You look at the map of states won

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
and its a sea of red for Romney.

You see blue along the west coast and upper midwest. And some stuff on the East coast.

2012electoralmapresultsfinal110812.jpg

That's just your brain rationalizing what your eyes can't stand to see.

Those big square states are sparsely populated compared to the east and CA

You see blue along the west coast and upper midwest. And some stuff on the East coast.

The rural areas tend to have more low-information voters. Both sides advertised ferociously in many if not most of the blue states; the persons there made a decision based on that information and the President won easily. Had it gone another week, Romney may have lost even worse.

What else is funny, ignoring the vast emptiness of Alaska, if you connect all the blue states together in the same manner as the red, it's more or less a similar size.

It's just an illusion ginscpy, try it sober.

Romney got the Confederacy, the fly-over states and Alaskan frozen tundra. So much white can't deliver the WH anymore.

Regards from Rosie

It's even more interesting to look at the individual state maps. Looking at the National Map it's easy to get the idea the Country is divided into a few large areas. But take just Michigan for example and look at the State Red Blue Map. You literally have a couple counties in the SE, and a few others scattered around college towns the Rest of Michigan is a sea of Red.

If you didn't know how many people lived in each county and looked at the MI map you would conclude the GOP dominated Michigan.

Reminds me of a book I once read, Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. One of the places he visited was an island in the sky, Laputa, where the arrogant snobs all lived who considered themselves smarter than people who lived elsewhere but were unable to use all that intelligence for practical ends, and tossing rocks down at the populations below themselves for no reason.

You wanna see something.
Look at the breakdown of Ohio by congressional districts....
The state is red with the exception of 4 maybe 5 districts...

Romney won 90% of the state but lost the large population districts.

I'm a bit tired of hearing from the lefties about how the country has decided that they want higher taxes...

Bullshit.

Obama won the high-crime area vote.......................................................

You wanna see something.

I'm a bit tired of hearing from the lefties about how the country has decided that they want higher taxes...

Bullshit.

Why does it matter if people in more sparsely populated areas voted more for one or the other?

Why is it surprising that it looks like it's more on the map?

You wanna see something.

Bullshit.
I'm tired of people not showing their identifications in certain states and hearing brags later of them voting dozens of times apiece. You put that in the overseeing of a big community activist group with asocial norms like ACORN that tells people to vote dozens of times apiece and go dark, and that means the real population is underrepresented.

Bullshit.

Elections are won by carrying voters, not acres.

Winning the places where there aren't people and losing the places where there are isn't quite as impressive as you seem to think.

Bullshit.

Elections are won by carrying voters, not acres.

Winning the places where there aren't people and losing the places where there are isn't quite as impressive as you seem to think.

Where there aren't People? LOL

I guess the 60 some odd Million People who voted for Romney or the 180 some off Million who didn't vote, just are not people.

lol

President Obama recieved over 3 million more votes than Governor Romney. He won 332 electorial votes. Acreage does not vote, people do.

Where there aren't People? LOL

I guess the 60 some odd Million People who voted for Romney or the 180 some off Million who didn't vote, just are not people.

lol

Spoiler alert, most of those Romney voters lived in urban areas, too, just like most other people. This country is over 80% urban.

Forum List

Back