You have $100,000.00 to invest

Raw land, sit on it and wait.
Patience.

If you want cheap raw land go to Brazil. That is the last frontier. I have wanted to go there since 2006 when I saw what was going to happen to our economy. I could not convince the rest of the family back then. Now they are singing a different tune.

You can pick-up idle land for $100 an acre. This land was deforested by loggers to fuel the housing boom. Then grazed by nomadic livestock owners until it would no-longer grow grass. With a little TLC you can take land that would not grow grass & turn it into the worlds richest farm land. Sell food to China & India. Become a multi millionaire in 5 years.

Brazil land is simply beautiful.

and the long term, more than a year, capital gains tax is at 15% now yet possibly will double and go back to 30% soon.
The taxes on your investment dollars will DOUBLE with a change in the capital gains tax structure:
1. Will that affect how much $ you invest in America?
2. Will that cause you NOT to put any of your $ as a capital investment?
3. Will the rise in capital gains taxes affect how much $ is invested in America?
4. Will the rise in capital gains taxes SLOW capital investment?
5. How many jobs will be lost with the slow down in investment capital?
Somalia...no taxes, no government...just a little bit of heaven.

Raw land, sit on it and wait.
Patience.
I dunno right now....If the spaghetti really hits the fan, are you going to scoop up your dirt and bug out to Costa Rica?

Sit and be patient. Worst case scenario, leave it to my kids.

I think, (and pray), that the right land will work out as a solid investment. I sold a rental and bought the farm beside me this spring. I doubt that I'll see the true value of the investment, although I am relatively young, because we are quite a way from anything.

In the meantime, if the shit hits the fan, the land will see us through, or worst case scenario, and the shit really hits the fan, I have 50 lakefront acres in Northern Ontario, Canada that my Father in-law talked us into 20yrs ago.

I refuse to be one of the ones standing with their cock in their hands wondering "what happened , and what now?" when these assholes sell us all down the river. Republican or democrat, it doesn't currently matter. Either one is presently corrupt with the only difference being the way they fuck us over.

If nothing else and I've only been paranoid, my kids will have some nice land to hopefully do the right thing with.

Forum List

Back