You have got to be kidding me!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
San Francisco Passes Law Requiring Radiation Warnings For Cell Phones

“Cell phones cause cancer.” “No they don’t!” “Yes they do.” “No they don’t!“

Back and forth it goes, like the world’s slowest game of tennis. One study spends 6 months proving that cell phones turn you into a giant walking tumor, and another pops up showing that cell phones cause nothing but an increased need to tell people what you’re doing.

Whatever the case, the City of San Francisco seems to be done waiting for a conclusive answer. After a long legal battle, SF’s Supervisors have unanimously approved legislation requiring cell phone shops to warn customers of potential radiation hazards.

“Hey, didn’t something like this pass last year?” Yep. Well, almost. The Board Of Supervisors approved an ordinance requiring each cell phone’s radiation absorption level (or “SAR”) to be posted on the outside of its box, but that law was stifled after the CTIA Wireless Association filed a lawsuit against the city. These ratings being posted everywhere, they suggested, would just confuse consumers into thinking that certain phones were proven to be more dangerous than others.

San Francisco Passes Law Requiring Radiation Warnings For Cell Phones

Talk about nannyism.

Last edited:
No kidding though...the National Cancer Institute did find higher levels of malignant tumors cells in 2010 on a large study they did.
It wasn't a HUGE increase, out of 100,000 brain tumors - they believe 6 can be attributed to heavy cell phone use.

No kidding though...the National Cancer Institute did find higher levels of malignant tumors cells in 2010 on a large study they did.
It wasn't a HUGE increase, out of 100,000 brain tumors - they believe 6 can be attributed to heavy cell phone use.

I've found there's a greater (proven) risk of death, injury and sickness just by waking up in the morning. I think we should post warnings on the ceiling over the bed.

Last edited:

I've found there's a greater (proven) risk of death, injury and sickness just by waking up in the morning. I think we should post warnings on the ceiling over the bed.

Oh I got the point...it is silly to make it a "law"...I mean I think it is pretty much common knowledge that holding a warm battery against your head that emits radio signals for 6 hours a day - is not a good thing. Which is why I personally make it a habit not to talk long on one, and I use my cars bluetooth connection to talk through the cars speakers.

Oh I got the point...it is silly to make it a "law"...I mean I think it is pretty much common knowledge that holding a warm battery against your head that emits radio signals for 6 hours a day - is not a good thing. Which is why I personally make it a habit not to talk long on one, and I use my cars bluetooth connection to talk through the cars speakers.

Two words: Tinfoil hats....... :eusa_whistle:
Oh, I almost forgot, warning labels on the pillows stating sleeping can be hazardous to your health.

If you can't trust your corporations, you trust your lawyer.... it's nice that they're getting almost affordable in non-crisis situations.

Lawyers: The last bastion of free enterprise, busy making economic war against the bureaucracy their profession created.​

* Sarcasm switch: on *

:lol:

I have a solution to fix all these issues. Human gerbil balls.

1.1238315340.me-and-giant-gerbil-ball.jpg

Mine just says "DON'T WORRY - YOU'RE AT HOME."

Over 120,000 people die in car accidents a year.

Outlaw driving.

Make San Franciscans walk.

You're not even safe there, hell earlier today one of our cats got underfoot and in trying to avoid stepping on the cat my wife tripped on my computer carry case (next to the front door) and injured her knee, big toe and arm when she fell.

Outlaw driving.

Or you could do like the Germans and make drivers pass an actual driving test before getting a license.

You're not even safe there, hell earlier today one of our cats got underfoot and in trying to avoid stepping on the cat my wife tripped on my computer carry case (next to the front door) and injured her knee, big toe and arm when she fell.

How's the cat?

Outlaw driving.

Or you could do like the Germans and make drivers pass an actual driving test before getting a license.

That would help......but some folks don't think that way.

They think starving kids is going to stop them from eating and getting obese.

They never discovered exercise works wonders. Germany has Volksmarches. They also have walkways to walk on everywhere. In the US you could get run over.

How's the cat?

:lol: He's fine, of course. The problem was she had pizza for dinner while watching the news and was bringing the plate with left over goodies on it back to the kitchen. He (the cat) loves pizza. :lol:

Stupid law, but might save them from lawsuits in our sue happy society.

This topic reminded me of stupid product warning labels....which is sorta related.... well not really....well only remotely....okay, maybe not at all...I can't help where my mind takes me... what else ya got to do?! Read 'em!! :razz:

Liquid Plummer
Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Windex
Do not spray in eyes.

Toilet Plunger
Caution: Do not use near power lines.

Dremel Electric Rotary Tool
This product not intended for use as a dental drill.

Arm & Hammer Scoopable Cat Litter
Safe to use around pets.

Bowl Fresh
Safe to use around pets and children, although it is not recommended that either be permitted to drink from toilet.

