You lucky so-and-sos...

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Notice that I didn't use foul language in the thread title..in keeping with my committment to profanity-free posting. I want to see USMB plugged on FOX by somebody before I die and I have determined the best way to do that is to stop swearing.

Anyway...you lucky dogs, I have just started a class called "Models of Effective Helping" which is essentially a psychotherapy class (textbook is "Counseling and Psychotherapy").
I have counted about half a dozen references to Freud on my first page of reading so I guess Freud is still alive and kicking!

YOu are lucky because I'm going to start psychotherapying (hehe) you.

I will start with dr grump. I'm fairly certain he's homosexual and has deep-seated mommy issues, and I look forward to working with him.

We have 5 weeks to cure him. Wish me luck.

I'm not sure I feel fucking lucky.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Did you ever notice that you could break down the word "therapist" into two words? "The rapist."

Did you ever notice that you could break down the word "therapist" into two words? "The rapist."

I'll take Jap Anus relations for a 1000 Alex.

original.jpg

• Banned

I think that qualifies as a distinctly freudian..thing.

Don't you think psychotherapy needs to move on from Frued? He has been dead nearly as long as he was alive. And most of his so called insights were better expressed by Adam Smith 100 years before.

Don't you think psychotherapy needs to move on from Frued? He has been dead nearly as long as he was alive. And most of his so called insights were better expressed by Adam Smith 100 years before.

It goes in cycles. My theory is that there's a kind of Heisenburg Uncertainty effect going on in Psychology. Someone makes a big break through in Psychology discovering some factor that impacts emotional and mental states, people learn about it, and people become aware of that something impacts their mental and emotional state. Awareness brings a change in the impact. New theory comes along claiming the old theory was wrong. Round and round we go.

First time I learned that Psychology undergoes dramatic revision every few decades I immediately thought "Heisenburg Uncertainty" and I've yet to see anything that makes me think I'm wrong.

• Banned
You're messing with my psychotherapist vibes here by getting all scholarly and such...

Are you telling me that in this target rich environment you chose Dr Gump? hell woman, I would foot the bill if I could sit in the corner and listen while Ravi or TruthMatters or CircleJerk were psychoanalyzed.

True, my first consideration was rtard.

But I thought, given grump's penchant for sending me foul neg reps which occasionally focus on my weight (or my weight as he imagines it) he would be the more interesting specimen. Rtard, though certainly interesting, does not fixate so adamantly.

XO is really the supreme poobah, but I doubt my ability to cure him. I know it would take more than 5 weeks, at any rate, and I'm fairly certain electroshocktherapy would be in order. That is problematic when using a messageboard as the couch.

Besides, one of my recurring fantasies is to use a cattle prod on XO so I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to be his therapist...

Forum List

Back