“You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women"

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Hot Air Tennessee Dem on female Republicans: &#8220;You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women&#8221;

Stay classy Sontany...

At a Democratic gathering over the weekend, Sontany said of women Republican state lawmakers: “You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women. You sure can’t find out by how they vote!” State GOP chairman Chris Devaney quickly issued a press release calling her comment “inappropriate and disrespectful” and demanding that various Democrats denounce Sontany.

In her office down the hall from the gritty Legislative Plaza press room, we found Sontany sitting glumly at her desk and wishing we wouldn’t ask her about any of this. “I would just as soon see this not have all the legs that apparently it’s going to take,” she says. “I guess it’s a slow news day.”…

But Sontany adds: “That was a glib, off-the-cuff remark that I made that I really wish I had not done. It was not one of my better thought-out statements and I did not mean it to offend. If I have offended anyone, I’m certainly sorry that I did.”

Michelle Malkin TN Dem attacks female Republicans: &#8220;You have to lift their skirts to find out if they are women.&#8221;

"When liberals can’t handle GOP women, they infantilize, sexualize, demonize, and dehumanize them. I diagnosed the Four Stages of Conservative Female Abuse a few years ago. Here’s how I described the 4th Stage:"

…the final stage of CFA is dehumanization. Conservative women aren’t real women according to the liberal feminist establishment’s definition. Remember when Gloria Steinem called Texas Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison a “female impersonator?” Or when curdled NOW leader Patricia Ireland instructed Democrats to vote only for “authentic” female political candidates? Or when Al Gore’s fashion consultant Naomi Wolf described the foreign-policy analysis of Jeane Kirkpatrick as being “uninflected by the experiences of the female body?”

Sontany Issues Non-Apology Apology in Skirtgate | Pith in the Wind | Nashville Scene

Under fire from the state Republican Party, Rep. Janis Sontany has just made one of those standard "if I offended anyone" non-apologies for the burgeoning scandal that our colleague J.R. Lind already has dubbed "Skirtgate."

Heh... "standard non-apology-apology". True that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZxHA1GOix0]YouTube - Red Eye: Moment of Intolerance and Apology[/ame]

sign me up for that job! it will be like the tsa screeners except for non-pedophiles!

marilynmonroe.jpg

Kind of like the republicans calling every liberal women a lesbian???
Should the republicans have to apologize for questioning a supreme court nominee's sexuality?

Should the republicans have to apologize for questioning a supreme court nominee's sexuality?

If anyone did then yeah, they should aplogize for sure. Got a link there?

The way I heard it, that was yet another case of liberals and their standard identity politics.

She said something stupid and apologized almost immediately.

And, FTR, Malkin's probably got bigger balls than I do
:lol:

Classic dehumanization at issue again. That's fine for USMB and places like it but we ought to expect more from our public servents.

This from the party of Janet Reno and Hillary Clinton. Hell,Bill would'nt even look under those skirts.:lol:

The way I heard it, that was yet another case of liberals and their standard identity politics.

just scroll down or in this case up!

just scroll down or in this case up!

Sorry, you have gone under my head. Besides the fact is that it was the left of center WaPo that started the whole Kagan/lesbo thing. That and the fact that there is nothing wrong with being a lesbo.

Quetioning sexual orientation in a Supreme Court nominee may not be right but is certainly relevant when gay marriage is such a hot political topic. I wasn't aware that vaginas were.

And mocking someones hair is as American as apple pie. Its not nice; but it certainly isn't sexual.

Quetioning sexual orientation in a Supreme Court nominee may not be right but is certainly relevant when gay marriage is such a hot political topic. I wasn't aware that vaginas were.

And mocking someones hair is as American as apple pie. Its not nice; but it certainly isn't sexual.

Carly Fiorina has undergone quite a change in her hairstyle.

I don't know if she's been fighting cancer or she felt that here hair-due needed modernization but she cut her hair off and it seemed to fit in better with your average San Francisco Liberal.

fiorina.jpg
4030857103_12248ed513.jpg

Forum List

Back