You May Say You Don't Care......But......

I'm a moderate that believes government should stay out of marriage because it is a religious matter but that laws should be crafted around civil unions. But the matter will not be a bit of concern in my decision on how I'll vote.
You're entitled to your belief provided you understand it's wrong and makes no sense.

Marriage is contract law written by state governments and administered by state courts; marriage is a creation of government, government can't 'stay out' of something it created.

Marriage is also a creation of religion, concurrent with government, from a time when church and state functioned as one, and when government and religion were one in the same; the clergy acting as an agent of the state is an anachronistic remnant from that time.

But whether one is married by a member of the clergy or justice of the peace, the license is issued by the state, authorized by the state, where the resulting marriage is subject to the contract laws of the state.

I'm a moderate that believes government should stay out of marriage because it is a religious matter but that laws should be crafted around civil unions. But the matter will not be a bit of concern in my decision on how I'll vote.
You're entitled to your belief provided you understand it's wrong and makes no sense.

I guess it would make no sense for somebody believing government created marriage. That's nonsense.

Last edited:
That's nice. You are awesome. I wish I were as smart as you and could understand things so well.

We need government......it's a fact.

It has it's place, But Washington's excess spending on wars and programs has caused our states and local municipalities to get the short end of the stick. And when rates go up that interest on the debt will be taking a bigger bite out of the pie. But I guess Washington can have it all and states can just keep cutting back on stuff like education and keep on increasing college tuition fees.

That's nice. You are awesome. I wish I were as smart as you and could understand things so well.

We need government......it's a fact.

It has it's place, But Washington's excess spending on wars and programs has caused our states and local municipalities to get the short end of the stick. And when rates go up that interest on the debt will be taking a bigger bite out of the pie. But I guess Washington can have it all and states can just keep cutting back on stuff like education and keep on increasing college tuition fees.

When is that going to happen? Before or after Obama declares the US an Islamic caliphate?

Quite a few of our "moderate" nutters will claim that they couldn't care less about whether or not gay people can marry. However.....this claim is almost always accompanied by a concern that the LGBT community is overreaching and that the right to marry is a state decision.

This data suggests that the GOP needs a more dramatic shift in attitude if it is going to make an impact moving forward.

The GOP May Regret Its Lasting Battle Against Gay Marriage FiveThirtyEight
And yet the GOP keeps winning elections and the Democrats keep losing them.
Suck to be you.

Quite a few of our "moderate" nutters will claim that they couldn't care less about whether or not gay people can marry. However.....this claim is almost always accompanied by a concern that the LGBT community is overreaching and that the right to marry is a state decision.

This data suggests that the GOP needs a more dramatic shift in attitude if it is going to make an impact moving forward.

Give it time. Democrats were angry with the Love ruling that allowed interracial marriage, once it was the law of the land they evolved. The same thing will happen with gay marriage and conservative. You already see this shift with young conservatives.

I personally supported gay marriage before it was cool.

Oh look! Another nutbag pretends to not understand shifts within political parties. Awesome.
Personal attacks is the point you admit you are out of arguments.

I see many many conservatives not caring that gay marriage is legal. In fact I think many are glad.

Give it time. Democrats were angry with the Love ruling that allowed interracial marriage, once it was the law of the land they evolved. The same thing will happen with gay marriage and conservative. You already see this shift with young conservatives.

I personally supported gay marriage before it was cool.

Oh look! Another nutbag pretends to not understand shifts within political parties. Awesome.
Personal attacks is the point you admit you are out of arguments.

I see many many conservatives not caring that gay marriage is legal. In fact I think many are glad.

Nope. Personal attacks come at the point where my opponent says something really stupid which makes any attempt to have a serious discussion a waste of fucking time.

Forum List

Back