You Have to Pinch Yourself

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
The Spectator

...You have to pinch yourself – a Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshipped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it’s considered impolite to say so.

I just though this take from the UK to be interesting.

The Spectator

...You have to pinch yourself – a Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshipped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it’s considered impolite to say so.

I think it's actually considered too racist to say no. A white man would have never made it this far with the history he has.

since I'm catching up on some reading and haven't seen this WSJ piece here yet, I'll add it to this thread rather than start a new one.

A Liberal Supermajority - WSJ.com

Mr. Obama wants to build a public insurance program, modeled after Medicare and open to everyone of any income. According to the Lewin Group, the gold standard of health policy analysis, the Obama plan would shift between 32 million and 52 million from private coverage to the huge new entitlement. Like Medicare or the Canadian system, this would never be repealed....

The business climate. "We have some harsh decisions to make," Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned recently, speaking about retribution for the financial panic. Look for a replay of the Pecora hearings of the 1930s, with Henry Waxman, John Conyers and Ed Markey sponsoring ritual hangings to further their agenda to control more of the private economy. The financial industry will get an overhaul in any case, but telecom, biotech and drug makers, among many others, can expect to be investigated and face new, more onerous rules. See the "Issues and Legislation" tab on Mr. Waxman's Web site for a not-so-brief target list....

- Union supremacy. One program certain to be given right of way is "card check." Unions have been in decline for decades, now claiming only 7.4% of the private-sector work force, so Big Labor wants to trash the secret-ballot elections that have been in place since the 1930s. The "Employee Free Choice Act" would convert workplaces into union shops merely by gathering signatures from a majority of employees, which means organizers could strongarm those who opposed such a petition.

The bill also imposes a compulsory arbitration regime that results in an automatic two-year union "contract" after 130 days of failed negotiation. The point is to force businesses to recognize a union whether the workers support it or not. This would be the biggest pro-union shift in the balance of labor-management power since the Wagner Act of 1935....

- Taxes. Taxes will rise substantially, the only question being how high. Mr. Obama would raise the top income, dividend and capital-gains rates for "the rich," substantially increasing the cost of new investment in the U.S. More radically, he wants to lift or eliminate the cap on income subject to payroll taxes that fund Medicare and Social Security. This would convert what was meant to be a pension insurance program into an overt income redistribution program. It would also impose a probably unrepealable increase in marginal tax rates, and a permanent shift upward in the federal tax share of GDP.

- The green revolution. A tax-and-regulation scheme in the name of climate change is a top left-wing priority. Cap and trade would hand Congress trillions of dollars in new spending from the auction of carbon credits, which it would use to pick winners and losers in the energy business and across the economy. Huge chunks of GDP and millions of jobs would be at the mercy of Congress and a vast new global-warming bureaucracy. Without the GOP votes to help stage a filibuster, Senators from carbon-intensive states would have less ability to temper coastal liberals who answer to the green elites.

- Free speech and voting rights. A liberal supermajority would move quickly to impose procedural advantages that could cement Democratic rule for years to come. One early effort would be national, election-day voter registration. This is a long-time goal of Acorn and others on the "community organizer" left and would make it far easier to stack the voter rolls. The District of Columbia would also get votes in Congress -- Democratic, naturally.

Felons may also get the right to vote nationwide, while the Fairness Doctrine is likely to be reimposed either by Congress or the Obama FCC. A major goal of the supermajority left would be to shut down talk radio and other voices of political opposition.

- Special-interest potpourri. Look for the watering down of No Child Left Behind testing standards, as a favor to the National Education Association. The tort bar's ship would also come in, including limits on arbitration to settle disputes and watering down the 1995 law limiting strike suits. New causes of legal action would be sprinkled throughout most legislation. The anti-antiterror lobby would be rewarded with the end of Guantanamo and military commissions, which probably means trying terrorists in civilian courts. Google and MoveOn.org would get "net neutrality" rules, subjecting the Internet to intrusive regulation for the first time.

Just a few things to look forward to in an Obama administration if the liberal super majority holds.

You guys are getting real nervous aren't you? It would be amusing if the efforts weren't so pathetic.

As for good ole Melanie Phillips, I'm sure we've gotten an objective "OPINION" from the woman who called London "Londonistan".

Yeppers...

BTW, reprinting the right wing trash in the form of opinion pieces repeating the right wing trash... doesn't make it any less right wing trash.

