You ready to attack Iran?

I can't believe you are a military man. Look at the people, military and terrain of Iran, there is no way an American general is going to lead an army into that place with out a full scale mobilization or nukes. A raid or a short-term incursion may be possible, but an invasion is out of the question. You never fight unless fight unless you know you are going to win. War is not about being macho, is about survival.

I can't believe you are a military man. Look at the people, military and terrain of Iran, there is no way an American general is going to lead an army into that place with out a full scale mobilization or nukes. A raid or a short-term incursion may be possible, but an invasion is out of the question. You never fight unless fight unless you know you are going to win. War is not about being macho, is about survival.

Who said this knucklehead is a "military man"? He's the board "We Are the World" guy.:lol:

We did Iraq so we would not need to do Iran. I agree with Wayne. The only thing we have on our side would be we could take down their Air Defense and Air Force in days and their side probably does have maneuver capabilities any better than the Iraqis. They used human wave attacks in the Iran-Iraq war.

Despite that fact, Iran is just too large. We could do it with maybe 300k-500k force. But, where would they come from. Not to mention the logistics.

So far everyone agrees we won't or shouldn't do it. Does anyone want to take a crack at, if we did do it, how should we do it?

We did Iraq so we would not need to do Iran. I agree with Wayne. The only thing we have on our side would be we could take down their Air Defense and Air Force in days and their side probably does have maneuver capabilities any better than the Iraqis. They used human wave attacks in the Iran-Iraq war.

Despite that fact, Iran is just too large. We could do it with maybe 300k-500k force. But, where would they come from. Not to mention the logistics.

So far everyone agrees we won't or shouldn't do it. Does anyone want to take a crack at, if we did do it, how should we do it?

My pet theory:

Iran fought for 8? years against an Army (Iraq) that we rolled over in weeks.

I believe that the WMD rationalization was secondary to the tactical need to flank Iran on three sides. i.e. Afghanistan to the East, Iraq to the West and the Indian Ocean to the South.

Pakistan is an unknown. The recent bombing of Indian interests may seal their fate.

Syria is Israels. Or we could go west and take them out as well. The problem is that we are stretched thin. This whole thing could go South real quick.

Just my opinion.

Here is the next Iraq. Iran. This is a shame. They are going to do the same crap that they just did to Iraq. The stories all over the media and Bush and congress has mentioned it several times. Now it is when will we start to kill more people?/]

Has there ever been a more ignorant, childish, obnoxious form of communicating than rap?

Let me give it a try:

You are annoying, that's for sure.
But I've come up with a sure fire cure.
You sound like a little whigger whore;
So I just put you on ignore.

Has there ever been a more ignorant, childish, obnoxious form of communicating than rap?

Let me give it a try:

You are annoying, that's for sure.
But I've come up with a sure fire cure.
You sound like a little whigger whore;
So I just put you on ignore.

Gay.

Depends on what you mean by attack. :)

I favor bombing the government, military and Nuclear facilities. I would Not favor any kind of invasion.

Personally I think the People of Iran would love to toss out the ideologs who rule their country today, so lets just nudge them along.

No Invasion. That would be a serious Mistake IMO.

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean by attack. :)

I favor bombing the government, military and Nuclear facilities. I would Not favor any kind of invasion.

Personally I think the People of Iran would love to toss out the ideologs who rule their country today, so lets just nudge them along.

No Invasion. That would be a serious Mistake IMO.

Why bomb them---are we in imminent danger ? First and foremost---is it legal??? I certainly don't want to be hearing all that "it's illegal" shit again.

Why bomb them---are we in imminent danger ? First and foremost---is it legal??? I certainly don't want to be hearing all that "it's illegal" shit again.

I believe if Iran gets nukes the entire western world, and much of the Muslim world will indeed be in imminent danger. However I would love to see a peaceful solution to this problem.

Not gonna happen. First, it'd be a total disaster, and second, public opinion is opposed to it.

The caveat to this, though, is that if Israel decides to strike and it flares up from there, we'll get involved whether or not it will be a disaster and whether or not public opinion supports it.

Forum List

Back