You might be a Christian fundamentalist...

????....you need a link to be convinced atheists file law suits?......Madelyn would be so embarrassed......

Lawsuits to convert people to atheism?

Or lawsuits to protect freedom of religion?
No. Lawsuits to prevent freedom of religion.
The Constitution has no guarantee of freedom FROM religion, only an amendment stating that Congress shall pass no laws prohibiting the free exercise of it.

Can you tell me what lawsuits prevent freedom of religion?

Inherent in freedom of religion is not having one forced on you.
You can do some research. There are hundreds of cases, most from your friends at ACLU. It's 4:30 AM and I haven't the time or inclination to do your homework. I will simply repeat: Congress shall pass no laws prohibiting the free exercise of it. (religion) Show me how you get around that by claiming freedom FROM religion.

Inherent in Freedom of Religion is not having one forced on you. How is that not obvious? That's the second time I've answered that for you.

You made the claim, you must support it.
I am not forcing my religion on you by the practice of it. You, as an atheist are forcing yours on me. Again! The Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.
No one seeks to prohibit you from practicing your "I am God" belief system. You are completely free to refuse to join others in an invocation at the start of a public event, but according to a strict interpretation of the First Amendment, the state cannot prevent the invocation because you disapprove.
Congress shall pass no laws prohibiting the free exercise of it. (religion)

Last edited:
But I love the Constitution and want to see it enforced.
which proves the point I made and you have been denying.....atheists use the courts to impose what they believe upon others......

Their belief in their rights as enumerated in the Constitution? Okay, you win.

Their beliefs on religion? Nope.
they hold to their beliefs with the fervor of the fundamentalists......and there is no denying their beliefs have been imposed upon others.....

so why do you constantly attack other Christians who are reasonable tolerant and admirable....is it just because they don't have sex with you?......

I don't attack other Christians who are reasonable, tolerant, and admirable. .

sure you do....you are doing it right now......

In my opinion, you don't fit that description.
so the standard isn't whether we are reasonable, tolerant or admirable......the standards is what an atheist thinks it is.........

The standard is mine to set, so, yeah. If I think your beliefs are a reasonable, tolerant and admirable I will be unlikely to attack them. Seems pretty logical to me.

so we are in agreement that you constantly attack Christians who do not meet your own subjective standards.....

so why do you constantly attack other Christians who are reasonable tolerant and admirable....is it just because they don't have sex with you?......

I don't attack other Christians who are reasonable, tolerant, and admirable. Just the unreasonable and intolerant ones. Like those that think my children, had I any, should be led in prayer at school or during extra-curricular activities simply because they think Christianity should be the official religion of the U.S. Government and therefore, it's citizens.
so you believe the religious beliefs of atheists should take precedence over the religious beliefs of the majority......

No. Atheists' beliefs or lack thereof, should be equal to Christian beliefs, under the law, or any religion despite any potential tyranny of the majority.
but they are not treated equally.....atheists go to court until they attain superiority.....large groups of people may not pray together if it offends a single atheist......

Large groups of people pray everyday and atheists aren't doing anything through the courts to stop it, nor would any court take such a case.

yet there is no denying that atheists have in fact taken to the courts to prevent large groups from having congregate prayers.....filing lawsuits to "protect" what they believe in, is in fact what atheists are best known for.....

which proves the point I made and you have been denying.....atheists use the courts to impose what they believe upon others......

they hold to their beliefs with the fervor of the fundamentalists......and there is no denying their beliefs have been imposed upon others.....
It's easy to refute your pointlessness. Identify where your rights to worships books written by men have been denied.

It's easy to refute your pointlessness. Identify where your rights to worships books written by men have been denied.
having trouble reading?......

Top Ten Signs Youtertordamentalist Christian
Top Ten List

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

0 - You convert to Atheism to get away from Christian Fundamentalism, but then terrorize people as a Fundamental Atheist.

New Topics

Forum List

Back