You go back in time and become a delegate at the Constitutional Convention

I would make sure that we have freedom FROM religion.
Why are you against freedom?
I'm FOR freedom, from religion.
So if I want religion, in your world, I don’t have the freedom to do what I want.
I didn't say you can't have religion, but religion shouldn't be allowed to dictate anything to us, like creation "science". Or possibly turning over Roe vs Wade for religious reasons. ...
I think the Constitution says pretty much what you just did.
The Constitution is giving people the authority to openly hate gays by claiming religious freedom.

Define religion.
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

So the belief and worship of people or a person is a religion?

How do you define belief and worship?
Not what I said, I used the word "superhuman", as in an invisible superbeing in another dimension.

So your main beef is belief in a super natural being?

So tell us, who has enslaved men over the centuries? Who has created war after war?

Is it this super natural being whom you hate so much?

IF God exists, did we not come into this world free, that is, unless man takes our freedom from us?
"So tell us, who has enslaved men over the centuries? Who has created war after war?" Religion, i.e, Crusades, Jihad, attacking abortion doctors...

So if I want religion, in your world, I don’t have the freedom to do what I want.
I didn't say you can't have religion, but religion shouldn't be allowed to dictate anything to us, like creation "science". Or possibly turning over Roe vs Wade for religious reasons. ...
But you believe that creation should not even be mentioned in education as a possibility, isn't that right?

The issue here is, who writes the laws and based upon what? EVERY law written has a moral teaching behind it as to what is "good" or "bad". So who gets to decide what is good or bad?

Define religion.
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Not what I said, I used the word "superhuman", as in an invisible superbeing in another dimension.

So tell us, who has enslaved men over the centuries? Who has created war after war?

IF God exists, did we not come into this world free, that is, unless man takes our freedom from us?
"So tell us, who has enslaved men over the centuries? Who has created war after war?" Religion, i.e, Crusades, Jihad, attacking abortion doctors...

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Man will use whatever tool available to him to subdue and conquer people. Religion is but one of many tools.

To use religion as a statist tool, man once convinced us that he was God, but then when that no longer worked, man convinced us that he spoke for God, but when that no longer worked, man claimed that God did not exist, making himself a god and the ultimate authority.

In all these scenarios, the statist has the ultimate authority.

I happen to believe that God came in the form of a man, only, he said that his kingdom was not of this world nor could be. He never raised an army and never clamored for votes. Instead, he simply taught people the Golden Rule, which is to do unto others as you would have done to you.

Do you think that this is a good moral law for us all to adhere to?

But you believe that creation should not even be mentioned in education as a possibility, isn't that right?

The issue here is, who writes the laws and based upon what? EVERY law written has a moral teaching behind it as to what is "good" or "bad". So who gets to decide what is good or bad?
Creation isn't a possibility unless you can prove it scientifically. Laws define what is good and bad.

Look, if you want freedom OF religion, then you should be allowing sharia law in the US.

The Constitution is giving people the authority to openly hate gays by claiming religious freedom.
So now I can’t have the freedom to hate?

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Man will use whatever tool available to him to subdue and conquer people. Religion is but one of many tools.

To use religion as a statist tool, man once convinced us that he was God, but then when that no longer worked, man convinced us that he spoke for God, but when that no longer worked, man claimed that God did not exist, making himself a god and the ultimate authority.

Nothing has held a grip over humans as long as as tightly as religion. What you're trying to say is that other things have been bad, so why not let religion rule also? You're a scapegoater.

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Nothing has held a grip over humans as long as as tightly as religion. What you're trying to say is that other things have been bad, so why not let religion rule also? You're a scapegoater.

You are using the idea of a super human being as being a scape goat.

Man is the one to blame for all our problems, no matter if you believe in a God or not.

Do you want to live in a society where stores have signs "we don't serve fags", or "we don't serve *******", or "we don't serve infidels, we'd prefer to kill them"?

