You Have to Pinch Yourself

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Skull Pilot, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    The Spectator

...You have to pinch yourself – a Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshipped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it’s considered impolite to say so.

I just though this take from the UK to be interesting.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think it's actually considered too racist to say no. A white man would have never made it this far with the history he has.

3. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    since I'm catching up on some reading and haven't seen this WSJ piece here yet, I'll add it to this thread rather than start a new one.

A Liberal Supermajority - WSJ.com

Mr. Obama wants to build a public insurance program, modeled after Medicare and open to everyone of any income. According to the Lewin Group, the gold standard of health policy analysis, the Obama plan would shift between 32 million and 52 million from private coverage to the huge new entitlement. Like Medicare or the Canadian system, this would never be repealed....

The business climate. "We have some harsh decisions to make," Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned recently, speaking about retribution for the financial panic. Look for a replay of the Pecora hearings of the 1930s, with Henry Waxman, John Conyers and Ed Markey sponsoring ritual hangings to further their agenda to control more of the private economy. The financial industry will get an overhaul in any case, but telecom, biotech and drug makers, among many others, can expect to be investigated and face new, more onerous rules. See the "Issues and Legislation" tab on Mr. Waxman's Web site for a not-so-brief target list....

- Union supremacy. One program certain to be given right of way is "card check." Unions have been in decline for decades, now claiming only 7.4% of the private-sector work force, so Big Labor wants to trash the secret-ballot elections that have been in place since the 1930s. The "Employee Free Choice Act" would convert workplaces into union shops merely by gathering signatures from a majority of employees, which means organizers could strongarm those who opposed such a petition.

The bill also imposes a compulsory arbitration regime that results in an automatic two-year union "contract" after 130 days of failed negotiation. The point is to force businesses to recognize a union whether the workers support it or not. This would be the biggest pro-union shift in the balance of labor-management power since the Wagner Act of 1935....

- Taxes. Taxes will rise substantially, the only question being how high. Mr. Obama would raise the top income, dividend and capital-gains rates for "the rich," substantially increasing the cost of new investment in the U.S. More radically, he wants to lift or eliminate the cap on income subject to payroll taxes that fund Medicare and Social Security. This would convert what was meant to be a pension insurance program into an overt income redistribution program. It would also impose a probably unrepealable increase in marginal tax rates, and a permanent shift upward in the federal tax share of GDP.

- The green revolution. A tax-and-regulation scheme in the name of climate change is a top left-wing priority. Cap and trade would hand Congress trillions of dollars in new spending from the auction of carbon credits, which it would use to pick winners and losers in the energy business and across the economy. Huge chunks of GDP and millions of jobs would be at the mercy of Congress and a vast new global-warming bureaucracy. Without the GOP votes to help stage a filibuster, Senators from carbon-intensive states would have less ability to temper coastal liberals who answer to the green elites.

- Free speech and voting rights. A liberal supermajority would move quickly to impose procedural advantages that could cement Democratic rule for years to come. One early effort would be national, election-day voter registration. This is a long-time goal of Acorn and others on the "community organizer" left and would make it far easier to stack the voter rolls. The District of Columbia would also get votes in Congress -- Democratic, naturally.

Felons may also get the right to vote nationwide, while the Fairness Doctrine is likely to be reimposed either by Congress or the Obama FCC. A major goal of the supermajority left would be to shut down talk radio and other voices of political opposition.

- Special-interest potpourri. Look for the watering down of No Child Left Behind testing standards, as a favor to the National Education Association. The tort bar's ship would also come in, including limits on arbitration to settle disputes and watering down the 1995 law limiting strike suits. New causes of legal action would be sprinkled throughout most legislation. The anti-antiterror lobby would be rewarded with the end of Guantanamo and military commissions, which probably means trying terrorists in civilian courts. Google and MoveOn.org would get "net neutrality" rules, subjecting the Internet to intrusive regulation for the first time.

Just a few things to look forward to in an Obama administration if the liberal super majority holds.

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    You guys are getting real nervous aren't you? It would be amusing if the efforts weren't so pathetic.

As for good ole Melanie Phillips, I'm sure we've gotten an objective "OPINION" from the woman who called London "Londonistan".

Yeppers...

BTW, reprinting the right wing trash in the form of opinion pieces repeating the right wing trash... doesn't make it any less right wing trash.

:cool:

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    I can't tell you how impressed I am to see one American take some shit written by a non-American and use it to spread hate. Why don't you just phone Osama bin Laden and ask him who we should elect?

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    He didn't claim it to be an objective opinion. What part of the article do you think is a lie ?

7. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    You'd have to pinch yourself in wonderment of how anyone could think there is any value in such mindless ignorance and still figure out how to go to the bathroom all by himself.

I tell you, wonders never cease.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  8. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm voting libertarian. These are just articles out there that none of you Obama worshipers are talking about. And of course you couldn't even think Philips' opinion was in any way valid because she criticizes BHO. How dare she?

even Jesse jackson has his opinions on what an Obama administration will mean.

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm

PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

and jesse should know because...

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."

Just one more credible mainstream voice for BHO

9. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    I don't support Obama .. but it hardly takes being an OBama supporter to recognize the utter stupidity of the article, nor its intended racist purpose.

Went to see Jesse last night and listened to him explain his commenst in Paris.

One of the very reasons that Obama is going to be the president is because of JESSE JACKSON who brought proportional representation to the Democratic Party .. without which, the idiot author of the article would now be writing all the hate-filled shit she could muster about Hillary Clinton.

Of course, I told Jesse that I agreed with him about Obama the first time .. but I don't beleve he has any balls to cut off.

10. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,092
    And there it is again.

the ultra sensitivity of the BHO worshiper.

The fact that you dicsiples of the chosen one are so quick to label anyone who criticizes BHO as hateful or ignorant seem to me to beg the question.

Why the hell are you all so emotionally involved with a politician? What don't you want people to know about Obama that when ever someone criticizes him you resort to personal attacks on the person raising the question?

If a JM supporter cried foul every time one of you in like fashion would you wonder what they're trying to hide. I would.

Let's see if every time one of you knocked JM if hundreds of his supporters called for lawsuits and then tried to claim that if you don't like JM you must hate all people who fought in viet nam and all soldiers in general like the way BHO supporters play the race card at any criticism, wouldn't you think that those people were just a bit unhinged?

You don't see that in yourselves? because i sure do.