You get a call... They say they have found bin Laden... Is Acting on that...

Was sending in the SEALs to get bin Laden a "Tough Decision"?

• Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be a tough decision for anyone with a conscience, obviously. Putting other peoples' lives at risk would never be easy for a good person.

...a "Tough Decision"?...

That seems to be the Liberal Line right now. If anyone Believes that ANY American President wouldn't have sent in a Team if they had the EXACT same Intel that Barry was given, then they are either REALLY Stupid or Painfully Dishonest.

But hey... I won't be Surprised to see either show up in this Thread. :lol:

:)

peace...

There's no surprise, a REALY Stupid and Painfully Dishonest OP would attract the same.

It would be a tough decision for anyone with a conscience, obviously. Putting other peoples' lives at risk would never be easy for a good person.

Yep..

thus why I said there are 2 answers to the poll.

It was his toughest decision...yet any president would have made the same decision in the end.

Yep..

thus why I said there are 2 answers to the poll.

It was his toughest decision...yet any president would have made the same decision in the end.

I dont know that they would have, and neither do you. Some people had a stance - if you remember correctly - against unilateral decisions in a Sovereign Nation / supposed ally. That's not deniable. There's video, audio, and en writ~.

That seems to be the Liberal Line right now. If anyone Believes that ANY American President wouldn't have sent in a Team if they had the EXACT same Intel that Barry was given, then they are either REALLY Stupid or Painfully Dishonest.

peace...

Depends if they wanted to piss of the Pakistanis or not, Pakistan is still furious at us for making them look like asses for harboring this guy.

Seems to me Pakistan was the one who made themselves look like asses for harboring the guy.

We just exposed it.

The Pakistanis are fuckin assholes, they been playing a double game with us and the Taliban from the start.

peace...

It's so easy of a call, even a Joe Biden could have made it.

peace...

Depends if they wanted to piss of the Pakistanis or not, Pakistan is still furious at us for making them look like asses for harboring this guy.

Bush sent teams/drones/etc. into Pakistan regularly... I don't Think he would have Hesitated.

peace...

Bush probably would have done it, Clinton passed on Bin Laden a couple times though.

I think Bush would have done it, despite the Republican Candidates in 2008 calling the exact scenario "naive" (to do unilaterally, which is how it was done).

Short memories people have.

peace...

It's so easy of a call, even a Joe Biden could have made it.

I think the Delaware Dunderhead would have required extensive explanations of the situation...

The poll is flawed.

There are two answers that are correct.

It was the otughest decision for OBama....as it would have been for any president.

But all would have decided as Obama did.

I think Bush might have dropped a bomb on the compound. It just seems more his style. Getting him like they did, they were sure they got him and he was dead. They got his DNA and took those pictures that framed all of his features.

Dumping his body in the sea was awfully smart as well. Bush might have asked for his head or something just to showboat.

peace...

Considering you're talking about a unilateral ground operation inside an unstable sovereign nation, yeah, it's a tough call. Drone strike would be a no-brainer. I do see the call to send in the SEALS to be a tough one.

Of course, I've also said in the past that at least part of the credit for Obama getting Osama needs to be given to Bush, who did a lot of the ground work for getting him.

But the final call? That's a tough one. If you think it isn't a tough one, imagine how upset you'd be if China sent in elite special forces units to assassinate student protesters hiding out in the USA. We'd be furious and react with serious consequences for China, and we're far more stable than Pakistan.

Obama's M.O. so far has been to act and if it works out, take all the credit. If it doesn't work out, blame somebody else. So I guess I'm jaded when I think he just doesn't come across as the kind of person who gave much serious thought to it. He probably asked a few people who said to go for it. And then he set up the camera in that room where all the big wigs were assembled to watch the operation in progress, obviously staged.

The mission succeeded, and he is now using it as his own glory.

Had it not succeeded, we never would have seen those folks assembled in that room, and he would shrug it off as not his doing and not his fault. (It also would have gotten one day of lackluster media coverage and that would have been the end of it.)

