You Know You're Living in 2005 when......

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have instant messaging.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 30, 40 or 50 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

14. You actually scroll back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

Your favorite message board goes down for a few hours and it throws you into a fit of despair

KarlMarx said:
Your favorite message board goes down for a few hours and it throws you into a fit of despair

or you go to anyone who's not working and ask them if they are having internet trouble....unless you are at home, and you reboot your computer, reset your internet connection (cable modem, wireless box, etc), and verify all your security settings before you decide just to check back later.

Adam's Apple said:
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
i actually learned how to play on a computer. besides, its much more fun to compete with my grandpa for best time. so far, I have him beat with 72 seconds.

Adam's Apple said:
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

only because the walls have ears, and gossip spreads faster than speed of sound.

Adam's Apple said:
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

actually, i use my nextel 2-way to let Tim know I am home so HE can carry the bags in. i go get the food, he brings it all in.

Adam's Apple said:
Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 30, 40 or 50 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
only because it is winter, and if something were to happen to me in the car or anywhere, Tim is instantly able to be contacted, as is my son's sitter and any family who is home. when i got rear-ended 2 months ago, he was the first person i called on my phone. actually, i used the 2 way. faster than dialing out, and uses no cell minutes. I find the cell phone vital right now that I am pregnant.

Forum List

Back