You Just Can't Win

disgusting.. and you assholes wonder why we don't fall on our faces and worship democrats.. jeez!

A smart leader trys to find smarter people as his/her advisors.

An inadequate leader finds less threatening people as his/her advisors.

Obama will have his hands full herding these cats in the same direction, but if successful will be able to accomplish a lot in his two terms.:eusa_pray::clap2:

I guess conservatives must write libtard history books.:lol:

Well you good with assumptions to support your views, but, how about some facts?

Let me share a few with you. Obama's voting record is one sided political ideology.

Go look it up!

Obama when caught to be wrong and even given multiple opportunities to admit it, refused to do so. Sadly it was embarrassing it was like watching a kid with his hand in the cookie jar, demanding he didn't know where the cookie jar was.

Go look it up!

So I must wonder about your assumptions. How can a man who has only projected through substance, not words one type of ideology get those of various ideologies mold together?

Second, how can a man who is not capable of admitting he is wrong, even when factual truth is staring him directly in the face, be humble enough to take advice from those more intelligent in specific areas than himself?

Now, I'm not saying it isn't possible, but, what I am asking is, what is your opinion based on? Certainly not substance or track record.

You see, very early on Obama caught my attention because of his intellect and speaking ability. Further, I agreed with him on some of his proposed ideas. However, promising change does not excite me. Sharing the wishful thinking of hope, does not excite me. I went looking for the substance which supported his words. I am still looking for it.

I hope he becomes the best president ever, as that would benefit the entire nation, but, simply because I was not thrilled with Bush and simply because Obama speaks a good game, does not mean that he can deliver, most of all when his past actions, all the way back to community organizer, do not support his message.

Obama thus far is rewriting the past. His rebate to businesses for hiring employees? Well that was tried and failed during the Carter years, yet Obama is still taking from that play book. He is also taking from the Clinton play book. Now, some of those things may not be all bad, but, our domestic situation is much different from when Clinton was in office and so is the International situation.

So why don't you try focusing on reality a little bit and stop with the assumptions and liberal stump lines. :eusa_whistle:

I honestly don't think you want to compare Sec. Rice qualifications with Sen. Clintons as Sen. Clinton will not fare very well against her at all. In fact let's see you have someone who is currently the Sec. of State that speaks fluently 6 different languages, has a P.H.D. in International studies and has been involved in international affiars for over 20 years. Now while Sen. Clinton has many qualifications that make her a good Senator for the state of New York those same one's may or may not translate to the international community it remains to be seen as she has ZERO experience in international affairs other than as First Lady. So to compare Sec. Rice with Sen. Clinton is a little bit of a stretch to say the least when it comes to qualifications.

Oh come on NAVY, your asking them to think in reality and substance. Your asking them to lay down fabrication and to embrace factual data.

Please, please, spare them such torture. :whip:

I hope he becomes the best president ever, as that would benefit the entire nation, but, simply because I was not thrilled with Bush and simply because Obama speaks a good game, does not mean that he can deliver, most of all when his past actions, all the way back to community organizer, do not support his message.

Obama does have the benefit of following one of the worst Presidents in history. All he has to do is perform slightly better than Bush, and he'll be hailed as the greatest human being to ever live. It's sad, really.

Oh no...no no no...you people can't have it both ways. Either you're honest in a campaign, or you're not. Double standards are not allowed.

well personally I don't give a shit. I didn't think Hillary should be President and I actually don't think she should be SOS but it's not my call on that one.

and if we're talking honesty in a campaign Hillary is on of the biggest liars out there....much worse than Obama that's for sure.

He's putting the right people who have the right connections and possibly attend social events that majority of voters wouldn't even have a chance attending. It is smart to hang with the certain group of individuals who further you and your buddies at the country self-interest.

well personally I don't give a shit. I didn't think Hillary should be President and I actually don't think she should be SOS but it's not my call on that one.

and if we're talking honesty in a campaign Hillary is on of the biggest liars out there....much worse than Obama that's for sure.

See, that's the thing. I've said all along politicians lie, even Hillary, McCain, and especially Obama.

Your lot wouldn't even admit that Obama lies, until now.

You disgust me with your double standards and your backpedalling. No wonder you voted for Obama, you're just as bad as he is.

But, the Obama administration is shaping up to be something I can get behind. So far, he's appointed moderates who served under Clinton. I'm okay with that. You hippie liberals have gotten nothing so far, and I laugh at it.

Last edited:
disgusting.. and you assholes wonder why we don't fall on our faces and worship democrats.. jeez!

Worship and tolerate are two totally different things.

I don't recall any democrat asking for your worship. Maybe it's dog nip, asshole?:lol:

Obama does have the benefit of following one of the worst Presidents in history. All he has to do is perform slightly better than Bush, and he'll be hailed as the greatest human being to ever live. It's sad, really.

The art of politics.

If you want to look really good, follow somebody who was really bad.

I see someone commented on the foreign policy the last 8 years, as if it was any better under Clintoon and papa Bush.

Frankly, it's sucked for 20 years, not just the last 8, so spare us about it just being bush, it was Clintoon and Papa who also sucked.

Worship and tolerate are two totally different things.

I don't recall any democrat asking for your worship. Maybe it's dog nip, asshole?:lol:

well, it's a good thing cause you ain't gonna get worship,, much less respect,, well maybe as much respect as you guys gave... but nothing more. now that's fair.

The proof is in the pudding, Navy.

Has our foreign policy been to your liking in the last 8 years?

Thats very hard for me to answer, in one respect it has been an unmitigated disaster. Still if the measure is the safety of U.S. citizens here from attack since 9-11 then one cannot argue with the fact that there has been no terrorist attack here since then. In fact the intelligence failures and foreign policy snafu's are not something that is a recent invention or new to the Bush Administration. In fact I would argue that these failures have been going on since the Government decided that the intelligence community in this nation needed to conform to set of norms that the enemy's they are expected to gather intelligence from do not adhere too. As a former Naval officer and this is just my personal opinion, invading Iraq was uncalled for, and there was no military justification for doing so other than UN sanction violations and they were at the time of invasion completely contained by the US Navy and US Air Force. However, once committed to battle this nation should not have committed to it in a half assed manner and as again this an opinion while war is a brutal endevour it should be prosecuted in such a way as to leave not one shred of doubt as to the outcome. As we are there the mission needs to be completed to a successful end as unilateral withdrawl will have more consequences than letting the mission come to a successful end. As for Afghanistan, IMHO the mission there was completely justified in the attempt to supress the direct threat that terrorist groups posed to this nation. Again though IMHO it was prosecuted cheaply and has led to a protracted conflict. I submit, that the initial target Bin Laden no longer matters as regardless if he is alive or dead he is effectivly nutralized. If he should appear anywhere in the world other than a cave in a remote area he will be eliminated, so in one respect the mission has done it's job well. The way these two wars were initially procecuted though IMHO are a direct result of a doctine from Don Rumsfelds DoD which did not adhere to the doctrine of total warefare of which I am a proponent. You can see the difference between the two donctrines in the way the first gulf war was prosecuted and the latest one. 1. Define the mission 2. Prosecute it with such force as to leave no doubt as to the victor 3. Have a clear exit plan and defined end of mission. So to answer your question, there have been more than a few foreign policy fumbles however IMHO I believe that Sec. Rice has been a good Sec. of State in that she placed this nation first and the ideals of and values of ALL other nations second to that.

Forum List

Back