you cant say the n word teacher suspended

This was in my local paper.

he had put up an acronym on the chalk board

He wrote Can you Help A (N) get elected

and Come help a (N) get elected.

He's been suspended for 10 days and must submit an apology to his students and attend diversity and sensitivity training. Personally I think he should be fired.

This was in my local paper.

he had put up an acronym on the chalk board

He wrote Can you Help A (N) get elected

and Come help a (N) get elected.

He's been suspended for 10 days and must submit an apology to his students and attend diversity and sensitivity training. Personally I think he should be fired.
I agree. That's just stupidity, sour grapes, and hatred.

In my best jsanders voice...

Duh, so much for freedumb o' speech!

:lol:

well perhaps if he'd have been a language arts teacher and not s social studies teacher he couldn't said it was a lesson on acronyms

I agree wholeheartedly that it was poor judgment on his part, but fired? Come on, the guy is a 17 year veteran instructor...unless he has a history of making racially charged comments, everyone is allowed to do or say something stupid...apologize for it and move on. 10 days without pay, an apology letter to his class...AND the fact that the man is going to be teaching Adult Ed...is more than enough punishment.

Well ... one rap song, I hate the stuff myself, but listened for comparisons sake once ... you will hear a variation of the word repeating several times. Unless it was used a 'bash' then it isn't truly an insult, if used to 'bash', well, I have heard people get away with far worse.

I agree wholeheartedly that it was poor judgment on his part, but fired? Come on, the guy is a 17 year veteran instructor...unless he has a history of making racially charged comments, everyone is allowed to do or say something stupid...apologize for it and move on. 10 days without pay, an apology letter to his class...AND the fact that the man is going to be teaching Adult Ed...is more than enough punishment.

Sorry, that's beyond stupid. He's got a serious judgment problem if he didn't realize that would get him in trouble.

Teachers who have judgment issues are a threat to kids. He's outta there.

Forum List

Back