You Company Men Weigh In Here...Don't Be Bashful!

Unions are great. Where else could an experienced, professional lug nut tightener make that kind of money?

Meanwhile, progress continues in the experiment to teach monkeys to tighten lug nuts.

Unions are great. Where else could an experienced, professional lug nut tightener make that kind of money?

Meanwhile, progress continues in the experiment to teach monkeys to tighten lug nuts.

Yeah....I'm sure you do all your plumbing and install your own hot water heaters, do your own HVAC work, re roof your home, do all the gardening, landscaping, mowing and weed trimming is a no brainer, fencing, tree work, carpet installation, TV and sound system installation and repair, hauling, backhoe and bobcat work, carpentry and cabinet making, piano tuning, auto diagnostic and repairs, etc. but all of us aren't as talented with as much time on our hands as you.

As far as your question...I suppose it depends upon how bad and how fast somebody wants their nuts tightened.

Last edited:
None of that is rocket science...I've done most of it. I worked on my own roof replacement (friend is a roofer, we worked out a deal), I did my own plumbing repairs. I did hire someone to replace the boiler, mostly because I just didn't want to deal with it. I turned my garage from a flimsy, drafty thing with bare wall studs to a finished shop with power and plumbing. I ran the Bobcat (actually, I vaguely recall it was a John Deere) that tore up my old walkway and helped with setting the new walkway.

None of that is rocket science...I've done most of it. I worked on my own roof replacement (friend is a roofer, we worked out a deal), I did my own plumbing repairs. I did hire someone to replace the boiler, mostly because I just didn't want to deal with it. I turned my garage from a flimsy, drafty thing with bare wall studs to a finished shop with power and plumbing. I ran the Bobcat (actually, I vaguely recall it was a John Deere) that tore up my old walkway and helped with setting the new walkway.

Like I said...you're one helluva lot more talented than the rest and you obviously have a lot of time on your hands. Are you one of those who inheirited your fortune or stole it. You might be one of the very persons you're bad mouthing...you know, a union man who does nothing but gets paid big bucks.

You're still ignoring the statistics. I know it's painful for you. Not admitting when one has their head up their ass is dificult I would imagine....especially one who is narcissistic.

Last edited:
What in the hell are you babbling about?! I inherited nothing, I stole nothing. Thousands of people have done the same thing I did...I bought a house, I saw how much paying people to repair, maintain, and upgrade it would be...so I learned to do it myself. I have never been paid to do anything I mentioned.

Forum List

Back