You must remember this....

That's nice.....do you agree or disagree with the OP?

Does it matter?

I mean, if I disagreed and made a valid argument with facts and quotes and statistics, you'd not be convinced and would continue to discuss things based on your beliefs.

On the other hand, if I did agree with the OP, well... Nothing.

Instead, you chose to title your thread with four words that stirred a pleasant memory of a classic film. Thanks for that.

Print the one-page Fact Sheet

On January 1, 2013, a $494 billion wave of tax hikes will take effect, hitting every American household, regardless of income. Here’s how much taxes will rise for five different demographic groups:

FAMILIES
$4,138 TAX INCREASE
5.9% of average income
Total filers: 15 million
Average income: $70,662

BABY BOOMERS
$4,223 TAX INCREASE
4% of average income
Total filers: 33.1 million
Average income: $95,099

LOW-INCOME WORKERS
$1,207 TAX INCREASE
4.7% of average income
Total filers: 53.8 million
Average income: $24,757

MILLENNIALS
$1,099 TAX INCREASE
4.6% of average income
Total filers: 7.6 million
Average income: $23,917

RETIREES
$857 TAX INCREASE
2% of average income
Total filers: 33.1 million
Average income: $42,553

Notes: Income figures are Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Number of filers and AGI are estimates for 2013.

Get the full details on Taxmageddon at Taxmageddon

How Will Taxmageddon Impact You?

A "fact" sheet based wholly on on the myopic estimates by yet another "think tank" by the Koch brothers. Here's a reality check:

A Bogus Tax Attack Against Obama

FactCheck.org : A Bogus Tax Attack Against Obama

THE FACTS: A huge collection of tax cuts is scheduled to expire at the end of the year, affecting families at every income level and businesses of many stripes. Many of the tax cuts were first enacted under former President George W. Bush and extended under Obama.

If Congress does nothing, income tax rates would go up, estate taxes and investment taxes would increase and the alternative minimum tax would hit millions of middle-income people. A temporary payroll tax cut that has been of benefit to nearly every wage earner in 2011 and 2012 would expire, costing the average family an additional $1,000 a year.

In addition, dozens of other tax breaks for businesses and individuals that are routinely renewed each year already expired at the end of 2011. Congress was expected to renew many of them by January, so taxpayers could still claim them on their 2012 tax returns.

If Congress fails to act, businesses would lose a popular tax credit for research and development as well as generous tax breaks for investing in new plants and equipment. Individuals would lose federal tax breaks for paying local sales taxes, buying energy efficient appliances and using mass transit.

In all, federal taxes would increase by about $423 billion next year, according to figures from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office and the Joint Committee on Taxation, the official scorekeepers for Congress.

Combined with federal spending cuts scheduled to take effect next year, the one-two punch would probably send the U.S. economy back into recession, according to a recent CBO study.

FACT CHECK: Looming tax hike not the biggest ever - Yahoo! Finance

And notice how the FACTS in my OP are Intense-ly ignored!

Why do you want to raise taxes on the middle class in the middle of a recession?

Like Roosevelt, the goal is to secure the income of Government and Union Workers at our expense.

Roosevelt SAVED this country's ass, a matter of history and fact whether intellectually dishonest folk like you accept that reality or not.

And we've all seen the disasterous results of Reaganomics.....because the "job creators" got their tax breaks and reduction in oversight and regulation...and took their money and AMERICAN jobs overseas and off shore, while downsizing here and then claiming record profits.

And you jokers STILL can't deal with the FACTS of the OP. Grow up!

Is it your position that raising taxes on the middle class is a good thing?

My "position" is pointing out a FACT that neocons/teabaggers and some libertarian louts seem desperate to deny and avoid.

Your position is that the Bush tax cuts for the middle class are a libertarian lie?

Why don't you stop being a Quantum Windbag and either agree with or deny the FACTS referred to in the OP. Once you do that, then we can proceed on a level of intellectual honesty. If not, you can continue to be a windbag for the neocon/teabagger cabal.

My "position" is pointing out a FACT that neocons/teabaggers and some libertarian louts seem desperate to deny and avoid.

Your position is that the Bush tax cuts for the middle class are a libertarian lie?

Why don't you stop being a Quantum Windbag and either agree with or deny the FACTS referred to in the OP. Once you do that, then we can proceed on a level of intellectual honesty. If not, you can continue to be a windbag for the neocon/teabagger cabal.

What facts?

If you're planning on voting Republican in the up-coming elections, keep in mind that the neocon/teabagger driven GOP in the House & Senat all swore, wailed and railed that if the Bush tax cuts were to sunset (as they were originally designed to do), that economic chaos would reign, and America would be lost.

Well, Obama capitulated for a 2 year extension, and guess what? The GOP are STILL screaming that all is lost, the economy is circling the drain and it's all Obama's fault....DESPITE his doing as they demanded!