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Man is the one to blame for all our problems, no matter if you believe in a God or not.
Religion gives man more tools to hate and wage wars.

Not sure, gip, if your post was tongue-in-cheek, but the truth is that opinions, even ones called 'hate' by the Leftists, is a right to think what you will....

We on the Right endorse same, and don't believe in thought crime.

How sick is it to see the Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, endorse punishment for thinking other than what they endorse.

Do you want to live in a society where stores have signs "we don't serve fags", or "we don't serve *******", or "we don't serve infidels, we'd prefer to kill them"?
No.

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Gads, you're an imbecile.

Why, exactly, are you attempting to bring up religion as the cause of hate and wars????

Government schooling???

No schooling???

Where do you see that provenance in the following?

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million
Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million
Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million
Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million
People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s
regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40 million
Tibet (1950 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 600,000
Congo Free State (1886–1908): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 million
Mexico (1910–20): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Turkish massacres of Armenians (1915–23): . . . . . 1.5 million
China (1917–28): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 800,000
China, Nationalist era (1928–37): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.1 million
Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million
North Korea (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 million
Rwanda and Burundi (1959–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.35 million
Second Indochina War (1960–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.5 million
Ethiopia (1962–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Nigeria (1966–70): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Bangladesh (1971): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.25 million
Cambodia, Khmer Rouge (1975–78): . . . . . . . . . . . 1.65 million
Mozambique (1975–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Afghanistan (1979–2001): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.8 million
Iran–Iraq War (1980–88): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Sudan (1983 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.9 million
Kinshasa, Congo (1998 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.8 million
Philippines Insurgency (1899–1902): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 220,000
Brazil (1900 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Amazonia (1900–1912): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Portuguese colonies (1900–1925): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 325,000
French colonies (1900–1940): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Japanese War (1904–5): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
German East Africa (1905–7): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Libya (1911–31): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 125,000
Balkan Wars (1912–13): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 140,000
Greco–Turkish War (1919–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Spanish Civil War (1936–39): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 365,000
Franco Regime (1939–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100,000
Abyssinian Conquest (1935–41): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Finnish War (1939–40): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Greek Civil War (1943–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 158,000
Yugoslavia, Tito’s regime (1944–80): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
First Indochina War (1945–54): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Colombia (1946–58): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
India (1947): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Romania (1948–89): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Burma/Myanmar (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
Algeria (1954–62): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 537,000
Sudan (1955–72): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Guatemala (1960–96): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Indonesia (1965–66): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Uganda, Idi Amin’s regime (1972–79): . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Vietnam, postwar Communist regime
(1975 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 430,000
Angola (1975–2002): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 550,000
East Timor, conquest by Indonesia (1975–99): . . . . . 200,000
Lebanon (1975–90): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Cambodian Civil War (1978–91): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 225,000
Iraq, Saddam Hussein (1979–2003): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Uganda (1979–86): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Kurdistan (1980s, 1990s): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Liberia (1989–97): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Iraq (1990– ): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 350,000
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Somalia (1991 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
From "The Devil's Delusion," Berlinski

Not sure, gip, if your post was tongue-in-cheek, but the truth is that opinions, even ones called 'hate' by the Leftists, is a right to think what you will....

We on the Right endorse same, and don't believe in thought crime.

How sick is it to see the Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, endorse punishment for thinking other than what they endorse.
Not tongue in cheek. Freedom is freedom. If one wants to hate, so be it. The poster seems to think hate should be outlawed. That is not freedom. That is mind control Orwellian BS. It is the foundation of political correctness.

If one acts on their hate and harms others, then the law should punish them.

No.
That's what freedom of religion should allow, as well as sharia law for anyone who wants the freedom to practise it.

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Gads, you're an imbecile.

Why, exactly, are you attempting to bring up religion as the cause of hate and wars????

Government schooling???

No schooling???

Where do you see that provenance in the following?

