You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

So I got off the bus on the way to work this morning, and headed down the sidewalk to cross the street. As I approached the driveway into the supermarket parking lot, an old lady in a Mercedes SUV who was looking the other way (at the oncoming traffic), started her right turn and hit me. Knocked me on my ass two feet away from where I started.

Worst thing was that she didn't even realize she had hit me. Had there not been another lady who had gotten off the bus right behind me and who ran up and banged on her window, shouting that she had hit someone, she'd have driven right over me before she even realized I was there.

What a way to start a day.
Glad you are still here to talk about it! Did you call the police? What did they do?

They filed a report for the benefit of her insurance. I assume they ticketed her, but it was so obviously just a stupid accident, and the poor old lady was just in tears. That intersection and that parking lot are well-known to be a nightmare.
Keep talking like that your lottery ticket will be cancelled....first thing ya do is go into the oh my back routine....add a limp while moaning loud …...

:laughing0301:

She was very clearly at fault. All of the cops said it, SHE said it. Her insurance company is going to have to settle with me in some fashion. I dunno how much of a "lottery ticket" it is, since I really wasn't actually injured, and the ER doctor verified that.

On the other hand, she was so oblivious to my presence that she didn't even know she had hit me, and was about to drive her Mercedes over me, so that doesn't look good. If that other lady hadn't HAPPENED to be on that bus that morning for an appointment, I'd be in the hospital now, because no one else was positioned to stop her.

I am an excessively honest person by nature, and although I'm a bad Christian in many ways, I AM still a Christian. I like my soul and my integrity more than I like money.

So I got off the bus on the way to work this morning, and headed down the sidewalk to cross the street. As I approached the driveway into the supermarket parking lot, an old lady in a Mercedes SUV who was looking the other way (at the oncoming traffic), started her right turn and hit me. Knocked me on my ass two feet away from where I started.

Worst thing was that she didn't even realize she had hit me. Had there not been another lady who had gotten off the bus right behind me and who ran up and banged on her window, shouting that she had hit someone, she'd have driven right over me before she even realized I was there.

Glad you are still here to talk about it! Did you call the police? What did they do?

They filed a report for the benefit of her insurance. I assume they ticketed her, but it was so obviously just a stupid accident, and the poor old lady was just in tears. That intersection and that parking lot are well-known to be a nightmare.
Keep talking like that your lottery ticket will be cancelled....first thing ya do is go into the oh my back routine....add a limp while moaning loud …...

She was very clearly at fault. All of the cops said it, SHE said it. Her insurance company is going to have to settle with me in some fashion. I dunno how much of a "lottery ticket" it is, since I really wasn't actually injured, and the ER doctor verified that.

On the other hand, she was so oblivious to my presence that she didn't even know she had hit me, and was about to drive her Mercedes over me, so that doesn't look good. If that other lady hadn't HAPPENED to be on that bus that morning for an appointment, I'd be in the hospital now, because no one else was positioned to stop her.

I am an excessively honest person by nature, and although I'm a bad Christian in many ways, I AM still a Christian. I like my soul and my integrity more than I like money.
Everybody takes everything much to seriously round here.....

Everybody takes everything much to seriously round here.....

I'm a fairly serious sort of person.

Your whining is noted, and dismissed.

My advice is to either man up, or wear a cup.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Your whining is noted, and dismissed.

My advice is to either man up, or wear a cup.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Sorry, you are who, and I care why?

Fine, you're acknowledged, Fido. We know you exist. Now piss off and go beg someone else for attention and validation.

Forum List

Back