You just have to look at Detroit to see that giving so much entitlements dont work

Funny, those people USED to have jobs.

I mean there used to be JOBS there. LOW UNEMPLOYMENT. What happened?

One MIGHT make the argument that CAPITALISM failed them first, huh?

Did you watch the video.
I think the UNIONS failed them first beyond anything else

It's common sense.. if your kid's a fuck up who can't get it right, or maybe is just down on his luck, you don't just throw money at them.

There have to be conditions and goals that must be met.. and the help has to be finite.

I was watching the reality show, "Hard Core Pawn" on the history channel the other night.

It's about a real Pawn Shop located right in the middle of the hood in Detroit.

The native Detroit people who frequent the store are the most uneducated, rude, and obnoxious people you have ever seen.

One woman wanted to pawn her TV for $200 dollars. When they told her it wasn't even worth a $100.

She became belligerent, saying; "I want my $200 dollars" and "somebody's going to give me my $200 dollars".

There were several other people with the same attitude of demanding money from the pawn brokers.

As though they were "entitled" to be paid for any piece of junk they happened to bring into the store.

Detroit was once the epicenter of American innovation and entrepreneurship and accordingly, the UAW has done everything in its power to make the city a world class failure and they've succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

detroit-packard-plant-20080815-171843.jpg

(No fuel, no food, no police, no protection. Gangs of addicts roaming the city looking for drugs or the money to buy more drugs.)

"Do you want to know what the future of America is going to look like? Just check out what is happening to Detroit. The city of Detroit was once one of the greatest industrial cities in the history of the world, but today it is a rotting, decaying, post-apocalyptic hellhole. Nearly half the men are unemployed, nearly half the population is functionally illiterate, more than half of the children are living in poverty and the city government is drowning in debt. As economic conditions have gotten worse, crime has absolutely exploded. Every single night in Detroit there are frightening confrontations between desperate criminals and exasperated homeowners. Unfortunately, the police force in Detroit has been dramatically reduced in size. When the police in Detroit are called, they often show up very late if they even show up at all. Detroit has become a lawless hellhole where violence is the currency of the streets. If you want to survive in Detroit, you better be ready to fight because there are hordes of desperate criminals that are quite eager to take literally everything that you have got. But don't look down on Detroit too much, because what is happening in Detroit will soon be happening all over America."

20 Things We Can Learn About The Future Of America From The Death Of Detroit

Or one could make the correct argument that the unions were bailed out, Fiat never repaid their loan to the US and GM is refinancing at lower rates ......all the while the taxpayer is left fleeced and holding a nice bag of dung.

Capitalism failed Detroit by making it so rich that it became too shiny a target, impossible for leftists not to exploit into oblivion.

Forum List

Back