:cool:

I can't tell you how impressed I am to see one American take some shit written by a non-American and use it to spread hate. Why don't you just phone Osama bin Laden and ask him who we should elect?

You guys are getting real nervous aren't you? It would be amusing if the efforts weren't so pathetic.

As for good ole Melanie Phillips, I'm sure we've gotten an objective "OPINION" from the woman who called London "Londonistan".

Yeppers...

BTW, reprinting the right wing trash in the form of opinion pieces repeating the right wing trash... doesn't make it any less right wing trash.

:cool:

He didn't claim it to be an objective opinion. What part of the article do you think is a lie ?

You'd have to pinch yourself in wonderment of how anyone could think there is any value in such mindless ignorance and still figure out how to go to the bathroom all by himself.

I tell you, wonders never cease.

Last edited:

Yeppers...

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm voting libertarian. These are just articles out there that none of you Obama worshipers are talking about. And of course you couldn't even think Philips' opinion was in any way valid because she criticizes BHO. How dare she?

even Jesse jackson has his opinions on what an Obama administration will mean.

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm

PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

and jesse should know because...

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."

Just one more credible mainstream voice for BHO

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm voting libertarian. These are just articles out there that none of you Obama worshipers are talking about. And of course you couldn't even think Philips' opinion was in any way valid because she criticizes BHO. How dare she?

even Jesse jackson has his opinions on what an Obama administration will mean.

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/the_o_jesse_knows_133450.htm

PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

and jesse should know because...

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."

Just one more credible mainstream voice for BHO

I don't support Obama .. but it hardly takes being an OBama supporter to recognize the utter stupidity of the article, nor its intended racist purpose.

Went to see Jesse last night and listened to him explain his commenst in Paris.

One of the very reasons that Obama is going to be the president is because of JESSE JACKSON who brought proportional representation to the Democratic Party .. without which, the idiot author of the article would now be writing all the hate-filled shit she could muster about Hillary Clinton.

Of course, I told Jesse that I agreed with him about Obama the first time .. but I don't beleve he has any balls to cut off.

I can't tell you how impressed I am to see one American take some shit written by a non-American and use it to spread hate. Why don't you just phone Osama bin Laden and ask him who we should elect?

And there it is again.

the ultra sensitivity of the BHO worshiper.

The fact that you dicsiples of the chosen one are so quick to label anyone who criticizes BHO as hateful or ignorant seem to me to beg the question.

Why the hell are you all so emotionally involved with a politician? What don't you want people to know about Obama that when ever someone criticizes him you resort to personal attacks on the person raising the question?

If a JM supporter cried foul every time one of you in like fashion would you wonder what they're trying to hide. I would.

Let's see if every time one of you knocked JM if hundreds of his supporters called for lawsuits and then tried to claim that if you don't like JM you must hate all people who fought in viet nam and all soldiers in general like the way BHO supporters play the race card at any criticism, wouldn't you think that those people were just a bit unhinged?

You don't see that in yourselves? because i sure do.

And there it is again.

The fact that you dicsiples of the chosen one are so quick to label anyone who criticizes BHO as hateful or ignorant seem to me to beg the question.

Why the hell are you all so emotionally involved with a politician? What don't you want people to know about Obama that when ever someone criticizes him you resort to personal attacks on the person raising the question?

If a JM supporter cried foul every time one of you in like fashion would you wonder what they're trying to hide. I would.

Let's see if every time one of you knocked JM if hundreds of his supporters called for lawsuits and then tried to claim that if you don't like JM you must hate all people who fought in viet nam and all soldiers in general like the way BHO supporters play the race card at any criticism, wouldn't you think that those people were just a bit unhinged?

And there it is again. The assumption that anyone that sticks up for Americans and/or Obama is a BHO worshiper.

And there it is again.

What you don't see, like every other worshipper at the alter of Beavis and Butthead politics, is that while you spend your time imitating Beavis and Butthead, Obama moves on.

There are a plethora of REAL issues about Obama that your side could have spent more time addressing that would have raised more HONEST questions about Obama than the 8th grade uber-goofiness you love which only raises the question of how old you are?

Beavis and Butthead politics ONLY affects people who are into BEAVIS and BUTTHEAD.

The Spectator

So people in the UK are now spewing the repubs garbage now! And where is the proof Obama himself was a terrorist or a mobster.
ANd we did elect a white man with his same so called record, Kennedy who had more ties to mobsters then Obama does!