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Bush sent teams/drones/etc. into Pakistan regularly... I don't Think he would have Hesitated.

peace...

Bush probably would have done it, Clinton passed on Bin Laden a couple times though.

Yes he did... Of corse he was only loosely linked to some Terrorist Attacks... 9/11 made him a Priority... Even though bin Laden Denied involvement initially...

Which Terorrists NEVER do.

Funny thing is, KSM was the Mastermind and he's in Prison. :thup:

bin Laden was more a Spiritual/Financial Figurehead of a Web that was so unknown that he didn't even know most of it.

Makes Fighting these Wars Difficult.

Obama, when he likely gets 2nd Term, will have a Firm Understanding of this Reality, I am Afraid.

Maybe he will stop Spiking the Fucking Football then?... :dunno:

peace...

Obama's M.O. so far has been to act and if it works out, take all the credit. If it doesn't work out, blame somebody else.

That is EXACTLY what he's done for 3 years. :thup:

I had his Honest Campaign Slogan in my Sigline for a while.

Something like: "Whatever's good, I did that... If it's bad, it's Bushes Fault"

Rinse and Repeat.

peace...

Well, Obama would never gloat...

Indeed. Political games are nauseating. And both "sides" do it while pointing the finger at the other.

I don't think many Democrats (again--MANY being the operative word) denied Bush any credit for capturing Saddam. I don't seem to recall hearing a lot of guys saying that he shouldn't get credit for it. Much less conjecturing about whether or not it was actually Saddam.

The right looks more like the idiots who represent them here daily than most times.

The poll is flawed.

There are two answers that are correct.

It was the otughest decision for OBama....as it would have been for any president.

But all would have decided as Obama did.

I think Bush might have dropped a bomb on the compound. It just seems more his style. Getting him like they did, they were sure they got him and he was dead. They got his DNA and took those pictures that framed all of his features.

Dumping his body in the sea was awfully smart as well. Bush might have asked for his head or something just to showboat.

In a way I wish Obama would have showed the corpse, to shut up the nay sayers that say he is not dead.

Why was Obama in the situation room? He certainly wasn'y going to call off the operation after it started. He stayed because he wanted to make sure nothing went politically wrong.

Any POTUS makes that decision.

The only real difference is this: Lets say McCain was the President-elect in 2007 and was President. Would we have had the focus on Pakistan that we had under Obama. I think not. While I don't know for sure that it was what gave entree to the finding of Osama, the re-focus on Afghanistan where Osama had a presence and he trail was much warmer than it was in Iraq certainly didn't hurt.

Both McCain and Clinton, during the campaign, sharply rebuked Obama for stating that getting OBL was going to be one of his top priorities as president. If he hadn't made it a priority, if he hadn't stayed on top of it, there wouldn't have been a call. Period.

Last edited:
The way I see it, Obama was like the kid on the baseball field who did little to organise the 'team', but the ball fell into his hand while he was chatting to a team mate, so to speak. And he took the credit for everyone else's hard work and let the applause drown-out any scepticsim over what critical part he played in the events leading-up to his team's (America) victory.

Exactly.

He Lacks Grace and Humility and as I have Illustrated before, he won't have thing to do with these Troops he's using for Reelection once he's out of Office.

Fact.

peace...

I see where you are coming from. Bush was SUCH a graceful, humble man.

The way I see it, Obama was like the kid on the baseball field who did little to organise the 'team', but the ball fell into his hand while he was chatting to a team mate, so to speak. And he took the credit for everyone else's hard work and let the applause drown-out any scepticsim over what critical part he played in the events leading-up to his team's (America) victory.

Exactly.

He Lacks Grace and Humility and as I have Illustrated before, he won't have thing to do with these Troops he's using for Reelection once he's out of Office.

Fact.

peace...

I see where you are coming from. Bush was SUCH a graceful, humble man.

Actually, I thought he was.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back