You haven't lost anything until you sell

Yeah... Unfortunately.... there are people who retired last week and need to live on what they've saved up through investing. Which is why I am against Privatizing Social Security.

But for those not in that position... you are correct.

It is far to volitile for use in building retirement security for sure.

Yeah... Unfortunately.... there are people who retired last week and need to live on what they've saved up through investing. Which is why I am against Privatizing Social Security.

Except for the fact that SocSec is broke, you'd be correct which is why anybody who understands it is for privatizing SocSec.

Dems 2008: These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2011: These two entities — Social Security and Medicare — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Except for the fact that SocSec is broke, you'd be correct which is why anybody who understands it is for privatizing SocSec.

Dems 2008: These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2011: These two entities — Social Security and Medicare — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

yea, privatizing it is a good idea when everytime the world farts burps or coughs their retirement is at a big time risk like this. strong idea.

If you retired last week most of your $$ should be in bond funds or money markets. Those should weather any stock market volitility.

As for someone my age (36) I am looking forward to the extra shares my 401k deduction will buy this tuesday.

With 20+ years to retirement its all about the Share count.

yea, privatizing it is a good idea when everytime the world farts burps or coughs their retirement is at a big time risk like this. strong idea.

No, seriously, this isn't a D or R issue, you need to understand the government spent all the Social Security Fund. They can only pay current benefits by current borrowing. It's NOT AT ALL LIKE a Bond fund that buys assets you can sell.

Besides not even owning "your" account, the government has "invested" it in totally worthless paper.

You need to look into it

You the one that is nuts. But I do believe your are dumb enough to put all your eggs in one basket.

It is not broke, it actually has a 2.6T surplus and can pay 100% benefits(even accounting for Boomers) until 2037... when(if nothing is done by then) the payout drops to 78%.

As for the rest of your post... just more bullshit.

No, seriously, this isn't a D or R issue, you need to understand the government spent all the Social Security Fund. They can only pay current benefits by current borrowing. It's NOT AT ALL LIKE a Bond fund that buys assets you can sell.

Besides not even owning "your" account, the government has "invested" it in totally worthless paper.

You need to look into it

Like I said: :cuckoo:

The Government broke it and will be forced to fix it.
The market crashes and we have a whole populace of poor Elderly to add to the roles. Not a good solution.

please remember that today, you reactionary set of bitches out there. Thanks!

Umm...no.
All of the talking heads want 401k'ers to remain like sheep and leave it in "for the long run". That is because if legions of 401k'ers removed their money from stocks it would cause a major downward decline that would be reminiscent of 2008.
"Leaving your money in" is for suckers, fools. You think these guys leave their money in? Hell NO!
I made a fortune taking my my money out just prior to the 2008 crash and putting it back in after it crashed, removed it again mid-2009, put it back in late 2009 and took it back out before this crash.

Not making money is the same as losing money.

It is not broke, it actually has a 2.6T surplus and can pay 100% benefits(even accounting for Boomers) until 2037... when(if nothing is done by then) the payout drops to 78%.

As for the rest of your post... just more bullshit.

Ah the fruitloop section. There isnt a single dime in that trust fund full of IOUS

It is why the president threatened SS checks.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture3812-100905beelertoon-c20100904014807.jpg

Last edited:

You the one that is nuts. But I do believe your are dumb enough to put all your eggs in one basket.

You "do believe" because you "believe" things short of having sufficient empirical data, i.e. what you just did. Need I say more?

You "do believe" because you "believe" things short of having sufficient empirical data, i.e. what you just did. Need I say more?

ANyone reading your posts has prima facie evidence that you are a world class moron. Although I appreciate your memorializing my best statements in your sig lines.

Oh yeah, and your music sucks.

Last edited:

ANyone reading your posts has prima facie evidence that you are a world class moron. Although I appreciate your memorializing my best statements in your sig lines.

Oh yeah, and your music sucks.

I think you just described yourself, pretty perfectly. It's enjoyful seeing you owned by 87 everytime you try to talk economics.

e.t.a. thanks for helping my page views.

Forum List

Back