You gotta have faith.....

I started with the first accusation in the youtube....

Excuse me :confused: You started out with "You gotta have faith ......"

There are different definations of "faith". We will start with #1.

Faith:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
—Idiom9. in faith, in truth; indeed: In faith, he is a fine lad.

Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McCain Criticized for Slur / He says he'll keep using term for ex-captors in Vietnam

I would call the people who directly beat the shit out of me, worse than that.

So, lets recap. Its ok for McCain to be racist, but not anyone affiliated with Obama.

Alrighty then. I mean if McCain does something, lets look at extenuating circumstances. Obama? Not so much. I mean its not like Wright lived through civil rights or anything. Not like Wright fought for his country or anything. Nooo, those things are irrelevant. But when talking to McCain it all matters, eh?

Fucking ridiculous.

Excuse me :confused: You started out with "You gotta have faith ......"

There are different definations of "faith". We will start with #1.

Faith:
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
—Idiom9. in faith, in truth; indeed: In faith, he is a fine lad.

The thread title was a reference to Obama's racist and anti-american religious connections.

So, lets recap. Its ok for McCain to be racist, but not anyone affiliated with Obama.

Alrighty then. I mean if McCain does something, lets look at extenuating circumstances. Obama? Not so much. I mean its not like Wright lived through civil rights or anything. Not like Wright fought for his country or anything. Nooo, those things are irrelevant. But when talking to McCain it all matters, eh?

Fucking ridiculous.

Was Wright ever tortured?

Was Wright ever tortured?

Oh, so thats the ONLY qualification thats valid? And do tell me why the line stops at having your race having the cops sick dogs on you because of your race, and having water cannons turned on you because of your race? Why aren't those things enough?

Oh right, because you want to make excuses for McCain and demonize Obama. But the rest of the country doesn't share your hypocritical and perverse views. I look forward to dancing in the puddles make from your tears Nov 5th.

Oh, so thats the ONLY qualification thats valid? And do tell me why the line stops at having your race having the cops sick dogs on you because of your race, and having water cannons turned on you because of your race? Why aren't those things enough?

Oh right, because you want to make excuses for McCain and demonize Obama. But the rest of the country doesn't share your hypocritical and perverse views. I look forward to dancing in the puddles make from your tears Nov 5th.

did wright have dogs sicked on him? did wright have water cannons turned on him?

Fucking ridiculous.

It's direct evidence Mccain was tortured by the people he called a name.

Wright preaches about rich white America causing almost all of the ills in the black community. When he lives in this.....
$wright house.jpg

The fiery African-American pastor whose incendiary outbursts on race have dented the prospects of Barack Obama becoming the first black US president is to retire to an upmarket suburb where almost all of the residents are white.
Grateful parishioners of Rev Jeremiah Wright, 66, are building him a $1 million, 10,400 sq ft mansion, next to a country club and golf course in the prosperous Chicago suburb of Tinley Park. In the 2000 census, just two per cent of Tinley Park’s 48,400 residents were black and 93 per cent were white.

Rev Wright built up his Chicago mega-church over 36 years on the principles of black liberation theology under the bold slogan, “Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian”, and Mr Obama was among his most enthusiastic parishioners - until he was forced to disavow him completely last week.

The Trinity United Church of Christ is located in the heart of the city’s rundown and predominantly African-American South Side, and worshippers are instructed to live by its self-proclaimed Black Value System. Among the tenets is “Disavowal of the Pursuit of 'Middleclassness’.”

But Rev Wright will not be living among his flock following his recent retirement. Instead, he is leaving them in pursuit of distinctly middle class - indeed upper-middle class - environs.

Rev Jeremiah Wright to retire in 'white suburb' - Telegraph

Nope! The title of the thread was "You gotta have faith ....". No where in the "title" did it reference Obama's racist anti-american connections. Numbnutz! :cuckoo:

You gotta think to get the thread title, sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you.

The thread title was a reference to Obama's racist and anti-american religious connections.

And one more point .... the first post in this thread said ....

..... where in that title and post does it say "squat" about a reference to Obama's racist and anti-american religious connections! And btw .... America is spelled with a CAPITOL .... A ......!!! :eusa_eh:

It's direct evidence Mccain was tortured by the people he called a name.

Gooks is a racial slur that applies to Vietnamese, not just people he doesn't like.

Its a RACIAL SLUR, pure and simple. It is RACISM. But yet you give that a pass.

Gooks is a racial slur that applies to Vietnamese, not just people he doesn't like.

Its a RACIAL SLUR, pure and simple. It is RACISM. But yet you give that a pass.

MCcain called his captors "gooks" who tortured him.

Rev. Wright called a government and whole race, racist, see the difference? Probably not, but that doesn't suprise me.

You gotta think to get the thread title, sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you.

You didn't confuse me .... but you sure as hell tried to confuse me and the other people that have replied to this post! If you have something to say .... say it. Quit beating around the bush in an attempt to try get people to agree with you! Nuff said! :eusa_hand:

You didn't confuse me .... but you sure as hell tried to confuse me and the other people that have replied to this post! If you have something to say .... say it. Quit beating around the bush in an attempt to try get people to agree with you! Nuff said! :eusa_hand:

Faith equating to religious connections who would have thought. My bad

Here's what I don't get. Do you think Obama doesn't like white people? Do you think he's prejudiced against white people?

Here's what I don't get. Do you think Obama doesn't like white people? Do you think he's prejudiced against white people?

yes and yes....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zAnZcJ4bI]YouTube - Barack Obama - Black Supremacy Dreams For My Father[/ame]

i dont know that he is prejudiced against white people but it troubles me that his mentor of 20 years, is among other things.

Just wondering. Because this:

anndunham-and-parents-small-small.jpg

Is his family. His mother:

080313-NYT-Obama-vmed-9p_widec.jpg

who raised him until he was 10. At that point he went to live with his grandparents:

obama-grandparents_jpg_20070908_10_.jpg

Until he graduated from high school. His biological mother was white. He was raised in a white family- all white for most of his childhood. He has spoken out on racial issues, calling not only on white people to understand how black people can feel offended when they are treated like criminals for walking down the wrong street, but also calling on black people to understand that it's not racism when a white person feels wronged because affirmative action policies caused a minority to take his or her place at a job or in a school. He has stated that there is racism present on both sides and neither is innocent. He also stated as long as there are unspoken tensions over issues like those I just mentioned, that there will be suspicion and resentment which only feeds into the truly racist elements on each side.

Now having said that, you either think perhaps you should reconsider your opinion of Obama, or you must believe that despite growing upon in a completely white family most of his young life, he has somehow managed to be converted into a racist black extremist who hates his own mother, hates his own grandparents, has managed to keep his true agenda hidden well enough to be elected to the U.S. Senate in Illinois, and is making those type statements above as a cover.

And if you believe the latter, you're just another conspiracy loon and there's no reason to bother.

Forum List

Back