You go to get your mail today ... and ...

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
.... you have received a surprise gift check of $5,000.00 (tax free money).

My, my, my! What do you do with it?? :eusa_shifty:

1. Go on vacation?
2. Pay off creditcards?
3. Invest in the stock market?
4. Go on a shopping spree?
5. Donate it to the Presidential candidate (your choice)?
6. Bury it in the backyard?

?? Any other idea's :confused:

I would probably return the check unless I knew where it came from. The old saying if it's too good to be true, it probably is....

but if the money were legit, I'd pay bills first and then put some in savings and then buy something fun.

Could be a scam. there are one's out there like that. Where they mail you what looks like a check and when you deposit it you start getting hosed.

Peepz! this was hypothetical ..aka.. not real :lol:

Paulitics - got it :)

But if you happen to get a "legit check" and don't know what to do with it ... let me know, ok? ;)

I would probably return the check unless I knew where it came from. The old saying if it's too good to be true, it probably is....

but if the money were legit, I'd pay bills first and then put some in savings and then buy something fun.

depends....Is Obama in office. I am sure stuff like this will happen to me all the time....o wait a minute, never mind I pay taxes, I won't get free money

yup, problem witht he stimulus is even people who didn't oay taxes got a check also :confused:

You mean people that never paid taxes got a check? I don't think so. I bet most of the "legit citizen's - non illegal alien people in the country" - have contibuted to the IRS at one time of their life or another, and deserved a check just as much as thier neighbor. :eusa_whistle: Unless of coarse they are neighbor's to one of the 7 McCain houses. :eusa_eh:

1. Go on vacation?
2. Pay off creditcards?

If I had unsecured credit it all go there. If not, I'd be buying quality issues or mutual funds.

1. Go on vacation?
2. Pay off creditcards?

Pay for a porch I hit three weeks ago when I fell asleep. I actually owe 5,000 dollars! So it is wierd that you asked the question!

Luissa .... no problem/no worries .... the check is in the mail! I think it has AVG-JOE's name on the return address. ;)
Thanks a million!
But really I would probably go on a vacation, because I sure need one right now!

yup, problem witht he stimulus is even people who didn't oay taxes got a check also :confused:

that's bullshit. You had to have filed a tax return the year before to get a stimulus check.

I do laugh at some of the things the Cons on this board say and actually believe as fact.

Forum List

Back