You Go Obama, I say put more tariffs on China

I was playing Fallout3 last night and i remembered this video from youtube. Since we are talking about china and all....:lol: hey its a good enough excuse to post it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE]YouTube - Fallout 3 - Liberty Prime best Speeches[/ame]

Oh, jeeeezzzz....Not the goddamn "fair tax" again!!! :banghead:

Why? The fair tax is the solution!
The problem is spending, not finding a "fairer" way to shake down the rustics for a federal gubmint that shouldn't be more than 10% of the size it currently is.

The idiotic and oxymoronic "fair tax" is just another scam to fund the status quo.

Forcing consumers to pay more for a product is not beneficial, and certainly not during a recession. And Plymco, a trade-war with China will not be to our advantage over China's. By cutting us off and no longer buying our debt China would be far better off than they are now because they could then consume their own products, because by now they have to realize we're never going to be able to pay what we owe them and antagonizing them with more tariffs will just incite them even further. It wouldn't be over night but China would see a huge increase in their standard of living if they cut us off.
I want Republicans to read this so they remember they loved free trade. Now they say they want to fix it? 7 years later?

Forcing consumers to pay more for a product is not beneficial, and certainly not during a recession. And Plymco, a trade-war with China will not be to our advantage over China's. By cutting us off and no longer buying our debt China would be far better off than they are now because they could then consume their own products, because by now they have to realize we're never going to be able to pay what we owe them and antagonizing them with more tariffs will just incite them even further. It wouldn't be over night but China would see a huge increase in their standard of living if they cut us off.
I want Republicans to read this so they remember they loved free trade. Now they say they want to fix it? 7 years later?

The statement you quoted was inaccurate and misleading, to say the least.

Not a Republican.

It wouldn't be over night but China would see a huge increase in their standard of living if they cut us off.

they did cut us off until 1980 and 60 million slowly starved to death; when they opened to us they had 35 years of 10% growth, the greatest economic miracle in human history that eliminated 40% of the entire plants poverty!!

Econ 101:(The Golden Rule)
The more with whom you trade the richer you get whether they are across the street or across the globe. The fewer with whom you trade the poorer you get. Imagine how poor you'd be if you had to trade with 1000 people only, or, imagine if there was no trade and you had to make everything yourself. This is Econ 101 class one day one

Forum List

Back