You Might Be Surprised...

...to know...

What it's really like in an urban school district.

I won't be. My uncle and aunt were both Principles at some of the worst schools in NYC.. Later they went to consult with the NYC Board.. My uncle used to INSIST that I shadow him at work when I came to visit at ages 15 to 18 or so...

He had 3 cars destroyed and stripped. Two knife wounds and constantly in court for legal proceedings. Wasn't much about education at all.. Although he DID author a bunch of "comic book style" texts for various Jr High level courses.

Was the Jim belushi movie based on your uncle?

View attachment 175977

Missed that one. But there's a 1/2 dozen more like it.. I'll ask him if he consulted on any.. . LOL...

I saw a play about an urban school district once. There were Sharks, there were Jets, and there was a bunch of Puerto Ricans.. None of them liked the others for some reason.

westside-640x330.jpeg

And Natalie Wood became a Puerto Rican ...

Natalie-Wood-as-Maria-Nunez-in-West-Side-Story.jpg

So HOT!

You'd think someone from an island would be a better swimmer.

Uhh...ahem.

She was born in San Francisco and died off the coast of California.

No way ... she's from Puerto Rico. She only came here because everything's good in America.

Well if that's true, she sure as shit didn't swim here.

You might be missing the underlying gag here that the Caucasian Wood played a Hispanic Puerto Rican in the film 'West Side Story', as was the custom in Hollywood at the time.

Hamp-22.jpg

mickey-rooney.jpg

...to know...

What it's really like in an urban school district.

I won't be. My uncle and aunt were both Principles at some of the worst schools in NYC.. Later they went to consult with the NYC Board.. My uncle used to INSIST that I shadow him at work when I came to visit at ages 15 to 18 or so...

He had 3 cars destroyed and stripped. Two knife wounds and constantly in court for legal proceedings. Wasn't much about education at all.. Although he DID author a bunch of "comic book style" texts for various Jr High level courses.

Was the Jim belushi movie based on your uncle?

View attachment 175977

Missed that one. But there's a 1/2 dozen more like it.. I'll ask him if he consulted on any.. . LOL...

It was a great 1980s movie.

Forum List

Back