You Know What We Need Right Now Is...

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
A good ol' world war.

It would stimulate the global economy.

As casualties increase, so do job openings.

I would help with overpopulation.

It would speed up the development of new technologies.

It would increase national unity (liberals and conservatives can put aside their differences for a good war).

With everyone living on rations, Americans would relearn what is valuable in life instead of the current social trend of materialistic consumerism.

Subculture subversiveness tends to bloom during times of war and it would be fun to go through a cultural revolution.

Lowered crime rates.

With the option of joining the military of going to jail, we could cut down on imprisonment costs.

Just look at all the good reasons why there should be a world war!

And here are the bad reasons:

Lots of people die (which happens all the time anyway so what's the big deal!)

Destruction of property (see parantheses above but this time its even less of a big deal)

That's it. The pro's far outweigh the con's.

So who's with me? Let's go provoke China!

Wars do not stimulate the economy, they are always destructive to the economy. If wars stimulated the economy we would not be in a recession because we're currently in two wars and maintaining troops in 130 countries.

Wars do not stimulate the economy, they are always destructive to the economy. If wars stimulated the economy we would not be in a recession because we're currently in two wars and maintaining troops in 130 countries.

What about WWII? Wasn't that one of the contributing factors to the US, and much of the modern world at the time, finally getting out of the Depression?

What about WWII? Wasn't that one of the contributing factors to the US, and much of the modern world at the time, finally getting out of the Depression?

No. The Great Depression didn't end until after World War 2 and the government let go of its death grip over the economy.

There we go. War bad idea, bad deal all the way around!

You already have two wars going on and they're not working.

Besides, a war between the US and China? We'd all go bankrupt.
So would China...Bad Idea.

Yeah, I meant all as in everyone in the world.
I agree...How we gonna get those assholes over there in Iraq and Afghanistan to be decent? Maybe the rest of the world should chip in a police force for these destinations around the world that murder and pillage the people?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/siBX0i1EIWk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/siBX0i1EIWk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Do you have a flag? :tongue:

WWIII is being born now, even as we speak in the Middle East, Korea, Isreal, Iran, and other places. The world is in labor with this "baby"...

Forum List

Back