in 1992 by the same margin. Remember what happened in the mid-terms?
Political Perceptions : The 2008 Election: A Fitting Outcome
An new poll just came out that showed that Americans were willing to wait on tax cuts so keeping his promises is not high on peoples lists right now.
The economy is a different story. Obama will be given a while to straighten things out his own way, after that, who knows what the electorate will think and do. I'm just guessing that they'll be pissed at the incumbent party. Blaming it all on Bush won't work either, he'll be long gone.
If Obama's policies end up like Hoovers' and make the economy worse, Americans will be begging congress to block everything Obama does which will not bode well for the Dems obviously.

The one that is gonna hurt him is if he carries through with the threat to use regulations and taxes to drive up the cost of Electricity , Gas and natural Gas. He will find out just how well 60 percent of the Country depending on electrical power from coal fired plants feel when he attempts to drive them to bankruptcy. And if he dicks with Gas prices you can bet people will notice. To many people depend on all 3 and he has no alternate to replace them.

The one that is gonna hurt him is if he carries through with the threat to use regulations and taxes to drive up the cost of Electricity , Gas and natural Gas. He will find out just how well 60 percent of the Country depending on electrical power from coal fired plants feel when he attempts to drive them to bankruptcy. And if he dicks with Gas prices you can bet people will notice. To many people depend on all 3 and he has no alternate to replace them.

Wow, I am sure with such inferior economic advisors such as volckler and buffet he never contemplated these issues.

You have American patriots who realized that four more years of the idiotic Republican agenda would destroy our nation.

Wow, I am sure with such inferior economic advisors such as volckler and buffet he never contemplated these issues.

Again for the slow or stupid. Obama has stated PUBLICLY that he intends to bankrupt coal fired electrical plants with regulations and if needed taxes. He went on about how he would use regulations to force America to pay to much for electricity, gas and natural Gas to wean us of our dependency.

Only one small problem, there is NO replacement for them.

Again for the slow or stupid. Obama has stated PUBLICLY that he intends to bankrupt coal fired electrical plants with regulations and if needed taxes. He went on about how he would use regulations to force America to pay to much for electricity, gas and natural Gas to wean us of our dependency.

Only one small problem, there is NO replacement for them.

For the borderline retarded such as yourself:

As a state legislator, Obama voted for loan guarantees and bonds to build or expand coal power plants. In the Senate, he voted for the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which contained billions in subsidies for coal power plants but no mandate for CO2 capture and storage.

“We’ll invest in technology that will allow us to use more coal, America’s most abundant energy source, with the goal of creating five first-of-a-kind coal-fired demonstration plants with carbon capture and sequestration.” -- Aug. 4, Lansing, Mich.

Where Obama Stands: Clean Coal and CO2 Storage - ProPublica

For the borderline retarded such as yourself:

As a state legislator, Obama voted for loan guarantees and bonds to build or expand coal power plants. In the Senate, he voted for the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which contained billions in subsidies for coal power plants but no mandate for CO2 capture and storage.

“We’ll invest in technology that will allow us to use more coal, America’s most abundant energy source, with the goal of creating five first-of-a-kind coal-fired demonstration plants with carbon capture and sequestration.” -- Aug. 4, Lansing, Mich.

Where Obama Stands: Clean Coal and CO2 Storage - ProPublica

The retard is YOU, he STATED for the record he planned to BANKRUPT coal fired electrical plants. He stated he planned to do it with regulations that would force them to pay to much to "adjust" their plants. He STATED that he WANTED electrical prices to go up, because the rich could afford to pay it and he would protect the poor, of course he left out the middle class.

This is another example of you dumb shits not paying attention to what he said and what he plans. He went on to explain he would use regulations and taxes to drive up the price of Gas and Natural Gas also in an effort to wean us of them.

Go ahead IGNORE what he stated he plans to do, when he does it do not claim you had no idea.

LOL

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

Most of the members of your party on this board stated they only voted for McCain as a knee jerk reaction to vote against Democrats. They never liked McCain, couldn't articulate or defend his policies, and the only reason republicans have even voted in the last three presidential elections was to record a knee jerk reaction against the Democratic nominee.

Forum List

Back