You know what political insult we never hear anymore about Obama?

Who ever called Obama a pacifist?
He promised to end wars and created the impression among his supporters that he was anti war. Now they are caterwauling when they discover they've been duped.
Nobel Prize winner, indeed.

I'm talking posters on this board and pundits, not actual republican bureacrats.

Essentially everyone on this board and every talking head with a microphone in front of him on the republican side called him a pacifist.

I've been a long time poster on this board and I never called him a pacifist. So I guess you're wrong about that too.
Find another straw man to kick.

Who ever called Obama a pacifist?
He promised to end wars and created the impression among his supporters that he was anti war. Now they are caterwauling when they discover they've been duped.
Nobel Prize winner, indeed.

I'm talking posters on this board and pundits, not actual republican bureacrats.

Essentially everyone on this board and every talking head with a microphone in front of him on the republican side called him a pacifist.

I've been a long time poster on this board and I never called him a pacifist. So I guess you're wrong about that too.

Weird that you'd be offended by me saying you may have potentially insulted Obama.

My bad, all republicans I remember talking about how tough Obama would be on the middle east and that they were confident he'd continue with a Bush-style foreign policy in the area.

I may need another bottle of white out to revise the rest of the history book I'm writing here.

Nobody ever calls him a pacifist anymore.

Think about that, seems Republicans subconciously are probably happy about the way Obomba has been exposed in terms of his foreign policy.

You also see a looooot of tippy-toeing by Democrats, "what can we say that will make it possible for us to cheer on these wars while also being able to pull the anti-war card?"

American politics can be very interesting sometimes, not enlightening, but interesting.

I don't recall a lot of "pacifist" calling, but I do recall a Nobel Peace Prize for talking about ending war.

I certainly beleived he would suck as a Pres, and he hasn't proven me wrong so far.
The best he has done was do a surge in AFG just like Bush did in Iraq. The only difference, obamas didn't work cuz he 1/2 assed it.

Then the UN declares war for us and we follow France [seriously, we are following the flop monkeys in] into a war that has zero to do with us.

And that will be the last nail in his re-election coffin.

given the candidates so far (bachman, gingrich, romney et al), i wouldn't be in a hurry to get out your hammer, bud.

Weird that you'd be offended by me saying you may have potentially insulted Obama.

My bad, all republicans I remember talking about how tough Obama would be on the middle east and that they were confident he'd continue with a Bush-style foreign policy in the area.

I may need another bottle of white out to revise the rest of the history book I'm writing here.

Is pacifist synonymous with anti-war? I definitely remembering hearing how he was anti-war.

Note he was the anti-war candidate in the Dem primary. In the general election, his rhetoric was far less anti-war.

Imo, out of all the issues, Obama has move right the furthest fastest on executive authority, extrajudicial issues, and military policy. He's pretty hawkish, something many Republicans and blue dogs should be grateful for.

Think about that, seems Republicans subconciously are probably happy about the way Obomba has been exposed in terms of his foreign policy.

You also see a looooot of tippy-toeing by Democrats, "what can we say that will make it possible for us to cheer on these wars while also being able to pull the anti-war card?"

American politics can be very interesting sometimes, not enlightening, but interesting.

you are correct,, it surprised the heck out of me to find you hypocritical liberals are war mongerers. Yesp

I guess you forgot to read the history of the last hundred years. Democrats have taken us to war plenty of times.

Democrats took us to war in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc.
WW2? I was taught it was the Japanese.....what textbook were YOU reading?

Btw, is pacifism really a political insult? Maybe during the Cold War era. But today? Considering how we are mired in ME conflict with so many domestic issues bubbling over I suspect there's a significant chunk of independents that would prefer the pacifist label, rather than trigger-happy hawk.

I don't remember anyone ever calling him a pacifist.

Amazing I'm hearing this on here, I'm not saying you're lying, but I heard it on here ad nauseum.

The man wanted to bomb pakistan during the 08 campaign. Not really something I'd associate with pacifism. If I had ever heard the accusation, i hardly took it seriously.

The man has also been more than willing to use violent rhetoric against his opponents. Again, not really the actions of a pacifist.

I don't recall a lot of "pacifist" calling, but I do recall a Nobel Peace Prize for talking about ending war.

I certainly beleived he would suck as a Pres, and he hasn't proven me wrong so far.
The best he has done was do a surge in AFG just like Bush did in Iraq. The only difference, obamas didn't work cuz he 1/2 assed it.

Then the UN declares war for us and we follow France [seriously, we are following the flop monkeys in] into a war that has zero to do with us.

given the candidates so far (bachman, gingrich, romney et al), i wouldn't be in a hurry to get out your hammer, bud.

Don't need one.

Obama is doing this to himself. Hell even msn is having a hard time coping with all his gaffs and complete and utter lack of leadership.

Btw, is pacifism really a political insult? Maybe during the Cold War era. But today? Considering how we are mired in ME conflict with so many domestic issues bubbling over I suspect there's a significant chunk of independents that would prefer the pacifist label, rather than trigger-happy hawk.

With how big of a disaster the War in Afghanistan has been in the future I won't even support a war in which we've been attacked first. I'll just advocate for stronger defense so each time we're attacked we can squash it and that'll end the attacks.

Don't need one.

Obama is doing this to himself. Hell even msn is having a hard time coping with all his gaffs and complete and utter lack of leadership.

call me crazy, but i'd like to have a president who isn't a complete douchenozzle.

given that any of the likely repub candidates represents a change in nozzle spray pattern rather than an upgrade to a non-douchenozzle, i'll probably be doing the same hing in 2012 as i did in 2008.

Don't need one.

call me crazy, but i'd like to have a president who isn't a complete douchenozzle.

given that any of the likely repub candidates represents a change in nozzle spray pattern rather than an upgrade to a non-douchenozzle, i'll probably be doing the same hing in 2012 as i did in 2008.

go for it.

In the mean time, I will be looking for someone with leadership skills and pride in America.

Forum List

Back