You Really Do Need More Mods!

It's 9:30 CST, there's ELEVEN HUNDRED USERS on the board, and ONE MOD and cearel_killer.

I see more often than not late at night and early morning where there's no admin or moderation AT ALL!

You really do need more mods, probably DOUBLE what you have now. If mods were still allowed to conduct themselves same as the members, I could still be helping out.

You can't always see us. ;)

I think we have plenty of mods but I must admit I saw you on the board the other day and was thinking you need to show up more. I forgot you were a mod.

Alan shows up occasionally, I saw Newbie only after she was a mod for maybe years. TDII shows up overnight and so does Oddball. The admins show up more than some of you.

Why don't you apply? :)

I think we have plenty of mods but I must admit I saw you on the board the other day and was thinking you need to show up more. I forgot you were a mod.

Alan shows up occasionally, I saw Newbie only after she was a mod for maybe years. TDII shows up overnight and so does Oddball. The admins show up more than some of you.

I come on at night and delete some spam. Right after I became a mod many people at my work quit or had babies so I was working a lot of overtime. Then the last few weeks I have been working overtime due to the flu season.

I can understand that. Work and your baby come first but say hi every so often. :)

Why do you hate Sarah?

Just curious but why is there a need for more mods? Isn't this the land of the freedom loving individual, all alone, facing the trials and turmoil of life head on, with an iron will, eyes wide open, able to conquer all foes, be they real or imaginary?

Just curious but why is there a need for more mods? Isn't this the land of the freedom loving individual, all alone, facing the trials and turmoil of life head on, with an iron will, eyes wide open, able to conquer all foes, be they real or imaginary?

They've recently instituted a rule that will most likely increase reported posts, while at the same time losing 4 mods in the past several days.

I was asked once but I like just posting. You guys are good at it.

i think we have plenty of mods but i must admit i saw you on the board the other day and was thinking you need to show up more. I forgot you were a mod.

Alan shows up occasionally, i saw newbie only after she was a mod for maybe years. Tdii shows up overnight and so does oddball. The admins show up more than some of you.

why don't you apply? :)

why do you hate sarah?

:d

It's 9:30 CST, there's ELEVEN HUNDRED USERS on the board, and ONE MOD and cearel_killer.

I see more often than not late at night and early morning where there's no admin or moderation AT ALL!

You really do need more mods, probably DOUBLE what you have now. If mods were still allowed to conduct themselves same as the members, I could still be helping out.

How do you tell how many Mods there are, or present? Where is this info?

I'm here a month and have yet to figure out who they are, where they are, or how to communicate with them. What the site needs is to clarify that, because I can say as a user, it's a mystery.

For a list of all Moderators and Admin, click the link on the main page labeled "Forum Leaders". It's in the middle of the page, just below The Flame Zone and The Rubber Room.

To see who's online at any given time, look at the bottom of the page on the main page. Mods are in Orange, Admins are Red.

They've recently instituted a rule that will most likely increase reported posts, while at the same time losing 4 mods in the past several days.

What rule is that? And, four mods have quit or been "fired"?

I really do miss a lot of the goings on here just because I'm not here very much or for very long at a time.

Thanks.

What rule is that?

so far admin have not figured out how to replace jillain with a male conservative....after all a liberal mod isnt allowed....look at the fuckhead mods we have now

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Thanks. No, I had no idea since it doesn't seem to be written down anywhere. And if you ask questions you get attacked.

How stuff on this site works reminds me (and this will sound mean) of New Orleans... nothing spelled out, you just have to know somebody. You'll be driving along and suddenly there's a ramp. No sign, just a ramp. Where does it go? You just have to know somebody. People will give directions like "turn left where the K&B used to be". It's curious.

It isn't written down anywhere because vBulletin is the standard software used for forums and most of us know the little quirks it has. Some of us even know how to do things with it that the staff on multiple forums routinely tell us cannot be done.

That begs elaboration :eusa_drool: but I don't know that there's a "standard" software; there are lots of 'em out there on the Innerwebs that work in myriad ways.

Anyway I didn't mean technical features; those are pretty much self-evident. I meant more the who's who. The answer appears to be that the Mod names are in red. Who knew. Next question would be how to find them. Maybe next month.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back