You have no right to plant a garden and eat the vegetables

Has anyone bothered to read the actual opinion? How about the Wisconsin statute that is referenced in it? This is not nearly as draconian as some of your jerking knees would suggest. That's more obviously the case if you have a little bit of awareness of how legal language is constructed, so that you might know that "There is no fundamental right to drink unpasteurized milk" does not mean "you may not drink unpasteurized milk," but only that "the state may regulate the production and sale of milk for public health purposes without violating people's fundamental rights."

You may find the statute in question here: http://www.ftcldf.org/news/wi_statute-9724_milk_and_milk_products.pdf. If you scroll down to section 2, you will find that the law does not prohibit people from drinking milk from their own cows, but simply prohibits the SALE of unpasteurized milk.

I could see a huge problem with what some of you guys THINK this decision says, but nothing whatever with what it ACTUALLY says.

I did.

The decision specifically said that you cannot drink milk from a cow even if you own it.

Want to tell me again that I am over reacting even though you are citing the very law that proves the decision is wrong?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back