You guys need to stop using anything Google

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I just worked 4 days on a video project to have Youtube tell me I can't upload it unless I give them a phone number.

It's none of their freaking business who I am or what my phone number is.

Every website Google buys and destroys they put their big bother data collection crap in it.

Except for Youtube, I use nothing Google, and you know what? I still do what ever the hell I want on the internet.

Here's a news flash, you don't "Google" crap on the internet, the same way I don't "Toyota" to work.

Seriously, you guys need to stop giving large companies your info.

Google needs to die.

Dear Wolfstrike
I have a voice mail number account that I use for these things.
It really comes in handy.

Don't give up on free stuff.
Of course companies will add terms, conditions, spam and ads.
I think it's worth it to be able to share your videos and uploads.

But if you don't like depending on youtube then buy a cheap hosting service
and create your own website where you upload your files.
Sometimes that's easier because you can pick a domain name
that can be memorized or pasted as short links to post and tweet.

I just worked 4 days on a video project to have Youtube tell me I can't upload it unless I give them a phone number.

Every website Google buys and destroys they put their big bother data collection crap in it.

Except for Youtube, I use nothing Google, and you know what? I still do what ever the hell I want on the internet.

Here's a news flash, you don't "Google" crap on the internet, the same way I don't "Toyota" to work.

Google needs to die.
That's kind of difficult since I have an Android phone. However, I use Duckduckgo for my search engine. I use Waze for my GPS.

You can pick up a pretty cheap site host, under $100/year easy. New browsers play video's native on a page if you use MP4 H.264 (most modern video editors do this.)

Google needs to die.

Why do I care if large companies have my info?

How does it harm me in any way?

People tell me not to use rewards programs as then stores know my buying habits...I am like “how is that a bad thing”

I use Alexa, people tell me not to as it listens to me...I am like “so what?”.

The government has been collecting our data since they passed the Patriot Act and none of you folks seem upset about that

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Google needs to die.

Then you have to stop posting here.

Google needs to die.
That's kind of difficult since I have an Android phone. However, I use Duckduckgo for my search engine. I use Waze for my GPS.
yea, you pay google and microsoft when you buy those. but like you say - not really any other choice these days. their lock on the phone/tablet market is stronger than MS had on desktops.

regulation is coming.

Google needs to die.
yea, you pay google and microsoft when you buy those. but like you say - not really any other choice these days. their lock on the phone/tablet market is stronger than MS had on desktops.

regulation is coming.

Of course it is. One thing the statist can’t stand is success in the public square.

I've been using startpage.com for years.

It truly is the world's most private search engine. And I still get all of the good google results, as well as advanced setttings to keep your real data out of the hands of nosy web site owners.

It was developed by a friend in the cause of liberty and based out of Switzerland. There's a phone app, too.

Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity. Here are some of our key features:

• Free proxy surfing available.
  • Praised by privacy experts worldwide.
  • Fourteen-year company track record.
  • Third-party certified.

• No IP address recorded.
  • No record is made of your searches.
  • No identifying or tracking cookies used.
  • Powerful SSL encryption available.

To learn more, check out our privacy page and read our privacy policy. We're confident you'll like what you see.

Last edited:

Google needs to die.

regulation is coming.

Of course it is. One thing the statist can’t stand is success in the public square.

while i do think google has a stranglehold on things, it's someones job to beat it, not the govs job to break 'em down.

Google needs to die.

regulation is coming.

while i do think google has a stranglehold on things, it's someones job to beat it, not the govs job to break 'em down.

On that we agree!

I've been using startpage.com for years.

It truly is the world's most private search engine. And I still get all of the good google results, as well as advannced setttings to keep your real data out of the hands of nosy web site owners.

It was developed by a friend in the cause of liberty and based out of Switzerland. There's a phone app, too.

Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity. Here are some of our key features:

• Free proxy surfing available.
  • Praised by privacy experts worldwide.
  • Fourteen-year company track record.
  • Third-party certified.

• No IP address recorded.
  • No record is made of your searches.
  • No identifying or tracking cookies used.
  • Powerful SSL encryption available.

To learn more, check out our privacy page and read our privacy policy. We're confident you'll like what you see.
i'll give it a shot.

Google needs to die.

I like searching for Conservative subjects on Google....and then on Duckduckgo.
The difference is laughable.

Forum List

Back