First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million
Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million
Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million
Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million
People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s
regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40 million
Tibet (1950 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 600,000
Congo Free State (1886–1908): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 million
Mexico (1910–20): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Turkish massacres of Armenians (1915–23): . . . . . 1.5 million
China (1917–28): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 800,000
China, Nationalist era (1928–37): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.1 million
Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million
North Korea (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 million
Rwanda and Burundi (1959–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.35 million
Second Indochina War (1960–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.5 million
Ethiopia (1962–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Nigeria (1966–70): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Bangladesh (1971): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.25 million
Cambodia, Khmer Rouge (1975–78): . . . . . . . . . . . 1.65 million
Mozambique (1975–92): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Afghanistan (1979–2001): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.8 million
Iran–Iraq War (1980–88): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 million
Sudan (1983 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.9 million
Kinshasa, Congo (1998 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.8 million
Philippines Insurgency (1899–1902): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 220,000
Brazil (1900 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Amazonia (1900–1912): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Portuguese colonies (1900–1925): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 325,000
French colonies (1900–1940): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Japanese War (1904–5): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
German East Africa (1905–7): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Libya (1911–31): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 125,000
Balkan Wars (1912–13): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 140,000
Greco–Turkish War (1919–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250,000
Spanish Civil War (1936–39): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 365,000
Franco Regime (1939–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100,000
Abyssinian Conquest (1935–41): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Finnish War (1939–40): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Greek Civil War (1943–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 158,000
Yugoslavia, Tito’s regime (1944–80): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
First Indochina War (1945–54): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Colombia (1946–58): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
India (1947): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Romania (1948–89): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Burma/Myanmar (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130,000
Algeria (1954–62): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 537,000
Sudan (1955–72): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500,000
Guatemala (1960–96): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200,000
Indonesia (1965–66): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
Uganda, Idi Amin’s regime (1972–79): . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Vietnam, postwar Communist regime
(1975 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 430,000
Angola (1975–2002): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 550,000
East Timor, conquest by Indonesia (1975–99): . . . . . 200,000
Lebanon (1975–90): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Cambodian Civil War (1978–91): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 225,000
Iraq, Saddam Hussein (1979–2003): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Uganda (1979–86): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Kurdistan (1980s, 1990s): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300,000
Liberia (1989–97): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150,000
Iraq (1990– ): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 350,000
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 175,000
Somalia (1991 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 400,000
From "The Devil's Delusion," Berlinski
You have reading problems. I never said that religion is the sole reason for hate and wars. Please try again. You zipperhead. :biggrin:

Not Stalin, Mao, Chavez?

Perhaps you're too stupid to recognize Leftism as a religion....the one you've subscribed to.

A revealing comparison of the two religions…the Judeo-Christian basis of Western Civilization, and the new one, Leftism.

“Leftism’s guiding principles — notwithstanding the principles of those Christians and Jews who claim to be religious yet hold leftist views — are the antitheses of Judaism and Christianity’s guiding principles.

Judaism and Christianity hold that people are not basically good. Leftism holds that people are basically good. Therefore, Judaism and Christianity believe evil comes from human nature, and leftism believes evil comes from capitalism, religion, the nation-state (i.e. nationalism), corporations, the patriarchy and virtually every other traditional value.

Judaism and Christianity hold that utopia on Earth is impossible — it will only come in God’s good time as a Messianic age or in the afterlife. Leftism holds that utopia is to be created here on Earth — and as soon as possible. That is why leftists find America so contemptible. They do not compare it to other nations but to a utopian ideal — a society with no inequality, no racism, no differences between the sexes (indeed, no sexes) and no greed in which everything important is obtained free.

Judaism and Christianity believe God and the Bible are to instruct us on how to live a good life and how the heart is the last place to look for moral guidance. Leftists have contempt for anyone who is guided by the Bible and its God, and substitute the heart and feelings for divine instruction.

There may be a clash of civilizations between the West and Islam, but the biggest clash of civilizations is between the West and the left.”
Explaining the Left, Part III: Leftism as Secular Religion - The Dennis Prager Show

Forum List

Back