You Freaking Fat A$$~

Lord have mercy!

filippa.jpg

mad ....echo is referring to a program dove is running to help young girls have good self esteem...i am not surprised you are not familiar with it..

5'10" 120 pound model fired for being "TOO FAT."

She was a Size 4 the obsese cow.

:cuckoo:

Size 4 model: I was fired for being too fat - TODAY Fashion & Beauty

You're confusing reality with fashion.

Skinny works in modelig because the camera tends to make us look bigger. Still or video the phemomena is the same

Why?

I'm not positive, but I think that's because the picture is framed.

So models used for purposes of being draped with clothes tend to be taller and thinner than average.

In real life they often look emaciated, but to film they tend to look more fashionable and no quite so skinny as they really are.

Women who are, let's say, the Playboy ideal in real life, actually tend to look a tad chunky on film.

that's oe of the reasons that even playboy models images are often airbrushed, incidently.

I used to date (live with actually) a woman who worked at the Playboy Club in Boston back in the 70s.

She was a knockout in real life but the camera was not kind to her.

Last edited:
I have always been cursed, yes I said cursed, with being considered "skinny". I'm 5'7" and right now pushing about 124. Lost a lot of weight right after my surgery and just now starting to get some of it back. The most I've ever weighed was 132 or there abouts. I eat like a horse, don't watch calories, don't believe in low fat anything, yet I have never been what they call the ideal weight for my heighth. My mom is a whopping 5ft tall and the ONLY time she ever weighed over 100lbs soaking wet was when she was pregnant. My sperm donor was 6'4" and the last time I set eyes on his fat ass he was around 250-260lbs. I constantly pick on my mom about giving me her body (except for the boobs) and his heighth. I am NOT unhealthy but I am thin. Yes, a lot of women out there would kill to have my "problem" but it has always been a "problem" for me. I was teased unmercifully through school. I have since learned to accept the fact that I'll always be "skinny" and actually am quite happy with the way I look (my husband likes it, thank goodness he's a butt and leg man) but I found growing up that being to thin is just as much a reason for others teasing you as is being over weight.

There is entirely to much emphasis on women's bodies in this country. The thinner the better is the desired look anymore. It's being shoved down the throats of girls to young to be worrying about such things. When you see girls as young as 4 crying because their friends or school mates call them fat we have a major problem. Girls are being taught at much to young an age that LOOKS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS! AND, while, yes, there are men out there that are not superficial when it comes to what they want in a woman's looks, there are a hell of a lot out there that are. Yet, you don't see constant TV ads targetting fat MEN.

My husband and I were in a bar in Manhattan last night filled with the most beautiful 20 somethings we've seen in one place. Average size 8-10.

Has anyone read "reviving Ophelia"? A study was done asking teens if they'd rather ve pretty or smart and overwhelmingly they chose pretty. In fact many of the girls said they don't answer questions in class because they don't want to look too smart.

I recommend the book to anyone who has daughters or teaches girls.Too much pressure on these kids these days.

The pressure on girls especialy not to be "too smart" isn't new, chanel. I can't figure it out, never could. Why would an intelligent girl - or woman - want to be with a guy who treats her like she's dumb instead of appreciating her for who she is? :cuckoo:

I think it may be changing. The last few years at my school the #1 student was female. Women are now outnumbering men in college degrees. But the pressure to be skinny (and have big boobs) is a bad as ever in my opinion. Look at the plastic surgery biz. I know single women who have spent their entire savings on a boob job. Frankly it pisses me off when they complain they are broke.

There is a new study out about women and how they feel about their asses!

I thought the results were pretty interesting:

25% of women think their ass is too fat..

10% of women think their ass is too skinny... The other 65% say that they don't care; they love him, he's a good man, and they would have married him anyway.

The girl's face is eh.

Not butter face, though, but not OH MY GOD!! either.

Echo Zulu said:
What is a "butterface?"
I'm actually really surprised you don't know this one, you seem up on ALL the latest pop culture..

It's a girl where basically, you say "everything looks good but her (butter) face".

I always kind of liked butter faces. They didn't have as much sexual capital, so to speak. They were happy to just have someone willing to stab it in :D

I've seen some butter faces with bodies on them that would rival whatever model you could think of.

Echo Zulu said:
What is a "butterface?"
I'm actually really surprised you don't know this one, you seem up on ALL the latest pop culture..

It's a girl where basically, you say "everything looks good but her (butter) face".

I always kind of liked butter faces. They didn't have as much sexual capital, so to speak. They were happy to just have someone willing to stab it in :D

I've seen some butter faces with bodies on them that would rival whatever model you could think of.

Sorry I didn't know that Paulie! :redface:

Having a 14 year old daughter helps me stay "hip"-yeah right.

Butterface! :lol: Too funny!

She is a very attractive woman! (at least she is in the photo) If Ralph Lauren thinks she is too fat, he is a nutjob. But, it is his company and he can do what he wants. Even though I disagree with his opinion, I'll still buy his pants if they fit well.

Forum List

Back