Yep, the Party of NO is NOT interested in your well being....just interested in regaining POWER UNCHALLENGED.

I don't remember anyone stating that extending the Bush tax cuts was the ONLY way to fix the economy...

Epic Thread Fail, though....:thup:

That's nice.....do you agree or disagree with the OP?

Does it matter?

I mean, if I disagreed and made a valid argument with facts and quotes and statistics, you'd not be convinced and would continue to discuss things based on your beliefs.

On the other hand, if I did agree with the OP, well... Nothing.

Instead, you chose to title your thread with four words that stirred a pleasant memory of a classic film. Thanks for that.

Translation: this intellectually dishonest coward named hjmick Dares not address the FACTS referred to in the OP.

This is typical of neocons and teabaggers...presented with facts that disproves one of their propaganda pieces, they AVOID discussing those facts and do everything to NOT address the issue at hand....general mocking, bluffs, dodges, personal attacks, changing the topic are all failed ploys jokers like hjmick push out...but hjmick just makes my point that only a fool would vote for these hypocritical GOPers.

Thanks hjmick.....let us know when you want to blow smoke and try to impress us with your aloof attitude. No one's buying it, but your self deluded attempts are at least a moments entertainment.....carry on.

If you're planning on voting Republican in the up-coming elections, keep in mind that the neocon/teabagger driven GOP in the House & Senat all swore, wailed and railed that if the Bush tax cuts were to sunset (as they were originally designed to do), that economic chaos would reign, and America would be lost.

Well, Obama capitulated for a 2 year extension, and guess what? The GOP are STILL screaming that all is lost, the economy is circling the drain and it's all Obama's fault....DESPITE his doing as they demanded!

Yep, the Party of NO is NOT interested in your well being....just interested in regaining POWER UNCHALLENGED.

I don't remember anyone stating that extending the Bush tax cuts was the ONLY way to fix the economy...

Your willful ignorance is key to your lack of memory, my dear doctor. And although I'm tiring of doing the homework for neocon/teabagger lackey's like yourself, hope springs eternal. Observe and learn:

Senate Republicans unveil a plan to make Bush tax cuts permanent

GOP's 'Pledge to America': Extend Bush Tax Cuts, Repeal Health Care Bill

GOP's 'Pledge to America': Extend Bush Tax Cuts, Repeal Health Care Bill | PBS NewsHour

It's called Starve The Beast. You choke-off revenue and send the nation into a debt crisis. This gives you the momentum to finally kill SS and Medicare. This is the debt crisis.

On a lighter note.

The cost of my neighbor buying a house he can't afford: 500 billion.

The cost of the private sector making 10 trillion dollars worth of bets on that 500 billion worth of mortgages: 40 trillion.

The cost of having enough media control to blame home buyers rather than the people who made bets on those home buyers: priceless.

Last edited:

What facts?

Are you saying that what I refer to in the OP is NOT a fact? Where you asleep when Obama extended the Bush tax cuts?

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts

Obama Signs Bill To Extend Bush Tax Cuts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Or are you just being obstinate for the hell of it?

Your willful ignorance is key to your lack of memory, my dear doctor. And although I'm tiring of doing the homework for neocon/teabagger lackey's like yourself, hope springs eternal. Observe and learn:

GOP's 'Pledge to America': Extend Bush Tax Cuts, Repeal Health Care Bill | PBS NewsHour

Again...

NOBODY used the word ONLY...

Did you sleep a lot during school?

Making you look fucking stupid is too easy...

Nice Fail Thread, though....:thup:

Again...

NOBODY used the word ONLY...

Did you sleep a lot during school?

Making you look fucking stupid is too easy...

Nice Fail Thread, though....:thup:

Would someone near to Dr. House teach him how to READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY....as I DID NOT use the word "only" in the OP.

Dr. House, however, inserted the word to fit his patented neocon/teabagger intellectual dishonesty...trying to alter the discussion to his ideological benefit. Either that or the good doctor has a case of congenital stupidity.

Once again, the chronology of the post makes a fool out of the likes of Dr. House. Now let's watch him bluff and bluster to no avail. :badgrin:

Not as bad as when OBama's advisors told us to waste $800+ billion on crap like masking state budget deficits and we were gonna never hit %8 unemployment.....OOOPS.....you walked right over that cliff

Imagine the unemployment rate without the $800 billion. We tend to get sucked in to the idea that things could not have gotten any worse, or that they can't possibly get any worse than they are currently. Both those ideas are complete fallacies. Things could have gotten much worse without the stimulus and bailouts. Electing Romney and pushing further tax cuts could actually make things much worse. Not saying that things would definitely get worse with Romney at the helm, but it certainly is a possibility, and odds are 50/50, so don't be deceived.

Forum List

Back