you cant say the n word teacher suspended

So you think it would've been perfectly fine if all the students were white?

:rofl:

let me smack you upside your stupid ass head *smack* i hope that is not considered threatening...i think threatening would be more...i am gonna waste the gas to drive....hmmmm i have no clue where you are...

of course it would not be different if it were all white students...

dont make me smack ya again

let me smack you upside your stupid ass head *smack* i hope that is not considered threatening...i think threatening would be more...i am gonna waste the gas to drive....hmmmm i have no clue where you are...

of course it would not be different if it were all white students...

dont make me smack ya again

These are your words, not mine.

no freedumb o' speech in a classroom...had black students.

Why the qualifier then? :eusa_whistle:

alrighie bonehead....i would think that someone might be a wee bit more sensitive with black students in the classroom? now wouldnt you?

Sorry, that's beyond stupid. He's got a serious judgment problem if he didn't realize that would get him in trouble.
He's outta there.

Unless he's done this sort of thing before I would have given him a second chance, after he apologized to the class and had a day or two off unpaid.

Maybe he has a record as being a well respected teacher and he went temporarily insane?

What school district can afford to loose good teachers?

But I have to agree, teachers who have judgment issues are a threat to kids. That's for sure.

Unless he's done this sort of thing before I would have given him a second chance, after he apologized to the class and had a day or two off unpaid.

Maybe he has a record as being a well respected teacher and he went temporarily insane?

What school district can afford to loose good teachers?

But I have to agree, teachers who have judgment issues are a threat to kids. That's for sure.

it shows such poor judgement any way you look at it. its one of those.."what the hell were you thinking" moments.

AllieBaba Wrote:
Sorry, that's beyond stupid. He's got a serious judgment problem if he didn't realize that would get him in trouble.

Teachers who have judgment issues are a threat to kids. He's outta there.

I am interested in knowing more about the situation. Did one of the students ask what the acronym meant? What were they discussing? My middle-school students have asked me some REALLY inappropriate things over the past 5 years, not to try to get me in trouble, but because they wanted to know and trusted me not to embarrass them because they asked.

Now, obviously...a good teacher needs to know when you say, "I'm sorry, guys, its not school appropriate." and when to answer...but I'm not sure if this teacher thought he was explaining the acronym because it was relevant or someone asked...or if he really just decided it would be fun to use the "n-word" in his classroom.

17 years of teaching is a lot of experience to piss away because he showed poor judgement once. Especially since he has already been moved to working with adult learners.

I once flubbed after saying the word "micro-organism" 800 times in one day and excitedly told my last period class that we would be doing "a cool investigation of micro-orgasms during lab." Luckily, my students laughed and I quickly apologized and corrected myself. I explained to my principal what had happened in case any parents called, and my principal laughed. Teachers make mistakes.

Now, I understand that what this teacher did is a lot different from a verbal slip-up...but I'm not sure it merits his dismissal - I'd need to know more about what was going on in the classroom, and what his track-record was as a teacher first.

Forum List

Back