Baby Oil
Keep out of reach of children

Little Ones Baby Lotion
Keep away from children

Hair Coloring
Do not use as an ice cream topping.

Wet-Nap
Directions: Tear open packet and use.

Dial Soap
Directions: Use like regular soap.

Stridex Foaming Face Wash
May contain foam.

Hair Dryer:
Do not use while taking a shower….

Old Spice Red Zone Deoderant
Use only on underarms.

Zantac 75
Do not take if allergic to zantac.

Sleeping Pills
Warning: May cause Drowsiness

Christmas Lights
Warning: For indoor or outdoor use only.

Komatsu Floodlight
This floodlight is capable of illuminating large areas, even in the dark

Earplugs
These ear plugs are nontoxic, but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe

Mattress
Warning: Do not attempt to swallow

Matches
Caution: Contents may catch fire.

Pepper Spray
Caution: Never aim spray at your own eyes.

Auto-Shade Widnshield Visor
Warning: Do not drive with sunshade in place. Remove from windshield before starting ignition.

Fix-a-Flat
WARNING: Do not weld can to rim.

Rain Gauge
Suitable for outdoor use.

RCA Television Remote Control
Not Dishwasher Safe

Pine Mountain Fire Logs
Caution: Risk of fire

Triops Fish Food
Warning: Not for human consumption

Home Depot Treated Lumber
Do not consume

Hair Dryer
Warning: Do not use while sleeping.

Road Sign
Caution water on road during rain.

Camera
This camera will only work when film is inside.

Road Sign
Cemetery Road. Dead End

Church Parking Lot Sign
Thou shalt not park

Children's Superman Costume
Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.

Silk Soy Milk
Shake well and buy often

Air Conditioner
Caution: Avoid dropping air conditioners out of windows.

Swann frozen dinners:
Serving suggestion: Defrost.

Hotel provided shower cap in a box:
Fits one head.

Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box)
Do not turn upside down.

Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
Product will be hot after heating.

Packaging for a Rowenta iron:
Do not iron clothes on body.

String of Chinese-made Christmas lights:
For indoor or outdoor use only.

Sainsbury's peanuts:
Warning: contains nuts.

American Airlines packet of nuts:
Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.

Cardboard windshield sun shade:
Warning: Do Not Drive With Sun Shield in Place.

Package of Fisherman's Friend throat lozenges:
Not meant as substitute for human companionship. (WTH???)

A toilet at a public sports facility
Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking.

Pair of shin guards made for bicyclists
Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover.

Container of Underarm Deodorant.
Caution: Do not spray in eyes.

A toilet bowl cleaning brush.
Do not use orally.

A birthday card for a 1 year old.
Not suitable for children aged 36 months or less.

Sign at a railroad station
Beware! To touch these wires is instant death.
Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted.

Bottom of a supermarket dessert box
Do not turn upside down.

Package of dice.
Not for human consumption.

Bus Stop
No stopping or standing.

Bag of Fritos
You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.

Laundromat triple washer
No small children.

Instructions on the packaging for a muffin at a 7-11
Remove wrapper, open mouth, insert muffin, eat.

Can of black pepper.
Instructions: usage known.

Bag of cat biscuits
Simply pour the biscuits into a bowl and allow the cat to eat when it wants.

Car Manual
In order to get out of car, open door, get out, lock doors, and then close doors.

Espresso Kettle
The appliance is switched on by setting the on/off switch to the 'on' position.

T.V. manual
Do not pour liquids into your television set.

Label on a hammer
Caution - Do not use this hammer to strike any solid object

VCR box
Instructional video on hooking up VCR included.

Toilet brush
Do not use for personal hygiene.

Depend Adult Diapers
Step into underwear and pull them on just like regular underwear.

Furniture Wipes
Do not use for a baby wipe.

Bottle of bathtub cleaner
For best results, start with clean bathtub before use.

Container of lighter fluid
WARNING: Contents flammable!

Box of household nails
CAUTION! - Do NOT swallow nails! May cause irritation!

Last edited:

Outlaw driving.

That would help......but some folks don't think that way.

They think starving kids is going to stop them from eating and getting obese.

They never discovered exercise works wonders. Germany has Volksmarches. They also have walkways to walk on everywhere. In the US you could get run over.

Hmmmmm... :eusa_think: Infrastructure that needs re-structuring... 10% of the working-age population hanging out playing video games with the best and brightest of their generation overseas trying to stop the locals from blowing shit up or doing it for them... :eusa_think:

:dunno:

Must be rocket science.

How's the cat?

:lol: He's fine, of course. The problem was she had pizza for dinner while watching the news and was bringing the plate with left over goodies on it back to the kitchen. He (the cat) loves pizza. :lol:

:eusa_shhh: Don't tell the Princess about THAT, either :eek:

Forum List

Back