Here is something that I don't think that is being taken into consideration by those that are advocating that the "Fairness Doctrine be brought back.

RED LION BROADCASTING CO. v. FCC, 395 U.S. 367 (1969)

MR. JUSTICE WHITE delivered the opinion of the Court.

The Federal Communications Commission has for many years imposed on radio and television broadcasters the requirement that discussion of public issues be presented on broadcast stations, and that each side of those issues must be given fair coverage. This is known as the fairness doctrine, which originated very early in the history of broadcasting and has maintained its present outlines for some time. It is an obligation whose content has been defined in a long series of FCC rulings in particular cases, and which is distinct from the statutory [395 U.S. 367, 370] requirement of 315 of the Communications Act 1 that equal time be allotted all qualified candidates for public office. Two aspects of the fairness doctrine, relating to personal attacks in the context of controversial public issues and to political editorializing, were codified more precisely in the form of FCC regulations in 1967. The two cases before us now, which were decided separately below, challenge the constitutional and statutory bases of the doctrine and component rules. Red Lion [395 U.S. 367, 371] involves the application of the fairness doctrine to a particular broadcast, and RTNDA arises as an action to review the FCC's 1967 promulgation of the personal attack and political editorializing regulations, which were laid down after the Red Lion litigation had begun.

Let's take this into consideration for a moment, if this is implemented again, then not only would you have this being applied to talk radio , you would have the Keith Olbermans and the Rachal Maddows and the Chris Matthews of the world facing equal time complaints right and left. IMO it would set of a firestorm of legal fights for equal time on just about every single TV and radio station there is on the air today. One more thing to consider in this is the fact that when this decision was made , it was made because of the limited spectrum available for such opinions to be heard. Now that the internet is available and with the advent of cable you have no such issues. So again, if this is not taken into consideration by those who wish it to be brought back they do so at their own peril.

What you don't see, like every other worshipper at the alter of Beavis and Butthead politics, is that while you spend your time imitating Beavis and Butthead, Obama moves on.

There are a plethora of REAL issues about Obama that your side could have spent more time addressing that would have raised more HONEST questions about Obama than the 8th grade uber-goofiness you love which only raises the question of how old you are?

Beavis and Butthead politics ONLY affects people who are into BEAVIS and BUTTHEAD.

again I'm not on a side here. I am not voting Dimocrat nor Repudlican.

I have just never seen such a rabid group as the BHO worshipers. They act as if this politician is beyond reproach and that anyone who dares disagree is to be labeled an ignorant hate filled racist. I am sincerely shocked by the vehemence of this so called unifier's base of supporters.

In the 26 years I've been voting, I have never seen the likes of it.

I have just never seen such a rabid group as the BHO worshipers. They act as if this politician is beyond reproach and that anyone who dares disagree is to be labeled an ignorant hate filled racist. I am sincerely shocked by the vehemence of this so called unifier's base of supporters.

Maybe you should stop calling them Marxist radicals and terrorists...just a thought.

You'd have to pinch yourself in wonderment of how anyone could think there is any value in such mindless ignorance and still figure out how to go to the bathroom all by himself.

I tell you, wonders never cease.
Your so dam repugnantly arrogant i personally dont see how youd make it out of a wet paper bag let alone make it to the bathroom...thats WTH bewilders me........

I don't disagree with some of what you've said. Imagine being black and not supporting Obama ..

However, some of .. make that a great deal of their passion is based on the incredible failures of the past 8 years. SpongeBOb SquarePants could generate such passion if he could articulate a course away fromthe total failure of right-wing politics.

And, keep in mind that a similar passion existed for Reagan .. AND, incredibly still exists for Reagan .. who I considered a dummy with hair and lips that move.

You can lay the passion of Obama supporters on the doorsteps of gross republicans failures.

I don't disagree with some of what you've said. Imagine being black and not supporting Obama ..

However, some of .. make that a great deal of their passion is based on the incredible failures of the past 8 years. SpongeBOb SquarePants could generate such passion if he could articulate a course away fromthe total failure of right-wing politics.

And, keep in mind that a similar passion existed for Reagan .. AND, incredibly still exists for Reagan .. who I considered a dummy with hair and lips that move.

You can lay the passion of Obama supporters on the doorsteps of gross republicans failures.

reagan had lips?
who knew?

New Topics

Forum List

Back